It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil now leaking "a distance from the well" ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

i'm sorry but us Americans aren't the only ones that still use oil. little hypocritical on your part to lay the blame solely on the American people don't you think.

yes we Americans wanted BP to cap the well but you know what we wanted them to do it PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!! NOT in a way that protects their bottom line and hides the truth about just how much oil has been leaked into the GULF BY A COMPANY THAT IS MOSTLY BRITISH OWNED!!!!!!!!!

And yes we support deep water drilling when its done safely Something that BP obviously knows nothing about. their safety record for the last 10 years sure does speak for itself.

maybe you can afford more taxes but i know i sure the hell can't! i pay enough in taxes now as it is and am doing it with less and less money! so i tell you what since you think taxing people to death is the right way to go. you pay my taxes for me so i can put food on the table for my family and maybe one day i will be able to afford a prius so i don't use oil anymore.... and not that i'm lazy or anything but riding a bike in this heat and high humidity is a hazard to my health so i'll just keep driving my gas burning car!

and NO we Americans don't need politicians and the MSN to tell us what we want most of us actually knows what we want and how we want it done better than you, the politicians, the MSN do.

and just to let you know its not a fossil fuel if it wasn't created by the decay of dead animals. and since we are drilling for oil alot deeper than where the fossiles are care to explain how it could be made from fossils, also while your at it care to explain how some wells that were dry now have oil in them again?

and don't get me started on that hoax Global warming.. if the earth is truly getting warmer care to explain why we had record setting cold this winter in my part of the world?

edit: also care to explain what its called man made global warming when the scientific evidence shows that the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles? yeah didn't think you could since the man made global warming believers just ignore scientific evidence that goes against their agenda.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
That thing will be leaking for years... also the majority of the American population could not care what happens... I feel sorry for those that do. (the minority)

I have to say that ATS has once again come up trumps with the facts... although there has been a lot of crap as well regarding this topic

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
Cap a Leak and Trade for a New Leak
Sounds like that Cap and Trade Bill
Now I understand.

Aww, c'mon man, I just got up, now my heads all exploded and stuff.

At least we had 1 weekend of relative "relief" from this disaster, I suppose now it's back to the grindstone....Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Soleprobe

Feel free to do so if you want.............

Maybe scripted but then, Hey that Was Palin's way wasn't it ?? scripted retohric to appease the masses who saw nothing but a Red or Blue party divide.!!

Your original shot at 'Come Clean' suggested that a change will 'HURT' the poor and middle class American Population - Do you know what..... IT WILL...

World change and dependance WILL ALSO HURT other nations too, including my own BUT I accept that 'without' change then we will be forever in a downward spiral well after my generation and the next......

YOUR problem, as I said before is that the Aerican Religion, your GOD is the Dollar - SORT THAT OUT and you might find a global solution !!

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I knew I was onto to something with my 'fine avoidance' theory. I plan to start a thread on this facet later today..

Rep. Ed Markey, who has been a vocal critic of BP's response to the gusher, said Sunday that the company could have another motivation for wanting to keep the well capped. "If the well remains fully shut in until the relief well is completed, we may never have a fully accurate determination of the flow rate from this well. If so, BP -- which has consistently underestimated the flow rate -- might evade billions of dollars of fines," Markey said in a letter to Allen released Sunday.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by Come Clean
Yet, you guys still support deep water drilling. Yet you guys still don't support agressive measures (taxes) to get us off fossil fuels.

Taxes? you mean carbon taxes... Cap n' Trade? And shut down drilling? Wow ... that should help America right now. More taxes and less jobs... Of course it's good for global warming... a nice colder planet... just what the Americans need when they're sleeping out in the streets.... Why don't you run for office? That's if you're an American.

If you would do some looking around you would see that developing alternatives to fossil fuels and greener energy would lead to far more jobs being created. When new tech is developed new jobs are always created. The world can get off oil within ten years if it wanted to but people listen to the bs put out by the oil companies.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
GULF BY A COMPANY THAT IS MOSTLY BRITISH OWNED!!!!!!!!!

Who Owns BP? Biggest Shareholder is JPMorgan Chase
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Who Owns BP? Biggest Shareholder is JPMorgan Chase

In the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, BP’s stock value has plummeted, prompting news stories identifying the company’s largest investors. Oddly enough, some media outlets have failed to identify the largest BP shareholder: The U.S. Investment firm JPMorgan Chase.

According to the European financial database Amadeus, JPMorgan Chase is the No. 1 holder of stock in BP. That distinction also has earned the Wall Street bank the title of “Global Ultimate Owner” of the oil giant, as it owns 28.34% of BP. Next, at 7.99%, is Legal and General Group, a British-based financial services company with assets of more than $350 billion. Another U.S. Investment firm, BlackRock Inc., owns 7.1% of BP. Other owners include the governments of Kuwait, Norway, Singapore and China.
Noel Brinkerhoff, David Wallechinsky

Just for reference....

I also have a far larger American workforce than British as well.....

Sleep Tight ..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

[edit on 19-7-2010 by PurpleDog UK]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i read the other day that oil balls are washing up in miami. if this is true that means it is coming up the east coast. can anyone verify this?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sadly if the well blows out and leaks elsewhere, it works somewhat in BP's favor, as they have to pay a fine for any *measured output* that leaks from the well. So, oil that comes out of the seafloor and elsewhere that cannot be accurately measured is oil that they don't have to pay fines for. :\

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Allen, in a letter to BP Chief Managing Director Bob Dudley, directs BP to provide a written procedure for restarting flow from the well if oil seepage near the wellhead is confirmed.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Blazer]

To reopen the supposed original leak that is being shown live capped now in order to relieve pressure on the gulf floor leaks (LEAKS) doesnt make since, because even after opening the original again the new leaks are goning to still leak its not like they are going to just stop leaking that simple just because the original is repressurized... The new exit points are open in the Earth now so opening the original, I dont see it helping I only see it minipulating the pressure possibly making new leaks from up and down pressure on the oil....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
I would think that BP is trying to force the goverments hand in this.

Suttles' comments carved out an important piece of turf for BP: If Allen sticks with the containment plan and oil again pours forth into the Gulf, even briefly, it will be the government's doing, not BP's.

Exactly. At this point, they can try and claim they've 'fixed' it.

And then scramble the partisans to claim Obama wants oil pouring into the Gulf if the Govt doesnt, you know, want the sea floor to collapse.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Does anyone have a 'fix' on the number of barrels lost / leaked into the GoM?

I was told that BP are liable for each barrel leaked and therefore based on 85 days at 80,000 barrels per day and a fine of $4300 per barrel that should be ....
$29,240,000,000 as a fine currently....... am I right here ??

If they cannot quanitify what's being lost via the seabed then their fine will not get bigger ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

But if pressure isnt released, those pressure-points will potentially open even further.

It looks like the BP will get to capture that oil after all, when its all said and done.

OF course, we can still put them under temporary receivership and and take the profits to pay for the cleanup.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Does anyone have a 'fix' on the number of barrels lost / leaked into the GoM?

I was told that BP are liable for each barrel leaked and therefore based on 85 days at 80,000 barrels per day and a fine of $4300 per barrel that should be ....
$29,240,000,000 as a fine currently....... am I right here ??

If they cannot quanitify what's being lost via the seabed then their fine will not get bigger ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

It has been postulated that thatis why BP[ doesnt want to remove the cap, and is one of the reasons why the Govt does want them to remove it; to get a more accurate measure of the outflow to properly fine and tax BP.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by Come Clean

i'm sorry but us Americans aren't the only ones that still use oil. little hypocritical on your part to lay the blame solely on the American people don't you think.

yes we Americans wanted BP to cap the well but you know what we wanted them to do it PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!! NOT in a way that protects their bottom line and hides the truth about just how much oil has been leaked into the GULF BY A COMPANY THAT IS MOSTLY BRITISH OWNED!!!!!!!!!

Well, we do use more than just about every other country, with the possible exception of China. And per capita, we use the most.

also, BP is 39% US 40% brit-owned, bold font or no.

also, also, taxes dont cost people jobs. companies outsourcing to avoid paying their fair share cost people jobs.

why do you hate america?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So, what's all the fuzz about?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A week old but good info. I believe it has been here for a while. I am a dock master on the Space Coast and many boats coming back from fishing the bahamas and the lower keys said they all seen oil filled weed lines while out in the gulfstream and beyond. Scary, but might as well get it over with and stop sugar coating this damn thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

It's not a case of hating America...... It's the double standards and hypocrasey that abounds...... Sometimes comments made here are recieved as direct 'hit's' on people or countries......... I think you'll agree most people respond by agression, it's what most humans do !!

In relation to ownership of BP then it's fair to say that the US / UK has a virtually equal proportion of the company............... the difference comes in the sheer numbers employed by BP in the USA vs UK. If you explore those figures then it becomes clearer that the USA is more dependant on BP than any other nation..... I think that's why your President O has stopped using 'British' in BP...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I think that's why your President O has stopped using 'British' in BP...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

BP has called themselves BP for far longer than the current Pres has been in office.

but we are prob. both off topic.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

It's like an old bicycle tyre, you patch one hole then you got
another leak and so on and so on....

The genie is out of the Bottle, all you gotta do is put the Genie
back in the Bottle. How hard can it be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join