It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma Makes Another Killing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Big Pharma Makes Another Killing

www.activistpost.com

The latest outrage against the health of humanity is the paltry fine levied against GlaxoSmithKline by our protectors, the Food and Drug Administration. The drug, Avandia, which was cited in 2007 as a potential danger, has indeed become one at the rate of around 500 heart attacks and 300 cases of heart failure per month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The fine of $2.1 billion after taxes -- which may seem large to most -- is less than a third of Glaxo's annual profit.

Avandia was not banned; by a 20-12 decision it can continue to be sold to the very same segment of the population that is likely to continue harming. The fine is nothing compared to the continued profits that will result from the FDA's current refusal to pull this killer drug off the market.

So people die, have heart failure, and Glaxo still makes money off of it all. Big pharma really is getting away with too much we know this already, but give me a break this is just sickening and it hits home directly to me because my father almost died of a heart attack (actually he technically did die but came back) when I was a young child, and I can't imagine all of those people having to go through such a trauma.

I feel for those who will never be compensated for the life's that were ruined because of this drug - money does not solve all issues. The powers that be think so, but we all know that our lives are not worth any dollar amount.

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I attach another link which might interest you regarding BIG pharma companies.............. Another example of a TRUSTED AMercian name I beleive....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Food for thought

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
500 a month??!!

That is unbelievably crazy.

This definitely needs to be put on every local radio station.

And they say we don't need a new health system...

As Da Vinci said,

In the end times, man will steal others true riches. Their health. (give or take some words)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Good quote. And yes 500 a month... it's sickening (I can't say it enough).

How the government, in this case the FDA, allowed such a drug to be passed without more testing (or maybe they wanted this, who knows) is also grotesque.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
You know, i hate it when quotes are distorted.

But the call for the drug's demise comes as Graham and Gelperin say that Avandia is responsible for about 500 additional heart attacks and 300 additional cases of heart failure each month than would occur if Actos were used exclusively.

ANY medicine that works has side effects. If it is claimed that X stuff is harmless - then it does nothing to our body. And it does not have to be lab stuff. Snake poison is natural. Digitalis is natural.
So starting to call conventional medicine a killer despite all the facts about life expectancy growing and such - is insane. Natural remedies alone could not reach the same results for thousands of years, and modern conventional medicine is largely based on the same plants, simply focusing on stuff that does work and making it more concentrated while simply applying scientific approach .
Person with type 2 diabetes can try to change diet, exercise and use plants in order to escape the awful complications or even come back to normal health. But face it - few succeed because it is very very hard. People who take medicine can escape the complications relatively easy without need to make huge effort. Is it bad? I do not know. It does help much bigger crowd.
Drugs have side effects, pharma companies are in there for $ only (and natural companies are all altruistic , right?) and lots of people who do not need to take medications take it for all the wrong reasons.
So i do not defend Avandia (much cheaper and less problematic medicine exists for decades), nor do i defend Pharma companies.
But attack by "alternative" fanatics on conventional medicine that does WORK as facts of life tell us is just as bad as "conventional" fanatics using medicine that was developed based on herbal remedies and still claiming that it is all lies and charlatans.
There has to be independent regulation of health care products - both conventional and alternative. It just has to be really -independent- and it is hard when so much money and power is being used by pharma companies, or when "natural" companies refuse to do simplest of tests to show that their products have any effect beside rumors and hearsay.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
reply to post by gandhi

Good quote. And yes 500 a month... it's sickening (I can't say it enough).

How the government, in this case the FDA, allowed such a drug to be passed without more testing (or maybe they wanted this, who knows) is also grotesque.

FDA is run by the drug companies.Pharma employees go to work for FDA and then go back to pharma for fat rises/bonuses after having done their dirty work.

I wonder why that Obama has not done anything.

Pharma want to bans raw milk and vitamins as thy could kill you.They have banned raw almonds already.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You are wrong somewhat.

Life expectancy has improved due to better living standards and clean water and sanitation.

Medicines does save lives.No doubt about it.

A WHO report said that only about 200 drugs are really useful, the rest about 22000 are derivatives of them are patented and sold athuge markup money spinners and have huge side effects due to corrupt testing by FDA who is staffed by Pharma employees.

top topics

join