It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil now leaking "a distance from the well" ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
Why does it always come down to placing blame? We as a world need to be working TOGETHER to resolve this situation, clean it up, and MAKE SURE IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

This doesn't involve placing blame. It does involve radical reform for the drilling industry. It involves moving towards green living as a race. It involves standing TOGETHER against those who would subvert truth for capital gain and disregard nature and humanity.

/rant

Well mighty america has already turned down free help from 17 nations already on 21 different occasions. Im starting to think the US government actually likes what has been happening and is in bed with BP....

Which is exactly why before we lose all rights Americans should class action against them. Please tell me in the history of companies on this our great green planet, has a company admitted wrong, came clean, made real restitution and corrected their own crimes? Really who? Name one?
Sorry but they need to be held to the flame of the fire long and hard or they will do it again. You know, I wish that the world and all it's people would have all these warm and fuzzy thoughts such as yours - but reality bites and if you think for one darn minute that BP is gonna regulate themselves, then please come to Florida Everglades - lots of land to sell ya!
And yes the so called government watchdog regulators were outed in the media as being in bed with the oil companies. Now the American public should push as hard as possible to get these violators and class action law suit is the best proven method. I'm sure if the name was Haliberton, you would find it more palatable, but such is not the case. Either we are going to do something about these abusers or we are not and you are going to stop complaining and take it. Make up your mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

First: I said what I said because too many time ATSer's have been put on the spot by not only coattail riders like you, but govt internet silencers who basically say that any thought provoking chat is treason. So not only to ATS but to everyone on the internet who has the right to speak their peace "RIGHT ON!!!!" Has nothing to do with prophecy because seeing what's going on and questioning it is what we are supposed to do. So don't hate, especially since your only participation is to be a nay sayer.
Also you have missed many post on ATS about ground seepage long before your precious government told you "Oh, hmm, there may still be some leaking". Sorry we don't have to wait for a Public Service Announcement to tell us what common sense already told the majority of people here. You keep waiting for the PSA on this one and please, send the link and let us know when you get it!
But in all seriousness, it's great to have you on board as well, regardless of derailments.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well the game plan was not followed with capping the leak for a number of hours and then releasing the cap, then closing the cap, then releasing to measure pressures.

Once they tightened that cap down, they haven't released it again...and I think I know why.

I believe the well casing is damaged. I believe that it is seeping a ways down bore.

Building on that premise, once they capped the well last week, all of the pressure was then diverted to the damaged/seeping area and now they are afraid to remove the cap and show that the leak is significantly diminished at the well head. Meaning now all of the primary pressure has self diverted through alternate means and now the well head is more work for the oil stream to vent, than simply going through the damaged portion somewhere down bore. Which would CONFIRM that the well has now been diverted through the damaged part down bore and into the sea floor thus making BP responsible.

But as long as BP never opens that well cap again...no one can prove that through testing and capping they made the down bore casing damage and seep diversion permanent and the oil will now be leaking through other areas of the sea floor.

Did that made sense to anyone?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XKrossX

That made sense and you have pretty much hit the nail on the head. They(BP) were concerned way before now. With the top kill failure they had already suspected the casing having problems and with this capping they may have had their questions being answered on the well casing. I wonder if BP may have gotten into a tougher spot with this well capping. Are they seeing things happening that they had a suspicion of but now their suspicions are becoming reality and more problems are coming out and now they have to figure out an answer to which they do not have.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It reminds me those cartoons where there's a hole in a dam and it gets plugged with a finger but then all these other holes starting opening up to where all fingers and toes are plugging the holes until there is no more fingers and toes..then the dam breaks.

And using the term seep is just another word for leak,it just sounds smaller.

I don't think plugging the leaks will work in this situation.It will only cause more pressure and blow the cap off.

What they need to do is find out if the ocean floor is cracking and fix those cracks before they become leaks.

I don't believe this one to be a conspiracy though.Why would they purposely ruin the ocean?For what purpose?

Just imagine what would happen if the sea floor cracked in so many places that it just opened up.There would be NO stopping the oil.

I also heard that they either are or might be on the verge of declaring an emergency.

The only way is to redirect the oil.Not plugging it.That will only add more pressure on the inside which would cause more pressure and blow the cap off.Or cause more cracks.They need to redirect the oil.Or to somehow suck the leaking oil up.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Did someone just compare the oil disaster with a soda bottle and mentos? (Facepalm)

I really don't see why you guys are coming to the conclusion that if the top hat is to tight that the pressure will not hold beneath it, it held the pressure for millions of years before the virus know as mankind started screwing stuff and drilling under the ocean, what I am not understanding is why in the world wernt they prepared to handle a underwater oil leak before a leak spung up? This should be the question everyone at ATS should be asking instead of questions like who should pay for it? And who's more responsible? This world is filled with so much evil and greed that I can't even imagine how much longer this planet can keep us safe, we are destroying everything fairly quickly, man was not ment to mess with oil underneath the ocean or create nukes. We are not mature enough to mess with these kind of things.

Expect to see a lot of UFOs in the coming years, they are not happy with us and they are coming to eliminate us, we are faliures as a race.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Blame it all on America the evilest nation on this planet.

I am American BTW

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackstar791

It's because man has been drilling into the earth for so many years that are making people worry..And the fact we have a major disaster because of it.

I mean,that oil must be there for a reason.Thousands of holes being drilled into the earth can't be good for the earth now can it?

Seafood stock might collapse because of it.That would be a huge blow to the economy too.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"Leaking" and "seepage" is minimizing weasel words in this case.

What it means that there is a FRACTURE from the wellbore 18,000 feet below the ocean floor, that extends for upto a mile away and then that fracture comes back up to the ocean floor again. And there may be more than one of them.

When you see "leak" and "seepage" realize someone is trying to handle your visual representation of what this means.

They are trying to make it seem like a leaky faucet in your bathroom.

Instead of a FRACTURE in the EARTH CRUST that is at least about 5280 feet long and 18,000 feet deep.

[edit on 2010/7/19 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

You should all do some research. Why do you think thousands of wells have been drilled in the Gulf? Could it be because there is so much oil under there that it oozes out of the seabed all by itself?? As it also does off the California coast?? Wake up people, this blowout was planned as a way to convince people to bring in the Carbon Taxes that Goldman Sachs et al need to form the basis of their next great derivatives swindle. There is nothing wrong with the well casing, oil is not spreading from the wellhead for miles around, the seafloor is not going to collapse. Fearmongering-for-profit is all this sham is, and they don't care if they wreck the lives of thousands and foul the Gulf for years to do it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh, and another thing for you to contemplate.

They are drilling two relief wells.

The well has FRACTURED at least one of it own "relief" wells.

The pressures and spilling you saw is AFTER the fracture was already relieving pressure from the wellbore.

Which reminds me.....cement AROUND the Wellbore you dolts.

You need to cut the thing off from its source and the wellbore is #ED.

You pump mud into it to "control" it? You guys have a way to control mutliple fractures that extend 5280 feet + 18,000 feet and come up to the surface? What sort of miracle mud is this?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Planned?

Probably not.

Someone seeing an opportunity to use this as a way to advance an existing agenda - likely.

[edit on 2010/7/19 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
not a day goes by where i don't feel shocked at the atrocity's being committed.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It is miracle mud. Either a miracle or simple petro-physics and geology.

Google "Lost Circulation Material". "mud" isn't dirt. "mud" is actually drilling fluid which you put LCM into; in order to stop leaks or seepage through cracks or fractures in the wellbore. Add enough LCM and you can plug off pretty much anything. Squeeze cement in at a high pressure and it'll plug off into any crack or fracture, stopping the leaks and seepage. I'm not even guessing when I say they will use tons and tons of LCM to plug every crack and fracture.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackstar791
the evilest nation on this plane

Is not above ground, UM JUST SAYEN

2ND

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

The authorities demanding that BP let them aware if there are other leaks is pretty much a bad joke.

The authorities should supervise and search for other leaks and demand that BP get them fixed.

The way they said in article I just read they sound like "BP said they would inform us if they find other leaks. If they don't it's ok because e really don't care".

This whole thing is huge bad joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyvfd
reply to post by Aeons

It is miracle mud. Either a miracle or simple petro-physics and geology.

Google "Lost Circulation Material". "mud" isn't dirt. "mud" is actually drilling fluid which you put LCM into; in order to stop leaks or seepage through cracks or fractures in the wellbore. Add enough LCM and you can plug off pretty much anything. Squeeze cement in at a high pressure and it'll plug off into any crack or fracture, stopping the leaks and seepage. I'm not even guessing when I say they will use tons and tons of LCM to plug every crack and fracture.

I'm aware.

When you have ONE wellbore opening it can be a challenge to get mud control when you are losing your "mud" to the formation.

When you have TWO or more openings to the surface and you don't control some of them - please explain to me how exactly you intend to pump enough mud into that system to gain some control of it?

They can't get enough control of it to pump plugs of cement to shore up your lost circulation. That's already proven.

So, give me one example of a wellbore ANYWHERE that they've done this with with ONE well with THREE wellbore heads, and at least one uncontrolled fracture to the surface. That's a well with 4 heads - at least.

Tell me how they can pump enough mud down hole to control this Hydra. Please. I'd like to hear this miracle.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i read on yahoo news this AM that the Fed and BP have SEEN not only the oil coming from the ocean floor but also a methane bubble developing. Im trying to find the article but it seems to be gone. I PROMISE IT WAS THERE. as soon as i find it i will post the link. This coming from MSM is making me really wonder what is going on down there.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
reply to post by Blazer

You should all do some research. Why do you think thousands of wells have been drilled in the Gulf? Could it be because there is so much oil under there that it oozes out of the seabed all by itself?? As it also does off the California coast?? Wake up people, this blowout was planned as a way to convince people to bring in the Carbon Taxes that Goldman Sachs et al need to form the basis of their next great derivatives swindle. There is nothing wrong with the well casing, oil is not spreading from the wellhead for miles around, the seafloor is not going to collapse. Fearmongering-for-profit is all this sham is, and they don't care if they wreck the lives of thousands and foul the Gulf for years to do it.

Just a couple of links I meant to post...

A little info on oil seeps:

www.whoi.edu...

Asphalt Volcanos:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templar646
i read on yahoo news this AM that the Fed and BP have SEEN not only the oil coming from the ocean floor but also a methane bubble developing. Im trying to find the article but it seems to be gone. I PROMISE IT WAS THERE. as soon as i find it i will post the link. This coming from MSM is making me really wonder what is going on down there.

There are quite a few interesting tid bits that only show up once before they disappear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join