It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bringing Reiki up to date?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
From 1999 to 2003 I have earned three Masters: Usui Reiki Ryoho,
Karuna Reiki and Seichem Reiki.
I see it has been a very long time since someone had posted last,
but hopefully I can give few answers and get a few answers.

I do not get tired during or after giving Reiki energy. At first I did,
because I was tired at the time I was trying to use it to heal others.
The best thng one can do is NEVER do Reiki (or meditate, too) if you
are tired. Go lay down and rest and as you do, place your hands on
the chakras that "feel" they need the energy. It helps alot. Plus if you
do a light session of Reiki on yourself, it clears channel and boosts the
flow for the person you will give it to (whether in person or distant).

Before I was attuned to Reiki, I did not like bright colors. My fave colors
were very dark (blue and black), and my clothing were only solid colors
primarily black blue or white. After attunement, Colors exploded for me.
Right after my attunement, I opened my eyes and saw whirls and whisps
of lavenders and different shades of purples/violets. My clothing colors
changed alot as well as my artwork. I used and experienced so many
colors, and even flowers and different kinds of prints.

As far as scanning, I do not know if all masters do the same as me. I can
"see" where something is wrong with the body, as well as sense with my
hands. Funny thing is, someone would complain about pain in the head
and my hands and intuition would go to the stomache area.....After some
simple questions, it turns out the headaches were caused by the digestion.
Studying Chinese medicine helps to understand these types of thing, and
how the body (system) can project pain at one end simply to counteract
true pain or cause at another end.

I do try to avoid hospitals, dentist/doctor offices, because so many times
when I go in to the waiting area, my hands activate real hot, then I figure
out how many people in the room are in alot of pain and why. It takes every
thing I can do to sit still in my seat and not say a word.

The only thing I have bad to say about Reiki is: DO NOT try to hold a chocolate
bar for too long, you will find it melting rapidly (at least thats what happens to
me).

I have seen with my own eyes what reik can do. It has even done a few miracles
(literally). I am one of them. If it wasnt for Reiki, I would not be here today (at
least three times).....Every time I lay down, I ALWAYS give myself Reiki, because
I have too.

I would like someone who was attuned to Seichem Reiki to U2U me if they
would like to share with me info regarding the uses of the symbols. I still have the
symbols, but I have not had alot of experience using them and would appreciate
another persons explanation of their uses. It has been a long time since Seichem,
and I am rusty on that, and would sure like to get it going again.

Love and (Violet) Light!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You can sing the praises of Reiki as many times as you like but it's not going to change the fact that it relies solely on the placebo effect.

IRM

[edit on 19/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hi Infrared,
Please explain Placebo Effect.
What does it apply to?
I never tried to find out about it, but have heard the words a couple times on this site.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Please explain Placebo Effect.

Placebo effect:

"the tendency of any medication or treatment, even an inert or ineffective one, to exhibit results simply because the recipient believes that it will work "

The only thing I have bad to say about Reiki is

I personally recommend caution when dealing with reiki. Many years ago I received what I would describe as a "bad attunement" which apparently resulted in health problems I had never manifested up until that point. I responded by attempting to use reiki to fix them. The results were not good. Eventually I concluded reiki was creating and magnifying problems rather than correcting them, and I stopped practicing altogether.

I don't dimisss the possibility that reiki practice may have beneficial results. I have seen some. But just like one bad chiropractic session can result in neck problems for life, so too can bad reiki practice have long term consequences.

Be careful who you allow to tinker with your energies.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I find it sad that meditation and healing types of threads get buried under all the other bull crap on the recent posts page.

I have given and receiving healing energy before, so i know firsthand that is real.

I am also aware that negative energy can be transferred as well, so as a previous poster said, be careful not to open yourself up too much, and always put up a protective shield of love.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Without going on and on, reiki is just a form of hypnosis, a process of the subconsicous mind (for want of a better word) and it works on the process of the placebo effect, with proper hypnosis its possible to acheive complete body anesthesia which is more effective than painkilling drugs.

The famous Milton Erickson would hypnotise cancer patients so they would not feel pain in treatment, reiki is actually slowing down the evolution of humanity while conversly it is a great help to people as a doorway into more interesting mental experiences.

Paace out now and forever

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Just curious if you have come across the practice of Lay On Hands in your line of work?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I think you are suffering from what is called 'the mis-diagnosis of reality.'

Just because it works and you know it works does not mean you are labeling it correctly, of course this sounds a little harsh, but I have meet and read about hundreds of people claiming special powers and what-not, when they are not special, they are evolutionary processes available to all of humanity. As above, for more info alta-vista search Milton Erickson, described as the Mozart of psychology.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
yyyyyyyyyyyyy are you in this thread.

Seriously, even if it is placebo effect, that is still pretty damn cool that the human body can do that.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Sorry about how its explained, maybe you have taken the words a little the wrong way, I am not saying the placebo effect is not amazing, it is, I am agreeing with your points, what I am saying is you are under-subscribing the placebo effect. The human body is capable of achieving MUCH more than reiki, and in fact reiki is selling short our abilities.

And the thread is about the evolution of reiki, which I have known about and practicsed for the last 10 years, (although not a huge amount), it's just hypnosis is a much more elegant and true way to describe the experience.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
since Placebo effect was pointed out as someone needing to believe in something in order for it to work, well I am happy to say Reiki is NOT Placebo effect.

Animals, plants, trees do not have a belief system, yet Reiki has worked.

The sun will come up whether you believe it or not. You can feel the rays, or benefit from the rays whether you believe it or not.

Electricity is an energy, and though we cannot see it, it still works, whether we believe it or not. Same with radio waves, etc.

there are many forms of energy that exist, and will continue to exist whether people believe in them or not. We all have energy fields (all living things have it) and these energy fields can be effected not only by positive/negative energy, but also by mere thoughts.....I would also like to remind everyone, that thoughts are also energy.
Reiki is not hypnosis...you may want to study more on actual methods of hypnosis and the huge difference between hypnosis and Reiki....A practitioner does not need to say a single word during a session.

As far as someone having a bad experience with reiki, that is something I cannot figure out...Usually when a person is attuned, they will go through a "healing crises".. this means major things are changing in the system for the good such as raising vibrations. a good exmple of a healing crises other than Reiki is when a person stops one behavior (or habit) and tries to replace it with something better or different, their body will go through a healing crises. In toherwords, it all seems like the body is going in reverse in health, yet in fact it is the bodies way of changing, adjusting, then gaining momentum for the new.

As far as something happening "bad" due to a treatment, as far as I know, the only way something like that could happen, is there are traumas/blocks that had surfaced (Reiki can bring those up to surface), but somehow they were not dealt with, or "let go", or possibly the session was prematurely ended, or even ended without proper closure of session.

As I said, Reiki can open up old fears, traumas, etc, and that is the time/opportunity to use the reiki to release it, but the person has to let go. somtimes people bottle it up again and dont come out truthfully that they are holding it in.
Sometimes things are brought up and stay until you figure a way to resolve it in your life. Another person cannot do that for you.

but to all those who have not tried Reiki or are skeptical, dont knock it till you've tried it. You need not believe in it at all, just sit or lay back, and enjoy the energy. The practitioners goal is to help you let go of negative energy (aka dis-ease) and replace it with positive....Even stress can cause alot of problems, and Reiki helps alot in that department. Stress prevents one from healing.

We work with energy. And many more things than that. It all depends on how much training a practitioner has had, etc.

Hopefully I have cleared up some things or answered a few questions.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
does it even matter if it's based on placebo effect or not?
the important thing is it works, who cares how or why?

what exactly is this placebo effect anyway? sure, we have a pretty definition, but nobody really knows how exactly it works, all we have are theories... hardly enough to claim anything with certainty... or say that it is a "fact" that reiki is based on nothing more that this effect... how exactly is that a fact? who exactly proved it and when, and where can i find their research papers on this?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

As far as someone having a bad experience with reiki,
that is something I cannot figure out

It's simple. Ask yourself "how does reiki attunement work?" And I would asnwer "just like any other attunement." Just like how one tunes a piano string to be receptive to a particular note, so too does a reiki attunement tune an individual to be receptive to a particular frequency.

If somebody tunes your piano badly, you're going to have dischordance when certain keys are played.

Now...imagine somebody tuning your energy body badly.

As far as something happening "bad" due to a treatment

As I said, in my case it was an attunement, not a treatment. But a simple google search will reveal others who have also had bad experiences with reiki. Unfortunately it seems that a standard part of the training process is to teach people that reiki is "flawless" and "can never cause harm."

It all depends on how much training a practitioner has had

No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with "training." Reiki is not a "practice" and people who do it do not become "more skilled." If you're really a master level practitioner, you should know this.

One performs reiki by getting out of the way and allowing the energy to flow through ones self like a conduit. There is no conscious direction of flow. Even when one uses a symbol like choku rei, it is not a matter of "pushing" or "directing" energy, but rather placing the symbol and allowing the natural course of energy to be directed by it, not by the person acting as conduit.

Repetitive exposure to particular frequencies, be they "reiki frequencies" or anything else, has a tendancy to further groove the attunement of the receiver. This is why mantra siddhi occurs.

Repeated exposure to "reiki frequencies" causes one to be more attuned to them, and thus better able to be used by them. But this works both ways. What if you're repeatedly exposed to the "frequency" of unhealth and disease? Well, you become better attuned to that and thus better able to be used by them.

And, if someone receives an unhealthy attunement, then every time they channel that unhealthy energy not only will they be spreading it to the others they think they're healing, they'll also be further grooving themselves to receive it. And they'll be doing that with faith that reiki is "flawless" and can "do no harm" so when things go badly their reaction will be to keep doing it, thus making it even worse.

Bringing Reiki up to date?

If you really want to bring reiki up to date, I'd propose that you spend less time channeling it as an unconscious antenna and more time understanding what it is you're doing. In my experience, reiki instructors tend to encourage mindlessness. They teach that there's no reason to know or understand, no need to be aware of what you're doing or why. To just "sit back and enjoy" as you phrased it.

Allowing yourself to be used by external forces with no knowledge or understanding of what they are, what they're doing, or how or why they do what they do can be dangerous.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
TextIn regards to "Bringing Reiki up to Date"
It seemed to have been quite some time since the last reiki thread was posted.
So now, I have posted a new thread (up to date). So we can discuss Reiki, catch up, and share experiences.

Now........maybe that clarifies this thread. I apologize if anyone misunderstood the words.

Now, in regards to practitioners training. Some people do well with more training, and some do well with more experience......and some do pretty darn good with both.

as far as the normally used words "conduit", oops, sorry again if someone misunderstood my words.....I used an example with the word "instrument".........I didnt want to sound like a manual. Reiki simply goes where it is need. Period.

Lordbucket,
As far as "Up To Date" in this thread, I noticed it has been quite a while since a Reiki thread had been posted. So I got this thread going to get up to date (this month, this year?). share more about reiki (as I shared a bit),
and also at the end of my starting post was:

I would like someone who was attuned to Seichem Reiki to U2U me if they
would like to share with me info regarding the uses of the symbols. I still have the symbols, but I have not had alot of experience using them and would appreciate another persons explanation of their uses. It has been a long time since Seichem, and I am rusty on that, and would sure like to get it going again.

Sorry if you misunderstood.
I am quite conscious. but would like to catch up. Get up to date (not update), so to speak. thanks for sharing your thoughts (and opinions)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
lotta haters here for some reason. i get that too sometimes. closed-minded people deal in division and other-ness. there was no need to post comments if they were just meant as attacks.

for the op, s+f.

its proven fact that we have bio-electrical energy in us and around us. and that we can control them. AND that it can effect other peoples' energy. all documented fact. go ahead and show me that its not a fact. bring me even one link that says these arent facts.

just keep doing your thing. these cats dont matter much, thats why they talk so loud. if i ever meet someone knowledgable in reiki, i will definately send them your way. even years from now.

back to regularly scheduled de-programming.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

I can see that in many things intended to be for the good, sometimes a few folks may have some kind of bad experience. I personally have never heard anyone complain about reiki, they really enjoyed it and when their issues came up, they understood better that those issues came up for a reason (for them to work on them, solve them, or let them go).

As far as haters, or people trying to get an argument going, I will use care to remind them that this is not a bashing thread and if they want to vent some frustration, post a new thread and have at it.
Not in my thread.......
Sure, I would appreciate some stars and flags in any of my threads, but those are not my goal. I can simply close a thread after pointing out the aggressor.

If anyone just got here to this thread and clicked on the last page, please be sure to read the first couple posts of mine.

I welcome some cool tips, experiences, etc. for us to share here. Those who posted on previous threads that are old, please come here and let us know how things have changed for you since then------Lets get UP TO DATE (catch up).

thank you everyone who visits this thread.

join