It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Completely Legal Ways The Cops Can Screw You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Cracked.com Article

4. Arrest You For Drinking in a Bar
...In June 2009, Fort Worth officers used the new public intoxications regulations to arrest a bunch of folks at local bars that, by the way, happened to be the area gay and Hispanic bars.

3. Arrest You For Filming Them
...On March 5, Graber was pulled over for speeding and immediately had a gun pulled on him by an off-duty policeman. Luckily, his helmet had a built-in camera, so after 10 days, the video of this encounter hit YouTube.
...This magically elevated Graber's speeding to an "egregious traffic violation" and had him arrested for breaking wiretapping laws... punishable by up to 16 years in prison. We're pretty sure you get less than that for having a flamethrower strapped to your helmet.

Another hilariously disturbing article from the Cracked.com team. The police force in our country gets a bum rap, as stories of their abuses of power overshadow the hardworking cops that indeed protect and serve. Some feel a sense of safety when they see the police, others feel uneasy. For the latter, this article should prove entertaining and informative.

Anyone have experience with any of these strange laws? Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I lived in Texas and they throw around the "Public Intoxication" law like it's going out of style. This was back in the early 80's and they used it any time they didn't have anything else to use. Nothing new.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I do wonder what the "good" cops are thinking about this. It must make things harder for them to be distinguished between good and bad, when no matter what type of cop you are... they all wear blue.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I read this article a few days ago. It really gets under my skin about the whole filling a quota about the vehicles they steal from people if they think it was used in a crime but they cant prove it thing. (run on sentence por favor) good find

top topics

join