It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Facts" of the bible and where we come from

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

here this is interesting to...

8. And the chief of the spirits, Mastêmâ, 2 came and said: "Lord, Creator, let some of them remain before me, and let them hearken to my voice, and do all that I shall say unto them; for if some of them are not left to me, I shall not be able to execute the power of my will on the sons of men; for these are for corruption and leading astray before my judgment, for great is the wickedness of the sons of men." 9. And He said: "Let the tenth part of them remain before him, and let nine parts descend into the place of condemnation." 3 10. And one of us 4 He commanded that we should teach Noah all their medicines; for He knew that they would not walk in uprightness, nor strive in righteousness. 11. And we did according to all His words: all the malignant evil ones we bound in the place of condemnation, and a tenth part of them we left that they might be subject before Satan 5 on the earth. 12. And we explained to Noah all the medicines of their diseases, together with their seductions, how he might heal them with herbs of the earth. 13. And Noah wrote down all things in a book as we instructed him concerning every kind of medicine. Thus the evil spirits were precluded from (hurting) the sons of Noah.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
he is saying to answer in your words... not post pages and pages of script which he/she already has access to. seeing as the text alone has not answered the questions.

giving your own thouhts backed by text is one thing. post after post of copy paste text is another.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

if i answered in my own words wouldnt someon say hey what is ur source as i have already been asked my source...someone just doesnt wanna do some reading...

here just go ahead and give me the answer give me ur source even though i'm not going to read it!

dont ask questions u dont wanna read to know the answers to

i have provided enough in the texts from jubilees to knock down the walls of christianity with its own texts and prove god is an alien through his actions and not knowingness..all u gotta do is read what i have provided if u dont wanna do that...then why read any response at all?

unless u just want a consensus on opinions!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The problem with reading the bible or asking people who believe in the bible to answer your questions is it usually leads to more questions.

The problem with bible and organized religion is it was created a very long time ago and has been open to interpretation by many people trying to control other people.

Just my opinion.

Research as many different sources as you can and come up with your on opinions, my best suggestion.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The Bible is not junk.
The key to understanding true Bible prophesies,
teachings and beliefs is FAITH.
I will deal with you later...have a nice evening!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mamabeth]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

if i answered in my own words wouldnt someon say hey what is ur source as i have already been asked my source...someone just doesnt wanna do some reading...

Only if you referenced some type of fact, luckily you never did so your source is pointless.

here just go ahead and give me the answer give me ur source even though i'm not going to read it!

I did not say I would not read the text. I said that if all you were going to do was copy chunks of the bible, or some other book then just tell me what you think I should read instead of pretending to answer me but just copying other people's words.

dont ask questions u dont wanna read to know the answers to

You did not actually provide any answers. You just copied a lot of text that you could have simply referenced.

i have provided enough in the texts from jubilees to knock down the walls of christianity with its own texts and prove god is an alien through his actions and not knowingness..all u gotta do is read what i have provided if u dont wanna do that...then why read any response at all?

If you are going to claim god is an alien, you are going to have to offer more than fiction to back that up.

unless u just want a consensus on opinions!

If you do not understand the concept of answering a question vs pointing to written text then I am not sure what you have to offer in the way of answering my OP. It appears you really just want to push this god/alien idea because it does not address one thing I asked about. It just promotes your idea. Thanks but no thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

The Bible is not junk.

I never said that it was.

The key to understanding true Bible prophesies,
teachings and beliefs is FAITH.

You mean blind obedience to fairy tales? That is what faith is, right?

I will deal with you later...have a nice evening!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mamabeth]

Why does that sound like a threat?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
THIS IS ALL I CAN SAY :

www.godtube.com...

I hope you like it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I am a fundamental,independent,baptist.I also spent
over twenty years doing research on UFO's.As I stated
earlier,I will deal with you tomorrow.I am looking forward
to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

alright man ur asking about a book that has no proof in anything it talks about b/c its based on mythology from before its time and things that were said to happen out of the norm..and u want me to answer u with proof!

for one this is like me asking about star wars hey i dont get some of the meanings in star wars can someone with proof tell me the answers!

if u dont see the simularity were on diff levels!

so i will give u the highlights the interestng stuff!

And on that day He created for them all the seas according to their separate gathering-places, and all the rivers, and the gatherings of the waters in the mountains and on all the earth, and all the lakes, and all the dew of the earth, and the seed which is sown, and all sprouting things, and fruit-bearing trees, and trees of the wood, and the garden of Eden, in Eden, and all (plants after their kind). These four great works God created on the third day.

5. And the Lord our God caused a deep sleep to fall upon him, and he slept, and He took for the woman one rib from amongst his ribs, and this rib was the origin of the woman from amongst his ribs, and He built up the flesh in its stead, and built the woman. 6. And He awaked Adam out of his sleep and on awaking he rose on the sixth day, and He brought her to him, and he knew her, and said unto her: "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she will be called [my] wife; because she was taken from her husband." 3 7. Therefore shall man and wife be one, and therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.

"Hath God commanded you, saying, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" 18. And she said to it, "Of all the fruit of the trees of the garden God hath said unto us, Eat; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden God hath said unto us, Ye shall not eat thereof, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." 19. And the serpent said unto the woman, "Ye shall not surely die: for God doth know that on the day ye shall eat thereof, your eyes will be opened, and ye will be as gods, and ye will know good and evil."

28. And on that day was closed the mouth of all beasts, and of cattle, and of birds, and of whatever walketh, and of whatever moveth, so that they could no longer speak: 3 for they had all spoken one with another with one lip and with one tongue. 29. And He sent out of the Garden of Eden all flesh that was in the Garden of Eden, and all flesh was scattered according to its kinds, and according to its types unto the places which had been created for them.

for everything that had been on it had been destroyed, save those that were in the ark with Noah. 3. And he placed the fat thereof on the altar, and he took an ox, and a goat, and a sheep and kids, and salt, and a turtle-dove, and the young of a dove, and placed a burnt sacrifice on the altar, and poured thereon an offering mingled with oil, and sprinkled wine and strewed frankincense over everything, and caused a goodly savour to arise, acceptable before the Lord. 1 4. And the Lord smelt the goodly savour, 2 and He made a covenant with him that there should not be any more a flood to destroy the earth;

prince Mastêmâ 1 came and said before God, "Behold, Abraham loveth Isaac his son, and he delighteth in him above all things else; bid him offer him as a burnt-offering on the altar, and Thou wilt see if he will do this command, and Thou wilt know if he is faithful in everything wherein Thou dost try him." 17. And the Lord knew that Abraham was faithful in all his afflictions; for He had tried him through his country and with famine, and had tried him with the wealth of kings, and had tried him again through his wife, when she was torn (from him), and with circumcision, and had tried him through Ishmael and Hagar, his maid-servant, when he sent them away. 2

4. And he came to a well of water, and he said to his young men, "Abide ye here with the ass, and I and the lad shall go (yonder), and when we have worshipped we shall come again to you." 5. And he took the wood of the burnt-offering and laid it on Isaac his son, and he took in his hand the fire and the knife, and they went both of them together to that place. 6. And Isaac said to his father, "Father"; and he said, "Here am I, my son." And he said unto him, "Behold the fire, and the knife, and the wood; but where is the sheep for the burnt-offering, father?" 7. And he said, "God will provide for himself a sheep for a burnt-offering, my son." And he drew near to the place of the mount of God. 1 8. And he built an altar, and he placed the wood on the altar, and bound Isaac his son, and placed him on the wood which was upon the altar, and stretched forth his hand to take the knife to slay Isaac his son. 9. And I stood before him, and before the prince of the Mastêmâ, 2 and the Lord said, "Bid him not to lay his hand on the lad, nor to do anything to him, for I have shown that he feareth the Lord." 10. And I called to him from heaven, and said unto him: "Abraham, Abraham"; and he was terrified and said: "Behold, (here) am I." 11. And I said unto him: "Lay not thy hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything to him; for now I have shown that thou fearest the Lord, and hast not withheld thy son, thy first-born son, from me."

"Behold the children of men have become evil 3 through the wicked purpose of building for themselves a city and a tower in the land of Shinar." 19. For they departed from the land of Ararat eastward to Shinar; for in his days they built the city and the tower, saying, "Go to, let us ascend thereby into heaven."

there u go still some reading to do! then ofcourse u might want to scroll up to the first post on this page and read about god letting another deity have evil deitys to corrupt man and then destroyed the rest!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i am looking forward to seeing someone get dealt with. that sounds like it calls for popcorn!!

and posting thread after thread of text is not an answer.

the point is that he (and i too i feel the same way) has read the text already and is looking for someone to tell him the answer and how they came to it, not here the answer is in this text... because it obvioulsy hasnt worked so far.

and nothing that you have posted has given a difinitive answer to where cains wife came from.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

actually i'm not pushing nothing i'm throwing out ideas...while answering ur questions..u say i answered none yet u have not read nothing in them texts...that my friend is ignorance!

b/c i answered the first questions off the bat how long was they in eden who was there first and all that...but u wouldnt know cause ur afraid to do some reading...instrad of pushing refreash to see all thenew responses and how popular its growing read the damn material being provided...

u afraid of a lil mind expansion

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

cains wife is his sister...any more?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

that first video you posted was a great video... most, if not all other videos about God, including the next one you posted, I can't handle.... but that first one clearly describes the One and Only... thanks for posting it.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

then why doesnt the bible talk about the birth of cains sister. adam and eve bore two children cain and abel. would not the birth of the 5th human be an event to talk about? all other females are listed in the begats...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

IV. And in the third week in the second jubilee 64-70 A.M.
she gave birth to Cain, and in the fourth she gave birth 71-77 A.M.
to Abel, and in the fifth she gave birth to her daughter 78-84 A.M.
’Âwân.

9. And Cain took ’Âwân his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch 3 at 190-196 A.M.
the close of the fourth jubilee. And in the first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee, houses were built 197 A.M.
on the earth, and Cain built a city, and called its name after the name of his son Enoch.

you were saying?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

what book is this from? i am interested in buying it for myslef to read.

and in your oppinion why is this not mentioned in the main stream christianity? how is this book more correct than say the KJV?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just thought I would let you know, I have been trolling the forums for months... this thread here specifically made me want to register to reply. Please respect my beliefs as I am coming to have a lively discussion, not christian bashing. I don't want to regret it.

Where did Cain's wife come from?

Cain's wife would have been either a sister, niece, or some other descendant of Adam and Eve's. Josephus said that the couple had 33 sons and 23 daughters if I remember correctly, it would most likely be out of these daughters Cain took a wife.

Which came first, Adam or the animals and was Eve created at the same time or later?

Well, Genesis 1:24 discusses the creation of the animals, and Gen 1:27 is man. Considering the fact that so far it is chronologically ordered... it would behoove us to continue interpreting in that fashion.

Eve was created from Adam's rib, therefore, Eve must have been created after Adam. Nothing else makes sense there.

What did God make the animals out of?

The same thing he made fish out of.

When did the plants show up?

Before man, as Gen 1:29 clearly states that plants covered the face of all the earth.

Were their multiple Gods at first?

There never were multiple Gods, and there never will be. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me is illustrating and combating the fact that humans tend to "worship" things. Whether the thing be Michael Jordan a true to life basketball star, or this rock in the shape of a star, or Muphstalleh of the newly created religion Isckanism fresh from my mind.

The other verses with the usage of us, should be attributed to the Trinity. Just because that Trinity had not been clearly defined at this point does not automatically mean that we can assume that it didn't exist. When you are in first grade learning 1+1=2, that doesn't mean that calculus doesn't exist. You just havent been made aware of it yet.

I am sorry for the lack of proof reading, and short answers. 3 kids + replies = rushed answers.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

book of jubilees i left the link earlier when op asked for source...see this is why you READ....if not you'll miss good stuff!

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

when I(get it) when I feel I need to I will otherwise these are understandable by a child with a 5th grade understanding of plain english-why do keep posting scriptures to make a point-yeah OK? and last but not least see if you can seems alot funner!

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join