It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for you to accept Darwin's Theory Of Evolution ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This question is for people who do not believe in evolution. It is simple, what would it take to get you to accept evolution and common descent is fact ?

I want to stress there is already piles and piles of evidence showing common decent and theory of evolution is correct. This does not seem to be enough for some.

www.talkorigins.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

This question is not really for people who have not took the time to seriously look into the Theory of evolution, This is a question for people who have took the time but still do not know or are not sure.

That said I really do not think there are many "evolution deniers" around that have actually took the time to understand the theory.

This is a evolution and common decent thread please try to stay on that topic. (at least try I know some of you have problems with this)

I will answer any legitimate questions one has on the subject, and hope my other "Darwinist" chip in.

(Darwinist
am I also a Newtonist and Kochist ?)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I can tell you my joke that really upsets bosses.
So I guess it means I believe.

So when I would get in trouble with my boss
I would look him or her in the eye
and state.

We all were monkeys with tails
Until we got bosses to chew our A$$
Is my tail growing back?
I would ask my boss.

He or She would storm back to their area as all the other employees laughed
their tails off.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
A little tip from someone who does believe in evolution:

STOP PUSHING DARWIN'S THEORY.

Darwin's theory was an early formation of the theory of evolution, core tenets of which have been disproved and revised. This constant allusion to Darwin's theory is hurting us deeply in the eyes of those who do not believe in the theory of evolution. They take Darwin's as the absolute, as people like you seem to as well!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I disagree with accepting any form of theory. Accepting is somewhat resigning or surrendering your own possible theories and therefor does not allow you to explore your own thoughts.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Alot more than taking the facts of adaptation and calling it evolution.
Oh ya and definetly, hearing all the facts, about this mythical ancestor, we all are supposed to have (and when I say all I mean all. From goo to yoo via the zoo). From someone not as insulting and at the same time self shinning as you.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
1) Water board me for 2 weeks straight.
2) Remove half my brain
3) Beat my over the head with a limb from "the missing link"
4) Remove God from His Place in Heaven

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hmmm...so when plainly obvious physical changes in a species are observed over a period of time you call that "adaptation"?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I added Darwin because the connection to Natural Selection, Speciation, sexual selection etc (you know all that stuff Darwin came up with) . If I use just Theory of Evolution I leave the door open to "No new information added" so one "Kind" does not evolve into another "kind". (see randyvs post above me, so I failed anyways)

More examples : www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
I disagree with accepting any form of theory. Accepting is somewhat resigning or surrendering your own possible theories and therefor does not allow you to explore your own thoughts.

You do not seem to understand the word "theory" in the sense we are using it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Please stop posting these videos.

Justs because you accept the theory of evolution does not mean you "Remove God from His Place in Heaven" or no longer believe in a God or Gods.

Many Christians have no problem with evolution being fact.

P.S
Glad to hear your open to the idea.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Real "Christians" do not believe in evolution

Where is it written about in the Bible?

It's not in my Bible...

P.S.
I kind'a like the videos

It added a bit of intelligence to my boring posts.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ccsct203]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ccsct203]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I agree, the problem with believing in Darwin's Theory of Evolution is it was written 150 years ago. Things change and we learn more.

It's like believing in a book written say 2000 years ago.

Who would do that?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A very large bribe!
cash please unmarked old bills would get
me on the bandwagon.

as they say we all have our price.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Oh ya and definetly, hearing all the facts, about this mythical ancestor, we all are supposed to have (and when I say all I mean all. From goo to yoo via the zoo). From someone not as insulting and at the same time self shinning as you.

randyvs I am going to try to be kind. (bad pun intended)
You obviously do not have any understanding of evolution, I recommend you check out the following videos. I have tried to link you to pages before but I am pretty sure reading is to much effort for you on the subject.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I will also link one to answer the question you are going to ask sometime in this thread .

How Evolution Adds New Information
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
Real "Christians" do not believe in evolution

Where is it written about in the Bible?

It's not in my Bible...

Hey ccsct203 you kill people for working on the Sabbath ?
It is right there in your bible Exodus 31:12-14.
www.biblegateway.com...:12-14&version=KJV

14Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Still want to play the "Real Christians" card ?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Christians" started in the New Testament not the Old Testament...
We are under the New Law not the Old.... The Sabbath was created for man not man for the Sabbath...
When the woman was caught in adultery and the Jews brought her before Jesus because "under the law" she should be stoned. Jesus knowing their hearts said "He who is without sin cast the first stone"
They all walked away... the oldest to the youngest...
That's what "Christians" believe...forgiveness

If you want to go there talk to a rabbi not a Christian

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This question is for people who do not believe in evolution. It is simple, what would it take to get you to accept evolution and common descent is fact ?

An actual logical explanation of why our universe works perfectly considering that it was formed by coincidence.

So, it just so happens that when nothing exploded and formed the universe everything was placed exactly where it was? Even though if a planet were a degree out of place or a gas was a degree to hot or cold it would effect the entire solar system.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

You can try to spin it how you want but the OT stands for you Christians.
How do I know ? Jesus told me so, obviously.

Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

I could list tons different places where the NT states the OT stands, and a bunch of times the OT/NT both state the "law" will never change going as far as saying it would be easier for heaven to disappear then the law to change.
(Luke 16:17)

This thread is not to argue a stupid book, and trust me you would lose anyways.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Here's something for you to think about when you feel the evolution is a viable answer to the questions of our origins...

"…more than 40 years of work has failed to produce any convincing detailed scheme as to how living cells could have evolved from simple organic molecules."

From the book, Catastrophism & Evolution, Kluwer Academic, 1999, p. 264

The author is Trevor Palmer BA, PhD, CBiol, FIBiol, FIBMS, ILTM, he is also an ex pro-vice chancellor, and Professor Emeritus,[1] from Nottingham Trent University, a chartered biologist, a member of the Institute for Learning and Teaching (now incorporated into the Higher Education Academy), a Fellow of the Institute of Biology, a Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Science and a Fellow of the HESDA Top Management Programme. Previously, he has been a member of the executive of the Heads of University Biological Sciences (HUBS), and a member of the executive of the UK Deans of Science group.

Hmmm, I wonder if his opinion purhaps trumps your inlightened mind...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey here's another gem you might want to consider....remember now you have claimed that evolution is well supported by overwhelming evidence...

Take a peak at this one....

“It’s a shame that there are precious few hard facts when it comes to the origin of life... the how part has everybody stumped. Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.”

Paul Charles William Davies is an English physicist, writer and broadcaster, currently a professor at Arizona State University as well as the Director of BEYOND: Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science. He has held previous academic appointments at the University of Cambridge, University of London, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, University of Adelaide and Macquarie University. His research interests are in the fields of cosmology, quantum field theory, and astrobiology.

Hmmmm, your starting to look like someone who hasnt done their homework about this whole evolution thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join