It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina UFO - Need some help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just joined up because of what happened earlier tonight. A strong storm system rolled through the Raleigh/Durham area of NC tonight and wiped out power in parts of Durham for about two hours. Within minutes of the power being turned back on, we saw a bright orange light slowly emerge from horizon of the woods and travel over our neighborhood. It was making no sound and as soon as it hit a certain height in the sky immediately started to move faster. Within a minute the orange light had become smaller, flashed twice and disappeared.

I was wondering if you have any insight into what this could be. There have been numerous reported sightings of orange balls just light this, sometimes during storm systems and sometimes during meteor showers.

We tried taking the best pictures we could. Our neighbors saw the same thing and were visibly distraught. Since I am new I am unable to load the pictures. There was no visible tail coming from the light. When we magnified the pictures we saw something very interesting. It looked like there was one orange light and two red lights under it. However that could have been the movement of the camera.

Thanks for the help!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Very interesting. Tell me, did it appear to have any strobe like flashes on the side? And was the orange light you described pulsating or flashing in anyway or a steady burn?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaIV

Make a report with MUFON and upload the picture to them. Then copy the link and paste it in the thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
www.mufoncms.com...

here is the picture. It is the best we could do. To get a gauge on the size, it was the equivalent of the size of a silver dollar being held up into the sky.

new topics

top topics

join