It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"American Family Association: Stone To Death Killer Whale Who Killed Trainer "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

American Family Association: Stone To Death Killer Whale Who Killed Trainer

The American Family Association, a religious right group, is urging that Tillikum (Tilly), the killer whale that killed a trainer at SeaWorld Orlando, be put down, preferably by stoning. Citing Tilly's history of violent altercations, the group is slamming SeaWorld for not listening to Scripture in how to deal with the animal:
Story

I am just about speechless. What is going on in people's heads that they would even take the time to think about this? Was this whale a Christian whale? Why does anyone believe they have the right to punish anyone or anything else according to their religion? Would the Family Association be ok with Sharia law being imposed on their pets? I just do not understand why, with all there is to worry about today, anyone could even begin to think this sounds ok; let alone find likeminded folks enough to promote the idea.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

What a laugh. I recommend that their holy leaders stone the whale in his own environment after he hasn't eaten for a few days. This would be a simultaneous solution to whale hunger and concentrated stupidity. I hope the whale doesn't suffer from indigestion.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is this a joke? Some sort of ironic statement? I hope someone sets this whale free to get him (or her) even further away from idiot humans who captured and tortured him to begin with and the now even bigger idiot humans like these wanna-be stoners who can't seem to see what was wrong with that picture to begin with. FREE TILLY!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Whales were never meant to be our pets anyway. They take a whale out of it's environment, away from it's pod. They put it in a too small enclosure with other whales it doesn't know. No wonder it went crazy. I think I remember reading that this whale was not treated very well by the others either. It is like putting a person in jail with cellmates that don't get along and then expecting a fight won't break out.

I don't think the whale deserves to die. Maybe it can't be freed either. Maybe it would not survive. I don't know. The best that can happen is either it gets put into a pool by itself or it is humanely euthanized. There is no reason that it should be in pain and in fear as it dies. They could retire the whale and not make it perform and just let it be alone.

Also AFA doesn't speak for all Christians.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by jessieg]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Stone. A Whale. IN WATER. And people wonder why I have it in for religion, particularly Christianity. It's what I got skewered with, but I digress.

BTW..... The blasted book deals WITH DOMESTICATED BEASTS OF BURDEN. not animals that have been captured from the wild, or born in captivity and used for entertainment.

Idiots. Someone sic some Muslims extremists on them, huh?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

How sad and utterly ridiculous this group is. And it sounds like one of the better known fundamentalist organizations? Nowadays any group or individual can call themselves something with "Family" in the title and get some religious support (Charles Manson must be proud). I think some of these are phoney organizations set up to discredit religion (at least I'd like to think so).
In a wider context however, I recall reading that animals were tried in courts up to the late Middle Ages, and they could face the same punishments as humans if found guilty.
The verse taken literally still wouldn't apply to the whale - unlike the ox it is not a domestic animal. But, hasn't this been the de facto secular policy for ages? If an animal (even a wild predator) attacks a human it is considered rogue and "destroyed". If it was a shark it would probably be killed already without much ado (although luckily attitudes are slowly changing for the less attractive, beady-eyed creatures too). But how do you stone a whale? The sheer practicalities are outrageous. People should respect the boundaries of wild animals in their natural habitats, because that is the root of the problem. Killer whales were not made for circus shows.
The Old Testament's law is becoming increasingly relevant to fundamentalists - the laws on tithing and the main homophobic verses are after all in the OT. In order to be consistant they have to apply more and more of these laws, or at least pay lip service to them.
I'd counter with:

...And I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or lambs, or of he goats ... and when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you, yea, when you make many prayers I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. (Isaiah 1: 11-15)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well if you have a mean dog, and it attacks someone, it should be put to sleep. If it is allowed to live, and kills again, then the people are responsible and can go to jail.

I don't think an animal should be stoned to death. There is no reason why the animal should suffer as it dies, if there is a way to kill it in a more humane method.

The same thing can be said for some people. There are people who take a life. If they are allowed to go free and they turn around and take another life, then I think more than just that one person is responsible for that.

I really don't see the necessity of stoning anyone or anything to death. Maybe that is what was done in biblical times, but just because it was done like that then, doesn't mean it has to be like that now.

I mean, we do live in a modern world. I believe that many things written in the bible worked at the time, but it doesn't mean it has to work like that now.

Many of the old dietary restrictions were during a time when there was not modern refrigeration and cooking practices. A food really could have been unclean back then, as it could rot easily or could not be properly prepared with the cooking methods in use back then.

There were many restrictions on things back then that actually make a lot of sense. The people did not know about mold or germs, but had a message from God to move out of a house that had black mold or not to reuse a clay pot if insects were crawling on it. Some people were called "ritually unclean" because they had blood on them or semen on them. This was before anyone knew about germs. So these rituals kept people healthy.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah, stone the whale! It will send the message out to all the other whales in captivity that we dont tolerate their violent behavior! You have to set an example right? Lol, jk of course. Honestly, I dont know what to say, I think humans in general are completely insane, all of us, some (like those who want to stone whales) are just better examples than others. Thats my conclusion and Im stickin to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I covered this months ago. Just thought I would let you know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"According to Scriptures" Yeah,?
Lets see those scriptures.
Harming / killing an animal for what it does naturally?
"KILLER" Whale.....

Please..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is ridiculous...

Stoning a whale... Intelligent thought less than that of a caveman...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Groups and people such as this just make me sick!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I covered this months ago. Just thought I would let you know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

My bad then. I was listening to the radio and they were giving the headlines. The first one was from this weekend and apparently the other two were really old. I should have checked more carefully, thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
A Thought occurs....

How is it we hear of these 'extremist' organizations, but all they specifically target are the rest of us? They never go to war with each other. Is there some kind of unspoken treaty or something?

'Stone the whale, but those Muslims over there torturing that woman are not to be bothered, got it?'

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The trainer should have known it was coming...i dont get what part of killer whale they dont understand.

new topics

top topics

join