It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for you to accept Darwin's Theory Of Evolution ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Google Video Link

The whole series is great, but most won't even watch, beings it attacks your faith.

Anyways, at least fast forward to 9:00, he more than proves that the current horse evolution story is laughable

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

If a junkyard contains all the pieces and parts of a Boeing-747, dismembered and in disarray. And a tornado happens to blow through the junkyard. What is the chance that after its passage, a fully assembled 747, ready to fly, will be found parked there?
Highly unlikely to happen but if by some chance it did.. I MIGHT accept Darwins theory.
Biomaterials with their amazing measure or order must be the outcome of intelligent design. Just the notion that not only the biopolymer but the operating program of a living cell could be arrived at by chance in a primordial organic soup here on the Earth is evidently nonsense of a high order.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

I’ve always found the tornado comparison a bit rough. A tornado is usually thought of as quick. I don’t think we came about here “quickly”. And we are most certainly not perfect.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
reply to post by Darth Logan

I’ve always found the tornado comparison a bit rough. A tornado is usually thought of as quick. I don’t think we came about here “quickly”. And we are most certainly not perfect.

Perfect is the image that is created in the mind. Once translated, the flaws become apparent. Anything to have existed, will always have flaws. I know this is philosophy, but if you aren't well versed in philosophy it is easy to see why so many believe everything they read.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, modern man evolved over say 5 million years. That is 1/2 million generations. In 250,000 generations (highly generalized) we went from basic animals to intelligent men, then that same evolution should be apparent in other species.

Evolution does not have a conscious purpose to itself, so no, it does not have to be apparent in other species.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
reply to post by nophun

If a junkyard contains all the pieces and parts of a Boeing-747, dismembered and in disarray. And a tornado happens to blow through the junkyard. What is the chance that after its passage, a fully assembled 747, ready to fly, will be found parked there?
Highly unlikely to happen but if by some chance it did.. I MIGHT accept Darwins theory.
Biomaterials with their amazing measure or order must be the outcome of intelligent design. Just the notion that not only the biopolymer but the operating program of a living cell could be arrived at by chance in a primordial organic soup here on the Earth is evidently nonsense of a high order.

A Boeing-747 is not an organism and was not created through natural processes. A Boeing-747 also cannot have sex with another Boeing-747 and produce a baby Boeing-747 while passing on its lack of genetics.

I wish people would stop trying to compare artificial objects to naturally occurring organisms, but that might be asking for too much.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

I would think that evolution MUST be apparent in other species. Unless evolutionists also want to somehow make us more special than other species.

You can research the evolution of many animals. Or look up breeding dogs.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
OK...what is the difference between Evolution and Selective Breeding?

In the horse example it is quite possibly just selective breeding. When defining evolution, we often talk about the breeding population being the one most adapted to the environment.

Selective breeding is quite common, well understood, well documented, and yet it isn't considered "evolution." Why?
As I stated before. Evolution "should" be very easy to prove. Many responded to my original post with ways that it wouldn't work or wouldn't apply. But each of those rebuttals could be easily overcome by tweaking the experiment.

Taking my earlier example of bacteria over many thousands of generations. There can be many simultaneous experiments going on. Some could be provided consistent evolving stimulus requiring consistent evolution of the bacteria. At some point, some bacteria could be moved away from the stimulus and see if the evolution persists. Other experiments could focus on selectively moving bacteria with certain anomalies to their own colonies and trying to "breed" them for that anomaly. Other experiments could have a competing bacteria vying for a single resource and seeing what type of creative evolution each strain is capable of to ensure its survival.

If someone were a biologist, and also a Devout Religious believer, or a Devout Athiest, I would think it would be easy to bring forth some very credible evidence in one direction or another? Why haven't we seen it?

I fully believe that Evolution happens. I just don't believe that a single source of life evolved into an infinite amount of variations. And I don't think it describes the moment of Creation. I don't think it was ever meant to describe creation. That is why it is not the "Theory of Creation."

[edit on 19-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

If I were one of the students in that gentleman's class when he asked the students why they believe in the process of evolution, the first response I would've given would have been, "Fossil record! There are hundreds of transitional fossils in museums all over the world! Have you ever been to a museum before, professor? One that doesn't sell over priced bibles and bumper stickers in the gift shop?"

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I fully believe that Evolution happens. I just don't believe that a single source of life evolved into an infinite amount of variations. And I don't think it describes the moment of Creation. I don't think it was ever meant to describe creation. That is why it is not the "Theory of Creation."

I agree completely with this sentiment. It is not a case of choosing one or the other, but rather how do they best complement each other, if they can?

Give a little, get a lot.
Compromise.

edit

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Going into college, I questioned everything. However, after taking 4-years worth of courses and getting my degree in a biology related field, I have no doubt that evolution is in fact true. Sure there are some holes in the theory; however, those "holes" are due to an incomplete (yet undiscovered) fossil record. As times passes, and more "new" fossils are discovered; the more the gaps are filled in and the more solidified the theory becomes.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
look for in your search some Lloyd Pye Videos
Especially

Annanuki is another name of God & Angels
it Means Those from Heaven Came to Earth Aliens God Angel what ever you believe if your Religion gets in the way just throw your Religious Book in the Burning pile or just Tear out the Book of Genesis section ! its all there B&W in your face about genetic Engineering ! in a few simple words

They( god or gods or Angles ) have played with their Chemistry Set and the Final Results with Flaws are US from many Versions we are the last Update ?

Nephilim
en.wikipedia.org...

I seriously think that Creationism and Evolution goes together name a Animal that is both I can Name one and it not US!

Lloyd Pye - Human Genetics

Lloyd Pye - Ancient Genetic Engineering

or these
video from the 80s ?
Anunnaki Secret History on Earth

Alien Races - Annunaki Hybrid DNA

Someone or Something Engineered us

but still we are poorly adapted for this Planet take a Human totally Naked with LIMITED Survival skills and provide them with nothing put them in a Jungle or Forrest of a Season of your Choice near some water resource ( stream crick river ) at least 50 miles away from Society then come back in 4 weeks see the results We are Not physically Made Well .... as i said Limited Survival Skills ...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

So do you think that houses and electricity have been around forever?

If what you say is true than we would not be here talking today. Our ancestors would have died ages ago.

There are people right now living in squalid conditions, whether they choose to or not, and they survive.

edit: for clarity.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

Off-Topic but related....

Why are human babies SOOOOO annoying? That is a poor survival skill, and a evolution FAIL!

I loved babies until I had a couple. They make you want to throw them out a window? Mine survived somehow. They are 3 and 4 year olds now. But DAM! I am a pretty well adjusted, intelligent guy with a loving family and a good wife. If my babies drove me this crazy, how do any babies survive? You would think evolution would have made them cuter, or quieter, or provided some sleep for the parents, or something?

Also, what is up with fingernails on babies? Evolution should have fixed that! They just scratch themselves and make themselves cry. They hurt when they get a hold of you, and they serve no purpose? Why put a weapon on a baby that can't defend itself anyway?

I think Human Babies are proof AGAINST evolution!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Haha. Well, flip side, I don’t have babies but I know the difference between babies cries. I’ve worked around small babies extensively. Their cries tug at my heartstrings and I would do almost anything for a crying baby. Not a crying toddler mind you, but a baby yes.

I had never thought of the fingernails before though. I guess if a baby is going to be left alone, no social contact whatsoever, what harm are a few fingernails gonna do?

Oh, survival. There is nothing you could do to make me think evolution is false.

edit: To add, once you have kid’s it’s not about you anymore, it is about the next generation. Doesn’t matter if mommy’s awake and doesn’t get sleep...baby must survive.
That was my mom taking through me for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My answer is easy:

I would have to erase all knowlege i learned in the past 20 years and everything i gained through my spiritual jurney...

If would become a sheep again and pay no attention to nature anymore, then i could believe the darwin crap once more...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are joking right ? Gawd, I hope you are joking.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So you believe in evolution, yet do not believe common descent ?
The evidence from genetics, the fossil record, geographical distriubtion, DNA, and observed speciation is all bull# ?

That is not a complete list BTW.

Please explain this "I fully believe that Evolution happens. I just don't believe that a single source of life evolved into an infinite amount of variations.'

seriously I don't get it.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

The reverse arguement can also be used. Since no one has witnessed nor can prove the beginning of life, then how do you know God is real? Scientificially speaking, the bible doesn't count.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
reply to post by Wolfenz

So do you think that houses and electricity have been around forever?

If what you say is true than we would not be here talking today. Our ancestors would have died ages ago.

There are people right now living in squalid conditions, whether they choose to or not, and they survive.

edit: for clarity.

what LOL

that's when the Intellect Human Survival Brain comes in to Adapt our body's are Physically are not ! for the Earths Environment Shelter Clothing etc..

The Human Brain learns to Improvise & to Adapt for Survival!
Obviously you ignored what is a said i repeated it twice ! in my last post

I said Limited Survival Skills no Provisions & Equipment nothing
only what you came out into the World Naked and that is

but a Perfect example is for Learning to Adapt is The Ferrel Children

raised by Animals wolves , Antelopes monkeys
the Real Tarzan's and Jungle Book the Real Mowgli's

Ferral Children.com
www.feralchildren.com...

well let just see what would happen in a Global Crisis as i Just watched
a good Movie called The Road about Solar Flared Scorched earth and the People Adapting for Survival If we did not have that Ability to Improvise and Adapt you right we as the Human race would died out long ago !

is the ability to Think and Reason and Improvise and adapt Creation or Evolution the Only other Animal on the Planet that has that ability and has a social economical Structure Insects is Ants & Bees they Farm
learn routes , Harvest , have wars , even have Slaves !

some of my belief s of the Ant Human Connection
have you seen a Ape Farm or Own Slaves Build Structures for Shelter
i haven't yet

Like humans, ants use bacteria to make their gardens grow
www.physorg.com...

Ants More Rational Than Humans?
www.sciencedaily.com...
Intelligent ants
hubpages.com...
Ants Farming Aphids
Herding Aphids: How 'Farmer' Ants Keep Control Of Their Food
www.sciencedaily.com...