It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Employee of Bank Of America Tells Her Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, it's over 6 months since this was posted on the tube, but I find it's an interesting story nonetheless. And I have no doubt that what she describes still goes on today. It is reminiscent of how the healthcare system is being run as well, can't help but feeling nauseous listening to this.

As I have a feeling the embeding won't work, so I'll provide a direct link as well:

Why The Bank Of America Fired Me

Tried to find a transcript of the monologue, but apparently there was none, sorry

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"... systematic practices put in place to keep you [America] in debt..."

Very true and worth internalizing.

If you understand the system, you can make it work for you.

If you don't understand the system, you will work for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

So true. But I don't think that legitimizes the system though.

Anyway, I guess what she describes is business as usual, they're not doing you any favors - they're there to make profit out of you. It's commendable that she refused to take part in it and I respect her for it. I wish that morals and love for next man was something more people could subscribe to.

[edit on 18/7/10 by Droogie]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Well, it's a legitimate system, rather inhuman and a bit sickening, but that's the corporate world. I just think it important that people understand how it works (in general) because it can't be changed or avoided if it's not comprehended. As for the worker, it is indeed, as she describes... BofA is hardly the only one to practice this.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yeah, it's a legitimate system because we allow it to be. It reminds me of one of Karl Marxs' theories on social systems. That we create the system, and we get so dependent on it that we eventually become slaves of it. I don't say that I know of anything better, but the current one is certainly flawed in the sense that it's supposed to be "for the people" and yet it is profit driven. That goes for the healthcare system as well as the financial.

But when I said it doesn't legitimize the system, I meant that it's "rather inhuman and a bit sickening". I agree on that part.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
wow......just wow thank you for this im very very very glad i dont have a credit card or even an atm card if i want my money i go down to the bank and take it out my self if i dont have money i dont buy it its that simple only reason i HAVE one is as i am out of work i depend on my parents for money and they bank with wellsfargo and they transfer me money that way if it werent for this i would cancle my account right now

SCREW banks there hearless corporations who only see dollar signs not humans

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
"... systematic practices put in place to keep you [America] in debt..."

Very true and worth internalizing.

If you understand the system, you can make it work for you.

If you don't understand the system, you will work for it.

I love those last 2 lines....I'm keeping it as a quote for my FB and just to keep if that is cool with you...

I'll even give you credit....but it's soooooo true

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I only have one thought to this video for all my friends on ATS:

If you haven't seen www.maxedoutmovie.com... then do it now. It gives you the backstory on what this girl is talking about. It's a must see documentary IMO, and more than likely will enrage you into action to end your slavery to these wicked corporations.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Check this out.

Bank Of America = BOA, as in the constrictor snake that doesnt stop constricting until your eyes pop out of your skull. Fitting acronym of this corporation, huh.

Dave Ramsey gets letters all the time about people's interactions with BOA, as well as having had a few former employees contact him with similar tales of evil woe.

BOA is a constrictor snake. They squeeze you for every penny they can get out of you, then leave whats left of your rotting corpse by the roadside for the vermin to nibble at, while they move on to their next victim.

"afterall, they are a corporation that is for profit". Justification by these evil money lenders and scoundrels, no matter the loss at the humanitarian level.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
never really saw the point to banks, they get robbed far more than i do (unless you count THEM robbing me)

ill just keep it in the matress. then at least i have the security of my guns and dogs....and all my neighbors guns and dogs....the mattress doesnt have a fee for everything either.

convenience? whats more cconvenient than your own home. i know im at my house far more times than im near an ATM.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
That we create the system, and we get so dependent on it that we eventually become slaves of it. I don't say that I know of anything better, but the current one is certainly flawed in the sense that it's supposed to be "for the people" and yet it is profit driven.

It's dependent only when viewed as quick grab money. I think its safe to say that people in dire credit debt have put themselves there unconditionally. Sure there are cases of folks in financial distress who have to turn to credit cards to survive. For those that think credit is important for buying items like plasma TV's and ipads when they have no means of paying it back, they are getting what they deserve and I have no sympathy for them. This is almost like strategic defaults, idiots who knowingly don't pay their mortgages when they have signed bank contracts. There is a lot of arrogance out there and a sense of entitlement to boot. It's all about priorities and reading the fine print.

brill

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Jackie Ramos' video came out shortly after my Debtors Revolt video against BofA went viral. It caused quite a stir, and I was on quite a media blitz for awhile during Sept/Oct of last year. Jackie and I spoke a couple of times about collaborating, but we were both so busy we never did get to hook up. (She is a single mom with a 2-year old son, I work a very demanding job at mental health with lots of responsibilities at home.

Too bad we didn't get to join forces - we could've really pissed off those banksters!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Rockerchic4God]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Yes, I agree with you there, people do put themselves in certain situations willingly without thinking of any consequenses, while some do know what their spending will lead to. Some of these people are like children who thinks money grows on trees. But my point is that if you want to live without the system, you're not going to have it easy either, so you're almost forced to use take use of it. I'm not saying it can't be beneficial if you use it correctly and you know how it works.

top topics

join