It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of all the lists I do not want to be on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There are a lot of lists. Some are factual, some seem a bit sensationalized. However, there are two new lists recently released that I am glad I do not find myself on.

Fallen: Iraq

Fallen: Afghanistan

Peace be with you, my fallen brothers and sisters in arms. May your sacrifice not be in vain and may your memory live forever.

View this as a tribute and a reminder. Agreement with circumstance does not equate to benevillance of duty. These are heros listed here and should be treated as such.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Seeing all the faces of the fallen is so sad. I think there should be electronic bilboards displaying these face 24/7 so people won't forget the sacrifices made by these brave men and women.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I do not approve of this war and all these lost lives. My sympathies go out to their families.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Most of these people arent even 30 years old if you go through and read each one.. A lot of them are even younger than me... Someone needs to force the president to go through and look at each one of these and think about how their family feels..

This war is BS

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Seeing all the faces of the fallen is so sad. I think there should be electronic bilboards displaying these face 24/7 so people won't forget the sacrifices made by these brave men and women.

Hear, hear, I would donate to build such a billboard! Bless the families.
Bless the loved ones.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Bad war...good people. Peace be with them and their families.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Come on, get real...these people signed up themselves. They signed up to go to a warzone, participate in war, hold rifles, control tanks, throw grenades and whatnot. Of course death is going to be part of the package.

Some sign up for the money, others sign up because they want to be honored as heroes. Some because they lack better choices but mostly all are influenced by the powers that be into believing the military serves the country. Most are tricked into believing the military is a force of good. How wrong some were to have had to pay with their lives.

Frankly speaking I thought the people who frequent this site had already thought this out a little, but obviously I was wrong or I could be making a wrong observation.

Try this:

Instead of calling them heroes and holding facade parades for the ones who are lucky enough to make it back...villify the military. Spit at the parades, call them lousy bastards, do what you can to keep YOUR LITTLE KIDS FROM GROWING UP TO BECOME CANNON FODDER.

Oh, and military apologists needn't bother with the patriotic bull. If even the slightest bit of that were to be true you would take darned good care of your veterans.

We're supposed to deny ignorance and not perpetuate it and enable the powers that be to have a supply of trigger happy younglings, ready to get blown up.

Use some common sense, maybe then we wouldn't need to grieve countless heroes' deaths and instead we could celebrate life while it lasts.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yes, signing up for a military that seems to be in a constant state of war means that you sign up to potentially die. There is no disputing that.
This is about honoring that sacrifice and honoring the memory of the ones that are brave enough to sign the contract. More people do not sign up than do in their lifetime.
You are also right that a lot of them sign up for the benefits that come from service. They dont want to go to some foreign country and fight in a war they may not believe in, but they do it anyway. Its a sense of duty and discipline and honor.

This electronic wall is as symbolic as the wall for those that never came back from Vietnam (another instance where your comments were the same comments that others had). It is a memorial.

You do not have to agree with the war. As an American citizen, you should at least honor the memory of the ones that gave their life in the line of duty.

There are memorials like this for police, fire, heck even the CIA has a memorial wall for spies that die in the line of duty. Its about honoring sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Come on, get real...these people signed up themselves. They signed up to go to a warzone, participate in war, hold rifles, control tanks, throw grenades and whatnot. Of course death is going to be part of the package.

Some sign up for the money, others sign up because they want to be honored as heroes. Some because they lack better choices but mostly all are influenced by the powers that be into believing the military serves the country. Most are tricked into believing the military is a force of good. How wrong some were to have had to pay with their lives.

Frankly speaking I thought the people who frequent this site had already thought this out a little, but obviously I was wrong or I could be making a wrong observation.

Try this:

Instead of calling them heroes and holding facade parades for the ones who are lucky enough to make it back...villify the military. Spit at the parades, call them lousy bastards, do what you can to keep YOUR LITTLE KIDS FROM GROWING UP TO BECOME CANNON FODDER.

Oh, and military apologists needn't bother with the patriotic bull. If even the slightest bit of that were to be true you would take darned good care of your veterans.

We're supposed to deny ignorance and not perpetuate it and enable the powers that be to have a supply of trigger happy younglings, ready to get blown up.

Use some common sense, maybe then we wouldn't need to grieve countless heroes' deaths and instead we could celebrate life while it lasts.

allthough this came across a bit harsh, i fully agree wuth you sir.
when has there ever come any good from solving violence with violence?
never!

and we as, humans, are still figuring this # out after countless wars, lost lives and pillaged villages.

WAR = NO GOOD, nor will it ever be good.

but exactly as you said, you deliberately chose to join the army.
you (unwillingly) made to the choice to become a potential murderer.

i don't see these people as hero's, i see them as unnecassary lives lost in the PTB chessgame.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
reply to post by Zamini

Yes, signing up for a military that seems to be in a constant state of war means that you sign up to potentially die. There is no disputing that.
This is about honoring that sacrifice and honoring the memory of the ones that are brave enough to sign the contract. More people do not sign up than do in their lifetime.
You are also right that a lot of them sign up for the benefits that come from service. They dont want to go to some foreign country and fight in a war they may not believe in, but they do it anyway. Its a sense of duty and discipline and honor.

This electronic wall is as symbolic as the wall for those that never came back from Vietnam (another instance where your comments were the same comments that others had). It is a memorial.

You do not have to agree with the war. As an American citizen, you should at least honor the memory of the ones that gave their life in the line of duty.

There are memorials like this for police, fire, heck even the CIA has a memorial wall for spies that die in the line of duty. Its about honoring sacrifice.

This post comes down to nothing but ignorance. You either didn't read what I wrote or you tactically skipped the point I was making.

Lets see your key argument here...honor, discipline and duty.

You're going to honor what? A contract you signed with an institution funded by a non-governmental organization? Now how can you say there's honor in that? Sure there's honor in jumping on a live grenade and saving your fellow soldiers...but that doesn't change the fact that the situation shouldn't be.

Discipline? Please...what you call discipline I call brainwashing. If the US army would teach soldiers discipline there wouldn't be so many suicides in the military, there wouldn't be so many alcoholics and junkie veterans. Yet there are...so tell me where their discipline went? Somewhere in the trashbin where you left your care for these people that you so deceivingly glorify?

Duty...well, I can't argue here. But then again, the nazi soldiers had a duty to Hitler. The Palestinian suicide bomber has a duty to his people. It's obvious the Colombian deathsquads are fulfilling their duty. So it's about that time to ask yourself: "What duty and why am I repeating army slogans?"

Sure these people can have a memorial, but what if we, in their memory, ceased to fight and kill and started getting rid of the violence that destroyed so many lives? Isn't that way better than a wall with names on it that only cost some dollars to make and the value it represents is not one that is needed these days...we have enough dead people to mourn.

Quit your condescending "if you're an american blah blah", you're sending kids into nightmare scenarios. Furthermore, if you were this American you claim you are you should be supporting your people foremost.

Sending them into a battlefield after a heavy dose of brainwashing is not in their advantage. Ever.

top topics

join