It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Contact Has Begun" a twisted hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Many of you might recognize the book "The Contact has Begun" by Los Angeles Times copy editor Philip H. Kraph. He's an established man in the media for a huge publication. He publishes a book about an encounter of the 1st kind with a species of aliens known as the Verdants. An inspiration, captivating novel by a guy who's career is based on legitimacy. He's even a Pulitzer Prize winner! Should we give him a chance?! Maybe not so..

Check out this Amazon review and pay special attention to the 2nd paragraph:

Bought & read it yesterday. Enthralled by wishful thinking, yet appalled by the use of "truth". This journalist should have submitted his story to the rag publications - not to be in the category of "author".

Noticed some blatant tricks of the novel trade, whereby names (when scrambled about) spell out clues to the meaning of the story or character: Gwantelmipsa can unscramble to "a wet sampling" or "I want sample". The first initial of each of the 11 aliens (on the committee)spells out "dark meeting" and the initials of all the committees (pg. 147) when put together, spells out "CIA species of hope" along with such words as "spaceship", and "spoof". Verdant/servant(?). Much wordplay to disclaim his event.

Lots of unanswered questions and (in the face of an immense UFO community of people who HAVE lived through contact)a hard-to-believe slap-in-the-face response to his amazing event: "My life has not been transformed..." Food for thought: would "absolute intelligent" beings choose ONE journalist to write a very thin book to sit among the thousand of UFO books, in hopes that we get a global message? (Wouldn't they choose a group from around the globe to unitely undertake the "white paper"`project?)

I know that many anagrams are generally considered as over-imagination, especially in deciphering unusual codes. I'm not well versed in reading fiction, but according to the reviewer, this word play is consistent in many novels. I'm more interested in the abbreviations that ended up spelling out common words related to the subject. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, most importantly, none of the things in this guy's book ever came to fruition. The 10-year road map for disclosure? 2009 already passed. His credibility is hanging on a leaf. His data is not consistent with other experiencers. He had an unimaginable experience, yet he said it did not transform his life. Did he just play a big joke on all his readers?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
One person writes a book, another throws a hubcap into the air and takes a photo, they both got the response that they wanted. The only difference is that the first person made a lot of money in sales from the "I believe" crowd. Both saw an opportunity where they could convince people to believe in their story and gain something from it in return.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well dont be suprised when an author writes BS! That should be the least suprising thing you have come across!
Look, in this day and age money is more important than legitimacy by an awful long stretch. It shouldnt be, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Bank managers, accountants, none of these are paid in honour, or in truth. All that gets a person through, is thier ability to output some product or service, and then accumulate token wealth in return.
Wether a paid disinfo agent, or just a capable writer with a good imagination and bills to pay, you cant be suprised when the scorpion stings the frog.
You can expect real information on this subject to be provided without cost , utterly free by those who have it. You can expect when (if) disclosure comes it will be by channels which cannot be blocked, and are not dependant on money in order to access them. If it occurs at all, there will be no question, save for what to do with the gibbering idiot masses who didnt really believe . In the mean time, if it costs money, then its not real information. Its just capitalism at work.

join