It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man runs 21 miles in the artic barefoot and in only shorts and a cap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

All I have to say is wow, I absolutely love the mind over matter concept, our mind is the most powerful weapon in the world, I would love to know how to do this!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Over a decade of intense yoga experience.

Perhaps it's the specific stance he does, or maybe it's simply that in his state he can control how his body reacts to the cold. Indigenous peoples who have lived in these harsh environments for generations can survive the same and have the changes in their body genetically imprinted.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They had this guy on the discovery channel a year or so ago. His body just reacts differantly to intense cold then a normal man. It has nothing to do with yoga, enviroment or diet.

The indeginous people may be able to survive in the cold, but none are able to do the things he is able and live.

I suggest watching the whole show. It has a contortionist and a magnetic guy on their too. I believe its called real life super heros and hosted by stan lee.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

This man is absolutely amazing, think of all the things man could do if they stopped focusing on technology and put more focus into mastering the mind!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

I did watch it, and I respectfully disagree, anyone can do this, you just have to master the mind.

Dude not trying to start any arguments, please just enjoy the thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

For there to be an arguement I would have to care about what you say.

I don't, so there isn't an arguement. I will listen to the doctors on the actual documentary and base my opinion on that.

You can master the mind to block out all types of pain, but it doesn't stop the cold from destroying your body, you just won't mind it as much.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Arctic is an interesting place, with interesting people. To start with one would have to have a natural resistance to cold. This Canuck has walked to the Laundromat in shorts in -26 temp. No big whoop here. +107 though is a real pain in the ass.

I worked with a person that was in JTF2. That's Canada's special forces. Ask around. He said it was damn cold but once he had eaten some aboriginal food the cold didn't matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

Actually you can keep the cold from destroying your body with Yoga.

I'm sure these two could care less for your opinion as well.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Tgautier13]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Very interesting, what foods for instance? This still maintains my theory that anyone can do this. If we were to eat these foods it would help.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oooh-weee, 'dat boy ain't right.
Arctic, barefoot and shorts have no business being in the same sentence with each other.
No sir-eee.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Please, kind sir! What is this aboriginal food you speak of?
I must have it so I can exploit its secrets come winter.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

thank you so much for the video, star for you, and also for backing me up.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hate to be a skeptic and all ~ What this guy can do is amazing. I have a feeling though that Everest will take his life or at least kick his azz in a hard way. I predict that his abilities will suffer greatly with the loss of oxygen, both physiologically (I'm sure he burns O2 like mad to raise the heat) and mentally (loss of focus and brainpower).
Hope he has the sense to turn back when his spidey senses start to tingle!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Ya thats what i'm saying dude, this man is truly amazing.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
They had this guy on the discovery channel a year or so ago. His body just reacts differantly to intense cold then a normal man. It has nothing to do with yoga, enviroment or diet.

The indeginous people may be able to survive in the cold, but none are able to do the things he is able and live.

I suggest watching the whole show. It has a contortionist and a magnetic guy on their too. I believe its called real life super heros and hosted by stan lee.

Well they never tested to see if it was yoga or anything.....but i assume you are right.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I fully believe that humans have the ability to do this. Most of us will never tap into that sort of power though. It proabably involves intense concentration or meditation and really knowing one's own body. I think it must be partial a spiritual thing as well, or we'd all be doing it. We probably all do have the ability, but I think it must be something we also believe we can do.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I hope he can do it, honestly, it will show everyone what the human mind can really do. Never the less I stared your post.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I don't recall specifically. It was a type of blubber. I don't recall which. JTF2 are used to extreme weather but this really helped them out with their, I have NO idea. Metabolism? Body Temp? They felt frozen and once they ate the blubber they were OK.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I stared your post, because I think you hit the nail on the head, you just have to believe you can do it. The human mind is capable of amazing things.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Maybe because now they're thinking about the fact that they just ate a big 'ol globby wad of blubber.
Eeeyak, I know that would definitely take my mind off a few things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join