It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 VS Su-30...... who would win?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In my opinion niether would but what is your opinions ats?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
this will turn into a flamewar/my penis is bigger then yours argument.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The answer is easy: they both get shot down by SAMs.

Actually if I had to bet on a fighter in the current would it would be the Russian Berkut (S38 I think) although it's still in the testing phase it's got lots of potential. Other than that I'd go with the gen-5s that are on the drawing board at Saab and other makers in the EU.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City

Actually if I had to bet on a fighter in the current would it would be the Russian Berkut (S38 I think) although it's still in the testing phase it's got lots of potential. Other than that I'd go with the gen-5s that are on the drawing board at Saab and other makers in the EU.

~Astral

su-47 berkut was a testbed for russian next generation pack-fa stealth fighter which will take off in 2 years from now.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
not really if u think about it
but this should move 2 aircraft forums by the way
i have 2 say the F22 would win cause of the stelath vactor but the 2u-30 is a nice fighter i have 2 say

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
F-22 hands down the Berkut wont even see what hit it

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City

~Astral

Berkut is not a production fighter.

It is an experiment.

Russian governement said that Su-37 didnt fit their needs.

So Su will have another aircraft prototype by 2005-2006 and will be in producion by 2010 or so.

Also the F-22 would have a better advantage then the Su-30.

Su-30 is really a old Su-27 that was upgraded for export.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
F-22 hands down the Berkut wont even see what hit it

What?

Do you even know what is the Berkut?

Talk about ignorant!

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I know the Berkut is not a production fighter, which I do think was a mistake on the Russians part. I'm betting it had more to do with the costs of finnishing development and starting production of a new fighter line more than what "fit their needs." It's cheaper to keep improving upon the current lines of fighters than to start a new one.

Still I only said that it was the one that I would pick in a dogfight, I never said that it was production.

If I had to choose between the Su-30 and the F-22 I'd go with the Su-30 currently because, while the F-22 is stealthier, it still has too many software and hardware bugs to be effective as a fighter. The Su-30 is based upon a fully proven design and is one of the best fighters on earth.

Eventually I think that the F-22 will live up to expectations but it's not right now, and until some of the problems are solved the Su-30 is a better weapon.

WestPoint23, *sigh* I've read a few of your posts and well maybe you should do your homework before you start to talk. People respect you more that way.

Ah well,
~Astral

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Russian government said that they really dont like the forward swept wings on the Berkut so the Pak-Fa will be almost the same but with delta wings I think.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
probably the better pilot in the weather conditions and terrain at the time of the battle.....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
probably the better pilot in the weather conditions and terrain at the time of the battle.....

I think if F-22 cant get away and Su-30 catches it on radar then its over for F-22 because it is best from far and not dog fights.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
thats the whole point the Su-30 wont catch it on radar because it will be shot down before it knows the Raptor is there The raptor is made to have first look first shot first kill and F-22 has better tech.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

F-22 VS Su-30...... who would win?

Which ever one had a better pilot.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Right now, the SU-30 cuz the F-22 is still a bit buggered

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbnutz

No it isn't its the first squadron will be in completed in 2005.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by Numbnutz

No it isn't its the first squadron will be in completed in 2005.

Just because a squadron is near completion doesn't mean the F-22 can't be "buggered"

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
its not buggered care to provide some facts mabey a link were you got that from.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
it's silly,f-22 is better than any fighter in the world.with all his (f-22) super materials and electronics su-30 won't be a difficult enemy.

afterall the signature of russian berkut is not a SU-37 but SU-47 !!!!! (or S-37) !!!!!!!

russian!!! - you should know about it

The PAK FA will be a development of the Su-47 but without the forward swept wings.

russians wanted to use their "plasma stealth" technology but as I heard they weren't succesful and they still don't know how to apply this technology to the normal aircraft.Americans also tested this technology but without any great progress.So I suppose that even PAK-FA will be something in "EF class",mayby it will be a little bit better (or not,it's hard to say) but I suppose that even for pak-fa f-22 would be to difficult enemy.

Probably there will be no enemy for f-22 for a long time.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca
it's silly,f-22 is better than any fighter in the world.with all his (f-22) super materials and electronics su-30 won't be a difficult enemy.

afterall the signature of russian berkut is not a SU-37 but SU-47 !!!!! (or S-37) !!!!!!!

russian!!! - you should know about it

The PAK FA will be a development of the Su-47 but without the forward swept wings.

russians wanted to use their "plasma stealth" technology but as I heard they weren't succesful and they still don't know how to apply this technology to the normal aircraft.Americans also tested this technology but without any great progress.So I suppose that even PAK-FA will be something in "EF class",mayby it will be a little bit better (or not,it's hard to say) but I suppose that even for pak-fa f-22 would be to difficult enemy.

Probably there will be no enemy for f-22 for a long time.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by gattaca]

the EF was already outclassed even before it came out, the ef dont have anything on su-30+ series, and iv heard russia is fielding the plasma generators on the new su-34s, us will only have 200+- flying computer f22 anyway, this will dry the amer airforce down

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join