It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about post dates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was using the search function on ATS to look at some of the older threads started about the Gulf Oil Spill. It seems that I cannot really remember being told about it by any one, seeing it on the news, or reading about it here. So I wanted to see the oldest thread started here to kind of jog the memory.
Well I searched using the ATS search function and some of the posts came up dated February. How is that possible? Did someone make a mistake?

Here are a few links to threads with inconsistent dates:
-this one says it was started on 4-5-2010
www.abovetopsecret.com...
-this one was sarted 2-5-2010

I did consider that the person in charge of these threads may not live in America and therefore may have turned the month and day around, but on the search page it says Feb 5th was the last post.
Here is link to that, it is the sixth one down...

So whats the deal?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think you're just confused

First link...
posted on 5/4/2010 @ 01:46 PM

Second link...
posted on 5/2/2010 @ 01:02 AM

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Then why did it say last post feb 5th? Last link, 6th one down.

And it says 4-5 and 2-5 not 5-4 and 5-2

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mutantgenius]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

i got the same dates.

gotta agree with the first reply, you may have just read it hastily.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius

Then why did it say last post feb 5th? Last link, 6th one down.

just looked at that one as well, says june 18th for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Aren't all the post dates on the European system? (The logical one, starting from the smallest time-unit and working upwards)

As for "last post" on the Search function- in practice, this often means the last post on the first page, ot the particular page which has turned up on search. Look at the thread itself, you often find later pages with later posts.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yeah but how could the last post have been feb 5, or any post on that thread for that matter if the event occurred in April?

The Scale of the Deepwater Disaster, page 120 posts - 12 authors - Last post: Feb 5
The Deepwater Horizon oil spill on April 22, 2010 may become nothing less than profound. While its impact to the environment seems assured, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread567120/pg1

I have copied and pasted what I see when I click the link, it clearly says feb 5

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yeah but how could the last post have been feb 5, or any post on that thread for that matter if the event occurred in April?

The Scale of the Deepwater Disaster, page 120 posts - 12 authors - Last post: Feb 5
The Deepwater Horizon oil spill on April 22, 2010 may become nothing less than profound. While its impact to the environment seems assured, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread567120/pg1

I have copied and pasted what I see when I click the link, it clearly says feb 5

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Forgive me, you're right.
I was jumping to conclusions.
Perhaps that "Feb 5th" date was input manually, by someone who misread 2-5-10 as an American-style date?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
all dates are DAY/MONTH/YEAR..

so 2/5/10 would be May 2nd 2010..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think overally the search feature is buggy.

I search for threads I made, using terms found in the OP or title and the thread will be on the 4th search page after tons of unrelated garbage.

The actual thread dates are the ones I posted above, the Feb. 5th date is in the "preview" of the search page, a likely product of a glitchy search system.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thats what I was thinking. I have to admit it feraked me out for a minute lol! Also what is confusing is I grew up on the day-month-year thing and then had to get used to month-day-year that we use in the US, so sometimes I have to overthink it when looking at a date. What got me was how it said feb 5, written not numbered. So I figured they must have used the US way but looking at the posts here it is not the US way, Day comes first.

PHEW!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If you simply look at the date system on the original post, you will see that it is a Euro style date system. 2-5-2010 is 2nd day, 5th month, 2010.
If there is an entry in a post that states otherwise, they are just reading it wrong. Look at the date of your original post here. There is not an 18th month.

Just ribbing ya.

It got me too when I first joined this site.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have noticed the same thing many many times but never as graphically as a February post for an April event. That doesn't make any sense at all and is clearly inhibiting for someone wanting to post and dialogue on a current thread.

top topics

join