It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Us Believe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There are lots of threads out there telling us that ghost or life after death is real. Make Me Believe! I've watched all the TV ghost hunting shows and have been able to debunk every single one. MAKE ME BELIEVE!!! I want my soul to live forever. . .I want to live forever with my kids and my chosen companion. . . can anyone prove to me that we will be able to live together after dying? I am not a smartass (OK, I am), but this is a serious question to my family. . .can someone please convince us that we will be together for a very long time? If anyone can, $100 to you. No questions asked.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I feel sorry for you, because you suffer that you do not know that we exist forever! And no not through christ, but through God- all that is. If you want proof, undeniable cant question it proof- then no one here will be able to show it to you. You will have to do the work yourself and risk the consequences. Ouiji boards do wonders. But I warn you, be careful. Ouiji boards open the door to the otherside and attract all sorts of entitys.

If you want proof of the otherside. That is it.

If you want proof of God- seek religion.

If you want solace that your soul will not end- seek past life regression therapy and learn about your past lives.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

keep your $100. i'd be happier with a star.

in my opinion: saying "make me believe" is akin to someone saying "shut your mouth and eat".

hard to put food into my mouth when my mouth is shut.

i'll say this, before you choose to decide whether you "believe" or not...

what percentage of the spectrum of light are you capable of actially percieving with your eyes?

this is a variable in the equation, i think.

thoughts, things & stuff,
et

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Here is the way that I see it, when your brain goes, you won't be able to think. When your eyes go, you won't be able to see. When you no longer have nerve endings, you won't be able to feel through touch. Of course, without a brain, you won't have any senses.

When you die, obviously your brain rotts away, thus leaving you without anyway to realize where or what you are. I would have to say that when you are dead, you are dead. Nothing; Zero; Zip! At least from our current understanding of science.

It is hard for us to percieve non-existence, nothingness, but I'm affraid that may be it.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
its all about perspective

there is no way you will be able to get any real information on this website about paranormal phenomena

every video can be fake

any testimony can be created by anyone

we dont have any background on the persons brain state in the time of the phenomena

its impossible to know

everything you read here as general needs to be taken with a lot of salt

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Perhaps the eyes, ears, nose, mouth and nerves are just feedback systems for the mind... In the same way the steering wheel, brakes, gear stick and dash are for a car. When the driver leaves the car, the car is inanimate yet the driver still 'lives' on without a need for the car.

Perhaps it's possible for the mind, soul or whatever to live on after leaving the body using a set of senses we can't even fathom. Who knows?
None of us do really. I wouldn't dismiss it so easily.

IRM

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Check the studies being done at numerous hospitals around the world, I believe the Royal Womens Hospital in London is one, that have been coming up with credible results of life after death from those who experience NDE's.

Ive never seen a ghost, never want to either, but I have had an experience that sure made me believe & not want it to happen again. My word that it happened isnt proof, but neither is anyone saying a lack of proof is proof its all a hoax.

Ultimately, we probably will never know until it happens to us, but frauds like J. Edwards sure give plenty of credit to the hoax idea. There are genuine psychics out there, then theres those with their own TV shows.

True or not, Id like it to be true.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

If it were important enough to you, you would find your own proof.
It would be a waste of my time besides.
Good hunting.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I will not make you believe, believing something is implying you are "UNDERSTANDING" that something for no reason at all.

I will however, enlighten you to not believe.

Existence itself is a mystery. A beginning is baffling to think of. Yet, there is one; or so we must think due to our senses.

So, dose existence exist outside of our minds, or inside? Is the matrix concept really that far from the truth?

You are born, and then you die. What happens in between? Experience. And how is that experience, experienced? Through consciousness. And how is that consciousness created? Through existence. And where dose existence come from? Nothing? or Life itself?

Nobody can know for sure. What we can know, is that we don't know. And what we don't know, is everything. The tree of knowledge is a good analogy. We knew nothing, which allowed us to understand everything. We "ate" the fruit, and thus we think we can know anything.

Paradox? I think not. A paradox only exists when man is wrong. Man is only wrong, when man thinks itself is right.

Man can only think to be right, only if he believes there to be wrong.

Wrong can only exist, if man tricks himself into egoistic views.

And the circle continues.

Mans greatest mistake, would have to be to believe.

(money not wanted)

[edit on 19-7-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I understand your viewpoint, and always require scientific proof to establish facts beyond all doubt. Physics is my God.
Yet physics is theory until proven fact, or otherwise. We use only 7-9% of our brain at the very most, at any given time. The other 91-93% is 'forgotten' or 'unestablished' bio-electro-magnetic waves. We have not a clue what it does as no-one has managed to capture brainwave usage at its extreme. ie. in exte cases of terror, oblivion, ecstatic pleasure, or death!
There is a relative frequency at which we all function, in fact everything of every matter functions. It differs from object, person, animal, mood, and conditions. That is well proven. I'm an architect, and we, along with structural engineers, civil engineers, physicians, mathmaticians, or observers of phenomenon, have no idea why, when a structure hits a certain 'relative frequency', it contorts to an unrecognised and incomprehensible amount, and collapses!
There is a famous example of a 'bouncing' bridge snaking at fantastic wavelengths, until the wind hit exactly 33.1mph and it started torting and spectactularly broke to bits. Until then, it was a 'fun attraction' that people would drive across on the huge waves. There is a theory that the same causes 'ball lightning' and 'spontaneous human combustion'.
Monkeys, without forewarning, will screech, run, and panic, for no reason. There has been impossible circumstances for reason... and suddenly, the definite threat becomes obvious. A predator will appear. We don't know how they know, just that it's a sixth sense! A reliable one, very similar to our 'fight or flight' anxieties when posed with danger. Many animals have observed to 'sense' the same, and many have sensed a 'presence' that is unexplainable. Are these primative animals wrong, or have we truly lost our ability to sense the same as we're top of the food chain?
In extreme terror, or death, do we project an aura that is on a frequency relative to the experience? I'd rather not be 'trapped' in a continual reply of the paranormal if that's the case.
You sure you want to be? Good luck... hope this throws a few theories your way.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Could you please give that hundred to a friend , because after I prove it you won't be around to pay up

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

Ex nihilo nihil fit.

We've been here quite long time. DNA is proof of that. DNA may be an ages old parasite which makes us human behave in ways we do: Eat and copulate, hence ensuring it's continuity.

The matter in us is also eternal, yet continously (r)evolving.

Keep your $100 FFS

-v

[edit on 19-7-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Ask God to give you subjective evidence. Then seek Him diligently and He'll help you.

If you do it half-halfheartedly you might not find personal proof. But if you seek him with all your heart he will help you as He did me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
first of all, I agree with a lot that is already said above.

second, OP:
Where are you standing in regards to you quetions right now?
do you not believe at all?
or do you believe but you need proof to strengthen your belief?
Or something else?
make me understand

There is proof, it's all around you all day long, you just have to want to see it. If you see proof and your mind keeps going "no no no no", then you will keep denying it for the rest of your life.

For most of us, our personal experiences are so many that we can't deny it anymore. Unfortunately it stays a 'personal' experience that isn't shared with others and thus not provable.
When does a coincidence stop being a coincidence for you? When is an experience enough to convince you?
Ask yourself that. What kind of proof do you need?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We are all searching for something. And we are always looking for contentment at all times. Me included. Please understand that you are not a random accident.
What I tell you is true. God is real! I have seen him three different times, and heard him directly once. The first time I saw him face to face in a vision. It only lasted but a split second. He had a piercingly blinding brilliance in every part of him including his aura. I felt like I had died. I almost fell over!I was a child at that time.It was unbearable! Not like something totally evil, but rather it was like clearing all the nonsense and lust out of me, like purifeing me.
The second time I had contact with him was in my teenage years when I became A speed addict. I hadnt' slept in days and was in great distress. I was sitting in my car as the sun was coming up just staring out my window when all of a sudden everything I could see changed in an instant, there was a symphony of miniature swirls in perfect harmony as if everything was blending together and meshing with itself. it only lasted but a brief moment. Because all of the sudden on my left hand side about two feet from my head and slightly above me I heard in a loud and powerful voice ..........( RANDY,.....HEY RANDY!!!!!!!!! And I snapped out of it, back into this reality. It is only later that I have come to realize that I had died. But at the time I had a false concept of what death of the body is.
The second time I saw him again I was in great distress.Only this time It was in the nighttime and I was looking around in perplexity as to how to end my seemingly impossible situation.Then I started to let go and looked up into the sky seeing that it was a clear night.Slowly a faintly reddish haze appeared and started to envelope the whole sky. I thought that a great calamity was about to fall on me. So I turned away and tried to ignore it . which at that point when I turned back the sky was clear. Yet there was something inside me that convinced me not to ignore it. I let it happen and the sky again out of nowhere was enveloped by a mist. only this time I saw a light off in the distance and it would appear and dissapear then I saw another light again and again till it was close enough for me to see that it was a human figure made out of light. The cool thing was that this figure moved as if he were parting a curtain. and he did it gracefully . What shocked me the most was that I could make out a tall crown on his head. ....... Unfortunately I have to go to work now and I will try to complete my experience to you later. Please keep your money.And I say that I hope I go to hell For leading you astray if I am wrong...... peace be with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is going to get me to believe that you can be aware without a brain or the organs and body parts that it controls, without some kind of scientific evidence to support such a claim.

For instance, when someone goes braindead, or has lost function with a part of the brain, they become "retarded" (proper term?). Why would they become reatrded if you really didn't need the brain? Could it be because of the physical parameters in which we find ourselves? Sure, but I still couldn't imagine "being" without the conduit to channel my energy into something intelligent, such as a human body.

--airspoon

[edit on 19-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

Tell you what, if you make me not believe I will make you believe!

Do you not see the futility in your demand?

You will only believe what you want to believe, me trying to change what you want is foolhardy, at best.

I wish you luck on your quest for contentment, though few ever find it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

s short film about open mindednesses' qualities:

top topics

join