It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Facts" of the bible and where we come from

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

the current english translation says 7 clean and 2 unclean in pairs and 7 birds in pairs. no water animals, for the obvious reasons. lol so yeah, even the current english translation doesn't uphold the version told in sunday school. it's easy to see how it can be construed to be a fairy tale (which is your statment that i was addressing).

but since you don't want me to answer THAT question i'll take another look at your other questions and see if i can (rolls eyes) answer them with the current translation of the text. le mew, le sigh.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by evil incarnate

the current english translation says 7 clean and 2 unclean in pairs and 7 birds in pairs. no water animals, for the obvious reasons. lol so yeah, even the current english translation doesn't uphold the version told in sunday school. it's easy to see how it can be construed to be a fairy tale (which is your statment that i was addressing).

but since you don't want me to answer THAT question i'll take another look at your other questions and see if i can (rolls eyes) answer them with the current translation of the text. le mew, le sigh.

Obviously you are doing this on purpose. If you wanted to realistically give me a logical answer, you could have done it 5 pages ago before you spent so much time talking about lizard people, what words used to mean, and generally asking why your input is not valued. Seems you can do it but you wait. I ask you to get on topic and you refuse until I tell you to take the thread. You keep posting but never on topic until I ask you to leave me alone. Then you want to play?

To quote myself.

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Please leave me alone.

[edit on 7/23/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
1. Where did Cain's wife come from?

--The text does not say. Exciting no? And because it does not say, people guess. Their guesses range all over the place. You know what my guess is already, so i won't go back over it.

2. Which came first, Adam or the animals and was Eve created at the same time or later?

--If taken in strict context, in the current english translation, i would say Eve and Adam were created at the same time from Atum, and the reason for that is because it states the males and females were created in the image of God.

3. What did God make the animals out of?

--DNA, perhaps a clay mold was used,not sure.

4. When did the plants show up?

--The opening passages describing the creation of the solar system (lights in the sky, sun moon stars planets, coincide with the creation of the galaxy, (which doesn't necessarily coincide with the creation of the universe) which the video i linked about supermassive black holes, refers to. The data is in packets, some of which overlap and some of which preceed the time line as mentioned. They often told a passage of info and then retold it with more data, causing it to appear chronological when it wasn't necessarily in some instances.

5. Were their multiple Gods at first?

--Yes.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You know, when my kids are doing something bad and being stubborn, no matter how many times I ask or tell them to stop, they just keep doing what they are doing. The moment I say I am leaving because they will not listen, they snap into shape.

Any idea why that comes to mind, Undo?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

sorry, i am leaving him alone now.
outtie, wave bye bye. this has been a really really interesting thread. i learned alot.
thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
But the answers are just there..

Look at Adam, he is like us.
And Adam looks the same as the Gods, not God, there are more.

So what maked that God? a human(oid)

Thats why there is so much death and war in the OT, its about war and power by humanoids, played out by humans.

The NT, is just a makeup by the Romans.

But all is in the eyes of the beholder, and since Christianity is a modern sect, why do those people think their religion is the only right one ?
Shouldnt much older religions not be more pure?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just read your post and i want you to know I enjoyed it alot.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here are a couple of interesting verses from a Christian Writing.. Regarding our Origin... Reportedly by Jesus.

"The Gospel of Thomas".... Quote;

49. Jesus said,

“Blessed are the Solitary and Elect,
for you will find The Kingdom.
For you are from it, and to it you will return.”

50. Jesus said,

“If they say to you, “Where did you come from?”

say to them, “We came from The Light,
the place where The Light came into being on Its own accord

and established Itself and became manifest through their Image.”

If they say to you, “Is it you?”

say, “We are its children,
and we are the elect of The Living Father.”

If they ask you, “What is the sign of your Father in you?”

say to them,

“It is Movement and Repose.”

????????????

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
if you look at god in more of a literal sense and not in a all seeing all knowing being who lives in heaven sense, you could fuse the creation evolution theories together nicely. if god came to earth literally, and created us in that sense, we would have evolved from that point. i think god is what we would consider an alien. or aliens. i know that daniken is considered a fraud by many, but i think it likely went something like that. point is if you don't believe in evolution take a trip to the galapagos islands, dummy.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

He said "Lets us make man in our image". Exactly who was us and our. At that time he hadnt created anybody else yet.Who was he talking to? Your reply to my post had nothing to do with what I said.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

"Lets us make man in our image"

The word "Our" as in Our Image" (Father and Son of God)

Refers to the description in "The Gospel According to John"
Ch 1 V 1 to 13.

Describing what God is. The Two Components are.

a. The "WORD".
b. The LIFE of God which is the "LIGHT" of Men.

The LIGHT i.e. "The Light of the World" as in Sun Light....

In the original Greek text the Greek word used was....

ΦΩΣ

Translated refers to Sun Light or any LIGHT emitted from any Luminous body such as a Star.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Originally posted by evil incarnate

If any fundamentalist Christians out there have some answers, that would be just dandy. I have a bunch of questions but I feel I have to begin with one of the most basic. Where did Cain's wife come from?

Which came first, Adam or the animals and was Eve created at the same time or later?

What did God make the animals out of?

When did the plants show up?

Were their multiple Gods at first?

Just a couple off the top of my head. I am not slamming anyone, I am just asking for some clarity and I do have many more questions. I am sure I will not be the only person with some questions about these stories. I know there are enough members on ATS that believe the bible is a true account of things that have gone down so they are the ones I am really hoping can provide some answers.

If we read Genisis chapter 1 it appears that God created heaven and earth out of the very substance of himself.

He spoke most things into existence as the Bible says, "God said"

Now near the end of the sixth day God had placed Adam which he created from the dust of the earth after he had created everything else, in the Garden of Eden and he made every creature and plant before Adam so that he could see that He God was the creator of all the living things before him, and on that same day he created woman out of Adams rib.

All plants were created on the third day.

As for the ark we have not had physical evidence for all to see,

but the evidence that the flood happened is all over the earth.

The ground is mostly sedimentary rock, there are large fossil beds, there are thousand of polystrate fossils (a fossil that goes though many layers of supposed eras of sedimentary rock) all over the earth. I have personally seen river rock inside a hard rock mine several hundred feet in at an altitude of nearly 6000'.

These rock were larger then basket balls and you could clearly see that they were in a channel of some sort.

The Bible is not clear as to where Cain's wife came from, God could have created one for him, which I doubt as I believe when he quit creating on the sixth day, the law of physics that states that matter can not be created or destroyed went into effect.

So I believe that one of his sisters became his wife. Many will say that is incest, but that would have to be how God had planned for man. Also these people were near perfect in the beginning, so the quote inbreeding would have a great genetic defect.

If god is as powerful as the bible says...why would he create things in DAYS, why not all at one time? as well "DAYS"...how were the days defined? If god made the EARTH FIRST....then the earth had not started rotating around the sun, and thus a day couldn't easily been calculated.
But for arguments sake...say the sun and everything existed but god just thought hey im gonna make a planet just out of fun.
So he makes earth...but once again in DAYS?... Why would the all mighty powerful god....take TIME to create something that could just been spontaneously made?
it really doesn't make sense...sorry

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

If god is as powerful as the bible says...why would he create things in DAYS, why not all at one time?

My thoughts....

Perhaps for the same reasons your experience consists of Years, and Not just a single day.

Or as the seasons of the Year. where the Seasons are not in a single day.

as well "DAYS"...how were the days defined?

The cycle involving the Day & Night periods...

If god made the EARTH FIRST....then the earth had not started rotating around the sun, and thus a day couldn't easily been calculated.

But God made the Heaven First... (That is according to the writings.)

This was the Firmament "A support". (This Heaven was NOT referring to the Sky)

For the Earth and heavens to be Created IN....

The Days the Heaven (Firmament) were Created IN, involved the Period between Evening and Morning....

Not as the Day on Earth from Morning to Evening (The other way Round) ?????

[edit on 30-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join