It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 1/2 Days Worth of Saudi Arabia's Production leaked into Gulf.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There are 42 Gallons of Oil in a Barrel.

183,000,000 Gallons Leaked into Gulf.

4,380,952 Barrels of Oil Leaked in the 4 month incident.

Saudi Produces Saudi Arabia 10.9 M b/d

The numbers are staggering, not to reflect how minimal the leak, but how much oil we use a day

Just a fraction of what we use a day could end up killing entire ecosystems forever.

EDIT TO ADD: Breaking News, Scientist Detect leaking oil in another spot of valve.

AAC

[edit on 18-7-2010 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
what can i say?

other than :shk:

we are something like #14 on the list of estimated oil reserves in the world but #1 on the list of oil consumption.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
4,380,952 Barrels of Oil Leaked in the 4 month incident.

That's insane. Most of the things we do to this planet are unforgivable.

Unless we can completely overcome our own behaviors. Ruthlessly discard our way of life and move on. I doubt that don't you? But we can hope.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Americans burn about 20,000 barrels of oil per day.

thats means all that crap is being released into the air, land, and water every day.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I am waiting for the spaceships to come knock some sense into us, or knock us out.

AAC

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i think they are waiting for us to figure this out and then make the necessary changes, or at least begin a sincere and concentrated effort TOWARD change, before they come and help.

i don't think they want to rule.
they just want to help.

we are supposed to learn to rule ourselves - and not in the present way things are run, by those who would be overlords in every feudal sense of the word, but rather in the sense of self-governance.

if we could each rule our own self we would not feel the need, generally speaking, to rule the selves of others.

but until we are given the chance to show that we are ready for such a thing, which i see as the logical next step in our collective spiritual evolution, we can't demonstrate to ourselves just how orderly true anarchy can be. in the meantime, our burgeoning individual sovereignty becomes more and more of an obstacle in the way of the overlord's vision of the future and the reaction is just more and more legislation and micro-management of every aspect of life. this would eventually render all common citizens criminals if it carried out to its further-est possible end.

i personally don't think that kind of method for control could ever succeed since it is 100% opposed to the immutable law of the universe, called "free will." it can only self destruct at some point in its development, and i think that there are signs all over that indicate such an extermination is nearer and nearer. but i have no conception of how that might come to be or what the consequences would be in terms of the world.

maybe instead of "anarchy" meaning no government, a new word could be "auto-archy" meaning self-government!

it seems that now IS our chance - and we won't be given anything easily or freely. not many thieves willingly return to the rightful owner(s) that which they have stolen. by the same token, it doesn't gain anything to seize one's own possessions from the hands of another through aggression and violence. it may return the owned thing to the owner for a brief while but aggression only fuels more aggression in the average human soul - first starting in the mind but if unchecked, and especially if fed, it is only a matter of time before the aggression manifests as violence through physical means, whether it be personal or technological.

sometimes it IS necessary to fight fire with fire but when we are talking about our own home, Earth, it is prudent to find other means to extinguish the fire because unless interrupted, all fire will burn until all fuel within reach is consumed!

if we have guardians and friends looking on us from the heavens, then they are our advocates. they are rooting for the human race to succeed and overcome it's inherent short-comings, turning them into lessons that create collective wisdom and maturity. i'm thinking that "they" already have passed these mile-markers and have achieved that which we are destined to also achieve.

to interfere with that process, even if it seems helpful, is not wisdom or maturity, and so they aren't going to do our thinking and learning for us.

i personally feel certain that it is only because of their intervention in the functionality of armaments of the world's armies that we have not already blown ourselves into kingdom come with a nuclear holocaust so terrible it cannot even be imagined (and thank GOD it is beyond our conception for the same reason - prevention).

disarming the triggers and detonation devices of our weapons of mass destruction is not interfering with our growth but it does keep us in the classroom.

the Prime Directive is not solely an idea of science fiction or of earthly imagination, imo.

new topics

top topics

join