It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama/Osama Video - Curious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

You do know he can (and probably will) be voted in again right? That's what I took you to mean, that if he was voted in again you would want the military to intervene and you would want a military dictatorship. Which isn't surprising, many people on here already want a military dictatorship, and have posted as such. They want Obama gone so badly, they would rather have a military dictatorship than have a representative democracy.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

You do know he can (and probably will) be voted in again right? That's what I took you to mean, that if he was voted in again you would want the military to intervene and you would want a military dictatorship. Which isn't surprising, many people on here already want a military dictatorship, and have posted as such. They want Obama gone so badly, they would rather have a military dictatorship than have a representative democracy.

If he is legally voted in again then I have nothing to say on the matter. If he attempts to stay in power beyond a term in which he is voted out - that's when it will become a problem.

People like me swore in to defend the constitution and as soon as it is violated - and I mean - directly violated ranging from a sad attempt (which would fail) to take Americans' guns away, or to stay in office and try to declare oneself a dictator, those of us who are contracted to the constitution would no longer be under that contract.

I honestly think another civil war would start, but the US Military would definitely splinter. People forget just how many of us come from Texas, Florida, the Carolinas and other like-minded states.

As long as people follow the established rules, I don't have an issue. As soon as that's no longer the case - you better not be in my way.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

If he is legally voted in again then I have nothing to say on the matter. If he attempts to stay in power beyond a term in which he is voted out - that's when it will become a problem.

Don't worry, he won't attempt to stay in power if someone else is elected, that has never happened in the history of this country, and I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

People said the same thing with George W. Bush and I didn't buy it either. It's a temporary job. All presidents know this going into it.

I will apologize though, I thought you were one of those military dictatorship, civil war/revolution nuts on here that think the only way to fix what is wrong in our country is to go around and kill Americans.

I have seen the rage coming from the right wing. The absolute insanity of posters here that feel that killing Americans is the solution to their problems. They feel that nothing short of a revolution is the answer, they want the military to go in and blow away everyone in Washington and somehow, some way, think that the military once in control will step down willingly.

I have even read some nuts on here talk about repealing the 13th Amendment because they hate Obama so much.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Don't worry, he won't attempt to stay in power if someone else is elected, that has never happened in the history of this country, and I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

People said the same thing with George W. Bush and I didn't buy it either. It's a temporary job. All presidents know this going into it.

I will apologize though, I thought you were one of those military dictatorship, civil war/revolution nuts on here that think the only way to fix what is wrong in our country is to go around and kill Americans.

I have seen the rage coming from the right wing. The absolute insanity of posters here that feel that killing Americans is the solution to their problems. They feel that nothing short of a revolution is the answer, they want the military to go in and blow away everyone in Washington and somehow, some way, think that the military once in control will step down willingly.

I have even read some nuts on here talk about repealing the 13th Amendment because they hate Obama so much.

I'm an active duty US Soldier and I would shoot anyone giving me orders to fire upon American citizens, unless said citizens were trying to kill me.

I personally hope that a civil war doesn't break out, but if Texas secedes from the union, you better believe a LOT of us are going back home to our state.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I personally hope that a civil war doesn't break out, but if Texas secedes from the union, you better believe a LOT of us are going back home to our state.

Believe me if Texas secedes from the union, you would not get ANY complaint from me. No complaint at all. Course, then I would probably push harder for the US to control the boarders.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Believe me if Texas secedes from the union, you would not get ANY complaint from me. No complaint at all. Course, then I would probably push harder for the US to control the boarders.

Well at least we agree on something.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

if you honestly think that he will be re-elected then you have no stand on calling someone naive... unless its contaigous and you know who you have been in close contact with.

and if you think that it is impossible for obama to try to stay in power after not being re-elected because it has never happened before, you need to educate yourself on the things that he has done so far... that no president has ever tried in the history of the us.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Please, the old tired worn out conspiracy that every single president will become a dictator and stay in office after their term ends is just stupid. Every single time the conspiracy theorists have been wrong. They did it with Bush, they did it with Clinton, they did it with Bush Sr, Reagan, and probably further.

It's one of those things that until it happens, I don't believe it will happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

LOL!!!
You said 6 more years.
That is all I can say.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Please, the old tired worn out conspiracy that every single president will become a dictator and stay in office after their term ends is just stupid. Every single time the conspiracy theorists have been wrong. They did it with Bush, they did it with Clinton, they did it with Bush Sr, Reagan, and probably further.

It's one of those things that until it happens, I don't believe it will happen.

no i do not think it will happen, i am just stating that you argue that it will NOT happen because it never has, yet obama seems to be the president to bfall all other presidencies, by commiting crimes against the consitutioin, one after another, which have never been even attempted before.

so while it is not likely to happen, it is not safe to say it wont happen because it hasnt yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yep, I said it, 6 more years. Why? Because I don't think there is a Republican that can beat him. Frankly, I don't see the GOP as having any ideas at all. They certainly can't go into even the 2010 elections touting any accomplishments. They can't tell the people they have done anything for them. And from their website www.gop.gov... they don't have any solutions at all. So I don't see why anyone should vote for a Conservative candidate when they have no solutions to offer.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Really? Can you explain in detail what exactly he has done that is a crime against the constitution. Please, tell us in detail. Not just what you think is unconstitutional, but what he has done specifically that has violated the constitution. I would be really interested.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Totally aside from my earlier comment,
Republikan Demokrat you see only 2 parties.
There is another party coming up.
And still even you base your choice on the lesser of 2 evils?
You put up youtube videos of Barry's, ...Accomplishments?
War, socialized medicine, and His strong control of our borders?
I say thank you sir, as I am now much wiser than I was 5 minutes ago.
I know who you are.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Totally aside from my earlier comment,
Republikan Demokrat you see only 2 parties.
There is another party coming up.

What party would that be? The GOPTEA party?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was specifically answering questions posed by another poster.

I seriously doubt that the TPM will do anything. After all, they are just an arm of the GOP.

I don't see any other party that actually has a chance.

Until the American people in general stop voting for a party ticket and vote for real people into office, we will continue to be stuck with the two major parties, quite honestly, neither have very good solutions, but the GOP have no solutions at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Really? Can you explain in detail what exactly he has done that is a crime against the constitution. Please, tell us in detail. Not just what you think is unconstitutional, but what he has done specifically that has violated the constitution. I would be really interested.

i really dont have to look hard, can you say healthcare?

In an outrageous example of the abuse of near dictatorial power, the leader of the United States Senate, Harry Reid, forced a vote on nationalized health care. With total disregard for the will of the people and turning a blind eye to the United States Constitution, Reid sought passage for this bill by corrupting the legislative system.

"This process is not legislation. This process is corruption," said Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma, referring to the last-minute blitz of dirty deal making that enabled Obama to lock in the 60 votes needed to pass the bill.

The final hold out was Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson. But he hit the jackpot when they bought his yes vote, scoring $45 million to completely cover Nebraska’s Medicaid bill every year into the indefinite future.

Clearly this deal violates Article 1 Section 9 part 6 of the Constitution which says: “No preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one state over another…” and Article 4 Section 2 which says: “The Citizens of each state shall be entitled to all the Privileges and Immunities of the Citizens in the several states.”

Citizens of Nebraska will now have state medical bills, other states must pay, funded courtesy of the United States government (meaning you and me.) Nebraskans are clearly receiving a special privilege. According to this monstrosity, they are more equal than other Americans.

from here

Attorney General Bill McCollum says he and eight other states' attorneys general plan to file a lawsuit against the reform bill approved by Congress.

"The health care reform legislation passed by the U. S. House of Representatives this last night clearly violates the U.S. Constitution and infringes on each state's sovereignty," McCollum said in a release after the vote.

from here

i could leave it at that, or go into the bailout... we could see how many times that blew off constitutional protections of the people... but why waste my time with someone who wont listen.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

As for the first example, I believe the will of the people was heeded in the 2008 elections...what you see and hear now are the just squeeky-wheel losers.

To the second example, it's just politics being played by the minority party...drumming up some support from their fringe based TEA partiers, in some attempt to make their name known for the upcoming 2010 elections. Can you tell me how many of those politicians and attorney generals that filed the lawsuits are running for some sort of election? I can tell you right now Bill McCollum is running for governor. Shall we go on to disscuss how many other AG's who filed are trying for their bosses job this year?

Look beyond the rhetoric and you'll find that it's all baseless. Demonization of the other guys so they can keep their jobs or get a better one. They have no plans, no ideas...nothing but the attack on the democrats as their platform, "Vote for me because I'm not one them."

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

As for the first example, I believe the will of the people was heeded in the 2008 elections...what you see and hear now are the just squeeky-wheel losers.

To the second example, it's just politics being played by the minority party...drumming up some support from their fringe based TEA partiers, in some attempt to make their name known for the upcoming 2010 elections. Can you tell me how many of those politicians and attorney generals that filed the lawsuits are running for some sort of election? I can tell you right now Bill McCollum is running for governor. Shall we go on to disscuss how many other AG's who filed are trying for their bosses job this year?

Look beyond the rhetoric and you'll find that it's all baseless. Demonization of the other guys so they can keep their jobs or get a better one. They have no plans, no ideas...nothing but the attack on the democrats as their platform, "Vote for me because I'm not one them."

i owuld agree with you if the whole "im not one of them" was a failing platform, but it is actually working, and this is a direct implication that the people are not happy with current policy and legislation.

i agree that there are tons and tons of things that are being said out of spite with no basis in fact, but there are still some scary things out there.

take a look at the healthcare reform effects taking place in 2014. your medical history will not be as private as it has been, and your lifestyle itself will be a measure of your worth.

the bailout speaks for itself, and wether it was obama or people in power underneath him, he still helped to push it through, and no one wants to talk about his bribary for votes and using positional promises of jobs to get others to break the rules.

non partisan? i think not... transparency in government? laughable... he is certainly not the fist one to break promises, but he is definately the most destrctive to the economy so far.

thats how i see it anyway

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

What will happen in 2014 per NYDailyNews.com

- INDIVIDUAL MANDATE: Almost everyone will be required to get insurance or face a fine - $95 in 2014, $325 in 2015 and $695 in 2016 (with a maximum of $2,250 for a family). There is an exemption for low-income people.

- EMPLOYER MANDATE: Businesses with 50 or more employees must offer insurance or pay a $2,000-per-worker penalty.

- HEALTH CARE EXCHANGES: These new state-based marketplaces should be open for business, giving individuals and small businesses a place to shop for affordable insurance .

- SUBSIDIES: To help pay for insurance, the feds will offer subsidies to families making as much as $88,000 a year. Out-of-pocket spending will be tied to a person's income and kept as low as $1,000.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the 'less private' portion of your health history.

The only problem I have with HCR is that it mandated insurance without a public option.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Hey Monica, I think being under the Presidents desk is not a good idea.

Oh wait, its you whatukno...

You got a little somethin on your collar btw.

That is really uncalled for and extremely rude and sexist. Not to mention whatuknow is spot on with what he said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join