It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unhealthy Virus Free Lifestyle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello,

I wanted to share with you a story about my unhealthy life in the last few years.

About 4 years ago i was an obese, 9-5 worker, going out after work, drinking alot, and started smoking again. I used to get sick like everyone else
Then about 3 years ago I started doing shift work and going to a boot camp and went into a real fitness phase for about 6 months or so. I lost ALOT of weight, ate healthy, quit smoking, hardly drank alcohol at all. I still got sick a little bit during this time.

Then about 2.5 years ago i went into a bit more deeper depression, quit boot camp and exercising, and started drinking again, smoking cigarettes again, drinking energy drinks, at least 2 full cans of 500ml energy drinks like "Mother", "Monster", etc, Eating lots of packs of chips like salt and vinegar. So you know. Really really unhealthy. I gained back most of my weight if not more.

However i've noticed something.

Everyone around me is getting sick all the time, spreading their virus' amongst each other, their colds, and flu's, spluttering and coughing.

I on the other hand havn't been sick for the last 2.5 years. It's been amazing to watch everyone getting other people sick, and watching these viruses spread, and watch everyone else fall sick like a big domino effect. But me? Nothing. Not so much as a sick day off (well one but that was a "mental health" day for me as i just didn't feel like going to work that day).

I've even joking about it to my colleages and they just say "yeah, you're bodies so unhealthy that even a virus that lands on it dies instantly and cant get a foothold".

To be honest i think it may have something to do with the large amounts of energy drinks i consume, and the amount of salt and vinegar too. Sometimes i'll feel like salt and vinegar chips, but buy a salt "original" packet, and get a bwol with some vinegar in it and dip the chips in that. And well the energy drinks stand on thier own merits...? "Taurine, Ginseng, Guarana, B Vitamins"...

Do you think my not getting sick could be due to those two factors?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
1 theory is that the cold and flu viruses that we each get now and then help us to build an immunity to more virulent strains.

another theory is, from eating and drinking such #, your body is too busy helping your organs work properly that it's defenses are in full attack mode in fear that any outside illness would result in your demise.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My guess would be that, due to your depression, you spend more time alone and less time in social situations where you'd come in contact with diseases.

I think people also find that, to a point, as they get older they've encountered a lot of the common diseases that are out there and have developed an immunity.

Maybe you're washing your hands more? Using all those hand sanitizers that are so popular these days? Something else?

It could also just be a coincidence.

I just find it hard to believe that eating chips and drinking energy drinks are the secret to good health. If they were, then Pringles/Doritos/Coke/etc. would be advertising the heck out of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I used to smoke, drink everything other than water and found the same to be true as you have described.

My theory was that my body was so unhealthy that nothing could live inside me.

Now after a few years of that I had to ask myself if this was a good strategy.

Since I have learned quite a bit about tonics and healthy living so that I am not killing myself to avoid getting sick.

top topics

join