It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexism, Feminism, and The Draft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

So basicly, in order to be equal, i have to be prepared to kill someone for it? Thats the problem with primitive thinking.
Why should i:
A) Get drafted and trained to kill.
B) Kill another human being who has done nothing personal to me to warrant such a fight
C) "step up" When i give enough to society by working, paying tax, abiding the law etc.

Hmmm. Answers please.

You've missed the point. or not read the article.
The point is that YOU don't have to do any of that.

Only men do, as required by law.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Women don't have to sign up for the draft. Its completely sexist. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Rowe v. Wade that "my body, my choice" is a person's right. As long as we have a draft, that ruling is completely contradictory for men. People who argue women can't fight like men: just because women are drafted doesn't mean they have to serve in combat, plenty of women volunteered in WWII to be nurses, typists, and things of the sort although I must say that is an inequality for women. They can't fight in combat. The government obviously needs to modernize our laws. Also, what about our right to life? I don't find it very nice to force me to go overseas and die for a war I may not agree with and suffer harsh penalties if I refuse. Women would get away unscathed. The times have changed. Write it down, Congress.

If you'd like to help with this issue, please join my group on facebook: www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Againsthedraft

ain't no men been drafted since the vietnam war, and there are women serving in areas of combat now....
and there is a law that circulates through washington every once in awhile that tries to bring back the draft...with a twist....that would make every young person serve, in one way or another....

think you're fighting a battle that doesn't exist???

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I for one would hate to see women drafted.

Not because women are weaker than men, but because men have a "hard wired" flaw.

In combat each man in a team has a responsibility for another man in a team. "Battle-buddies" as the term goes. The issue men have is that we always want to protect women and children. When you throw a woman into an infantry squad you have nine guys that will look out for the female. Hence they will not be looking out for thier buddy.

Is it fair? NO
Does it make sense? NO
Is t real? YES

Better days,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join