It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Facts" of the bible and where we come from

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do you have a source from the Canadian Museum of Nature? Or are you assuming they used his work? Where is your source from the Canadian Museum of Nature?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

according to wikipedia, he was the curator of vertebrae fossils in the canada museum of nature in 1982

en.wikipedia.org...

this version of it is supposedly on review at north carolina museum of nature
www.strangehorizons.com...

here's an article on it, on COSMOS from 2007. they also say he worked at the canada museum of nature
www.cosmosmagazine.com...

paleoblog
palaeoblog.blogspot.com...
the living moon
www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by undo]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
here it is, listed in their archives
xr.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ok. Perfect. Thanks.

It began as a thought experiment by Dale Russell based off of Troodon. It is not based on archaeological evidence. That’s all I needed to know.

source: www.cosmosmagazine.com

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

yes it did begin on archaeological evidence. it started when he found a fossil of the dinosaur next to dinosauroid in the image i originally linked. he developed a theory from there. i'm surprised you would find this so hard to fathom considering homo floresiensis.

it reminds of the discussion i had with a guy who said that the ancient hindu people knew nothing about the planets of our solar system nor did they know anything about astronomy. at which point, i lead him directly to an excerpt from the mahabharata in which they talk about saturn (in english translation).

and my question on the dinosauroid was, what would his fossil look like? if it's a thought experiment, it shouldn't be too hard to answer. he sure looks like the statue from Eridu.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do you read your source articles?

Do you have a source for the “dinosauroid” fossil?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is a drawing of the "Partition Map" of the Soul showing "The Man Child" in the Centre.

This Drawing is 100 % accurate, and involves NO “Guess Work”...

This "Partition Map" is used in the "Processing System" of the Soul... and involves Geometric Processing.

Your brain is a "Decoder/Encoder" Translating the "Strings of Glyphs" appearing in the Octagons of The Man Child in front of you (Spirit or LIFE) as it rotates at a very high speed .

Your brain decodes the "Inner" Component and you see this universe apparently in 3D but in reality is a very Sophisticated Story, being read by the Mind (Consciousness or LIFE) translated into a 3D form of experiences involving Form or in other words interactive Art or Pictures also involving the 5 senses involved in the programs.

You can find the Generations of the "Souls" found in this Partition Map.

"The Generations of Souls" are found in the form of other "Partition Maps" (Cloned) within “The First Born Soul”.

Each Square, contains another Complete “Partition Map, and in each of its "Partitions" can be found another Complete “Partition Map”.

Every Soul contains the same "Partition Map" (Cloned).

There are so many Souls contained in “The First Born Soul it is impossible to count them.

Also contained within each Soul, can be found access to the Libraries of the All...

There are so many Universes and other Worlds contained in these Libraries, it is also Impossible to count these too.

All is Accessed through "Program Books" (books of Heaven mentioned in the Revelation of J.C.), Contained within Each Soul.

The reason why Scientists can't find the beginning, is they don't realise that All is produced through the Communication of The True Mind (LIFE) through the Soul. i.e. via the "Word".

The word "WORD" implies "Communication" this is in the form of huge “Strings of Glyphs” contained in a Stack in each Octagon, some of which the human Language/s (written) was taken from, but do Not portray the Original content that the Soul recognises.

I can in Fact, show the Language used by the Soul/s and the "Processing System" of the Soul in detail, involving more than 50,000 Drawings which I have in the form of Documentation.

I can also provide Proof in the form of a number of simple experiments, which allow you to see the workings of the Soul.

As well as historical record, of many of the Geometric Components and Language of the Soul, displayed in Buildings both modern and Ancient such as Government buildings, Palaces, Public buildings, Temples, Cathedrals, Mosques, churches, Monasteries, Arcades, in the form of Mosaics and other Art (Decoration) in most Countries on Earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

yeah i read them, that's how i knew that dinosauroid is a theory he developed after finding a fossil for the dinosaur NEXT to dinosauroid. forget the name of it. it's a long word. lol he quickly found out just how controversial such a theory was, and the thing was dang near buried under its own weight. they stuck the model in storage, and he quit answering his phone. lol poor guy. some big wig somewhere probably threatened to have him psychiactrically evaluated for even theorizing it.

no no no, he doesn't have a dinosauroid fossil to my knowledge, only the dinosaur has a fossil. i'm referring to the image of the models of the dino and dino man, next to each other ...the models. not the fossils. sorry about that

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

AHA. Now I understand you. Ok.

I thought you were referencing ‘dinosauroid’ or whatever as being “real”....

Yes, it was based on archaeological evidence, but very loosely.

You would have to ask Dale Roberts what his fossil would look like, as it is his idea. A statue does not a fossil make. I’ll stand by my original view that the statue you first referenced is a “figurative” representation of a human, and not a “literal” representation.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

there's also the statuary and texts of hundreds of ancient cultures, all of which reference these dragon people. i guess they were all metaphors too?

anyway, i realize when it gets down to brass tacks, it's a case of --theory is okay as long as it has been officially sanctioned, but it's not okay (even if from a reputable source and an expert on the subject, et. al, dale russell) if it hasn't been officially sanctioned.

i'm concerned the reason this is true is because mainstream science has already decided that ancient history is mythology, and mainstream religion has already decided that ancient science is mythology. and never the twain shall meet, they'll both make darn sure of that!

fine and dandy, but try not to get mad if i happen to find the evidence that does exist, more than metaphor (although i agree there's a mix of metaphor and literal events, it's understanding what is and isn't metaphor that drives the debate, so i'm going with dale russell on his theory that sentient, intelligent, upright, bipedal reptilians existed and then summarily vanished following the cataclysm, that i personally believe is the end of the angelic dispensation and the beginning of the human dispensation.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It isn’t about it being officially sanctioned or not. I try to keep an open mind even if it doesn’t seem that way.

I would most certainly not be mad if you found proof that you could share with the rest of us.

I think that metaphors play a greater role in history than we realize. It is very hard to determine “Why” when looking at ancient things that are created by human hands. “How” is a much easier question to answer.

Imagine 3000 years from now humans looking at say a bronzed Unicorn figurine that dates to 2012. You may be able to figure out how is was made, but the why can be much more difficult to answer. The answer may simply be “for sheer enjoyment”.

That is what I try to keep in mind when looking at ancient history.

But that doesn’t mean you are wrong for thinking what you do, and it doesn’t mean I am right either.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

granted there are obvious metaphors (which are intricately intertwined with symbols of literal things). such an example is in the book of revelation, a text written 4000 years after the first time the phrase "great dragon" is found in an ancient text. in revelation 12:3, we see the great red dragon, as a symbol, surrounded by other symbols, which are clearly astronomical references. the great red dragon is a many layered symbol, applied both as a metaphor and literally. what a mess eh?

for example, the great red dragon refers to the constellation draco, marking the precession of the equinoxes, thereby giving a general time frame for the events listed. the sky is like its own clock. this man explains the event symbols

yet the great dragon is also the head of the beast government on earth, which clearly is referencing a literal thing. so although it does have a metaphorical application, that is not its only purpose, and i'm going to suggest that this is true for most of ancient history. there's knowledge, then there's hidden knowledge or knowledge that unfolds over time.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Some answers.

Which came first, Adam or the animals and was Eve created at the same time or later?

EVE was formed using A’DAM’s DNA

What did God make the animals out of?

All was Created through the “WORD” (Not ref. to the bible known as the Roman Collection of Hebrew and Greek Writings today)

i.e. the word “WORD” implies “COMMUNICATION”.

All is Created from Nothing.

The Communication of LIFE (Consciousness) in the form, not unlike a "Story", hence “The WORD

What is manifested as your Universe, is the Result of Instructions (a Story) being told by the Mind (NOT the Brain), through the brain, a "Decoded/Encoder" or translated by the Brain as being a 3D experience.

Your 5 Senses are the result of Instructions within a very Sophisticated Program.

All comes from "Program Books" (Books of Heaven, see The Revelation of J.C.)

But to understand How we need to first know what the Soul actually is.

The Soul is a Living Machine that has a Partition Map as shown in my last Post on this Page.

Every location in this Map has a different Function allocated to it.

The Processing that takes place in this map is in the form of changing Letters or "Glyphs".

Each Octagon has a Stack (of Layers) Letters or Glyph which appear one at a time in each of the Octagons as The Man Child or Son of Man Rotates Rapidly thus telling the Story.

The Manifestation of All animals including the Descendants of A’DAM or the human Species is produced by this Operating System.

When did the plants show up?

These are formed or manifested through the same processing system of the Soul.

Were their multiple Gods at first?

This is an interpretation by the human Species and as a result of Translation errors and a lack of knowledge by the Scribe who wrote the texts.

Gods as you put it is a name given to those that seemed to perform feats which the human species did Not know how to perform.

The Programs involving A'DAM were Not nor was this Universe the First in the All.

Most, perhaps All these texts are written by another other than the one telling the story so many errors result in these texts.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Y2KJMan

well dake did use scripture to back up his position and it does relate to the topic of man's arrival on the planet, however, remotely. it helps to locate the event on the timeline, i do believe.

The opening post of this thread is specifically about belief in the Christian bible and yet, you have spent pages talking about Sleestacks. Usually you have interesting posts but you have completely destroyed this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

who is sleestacks? well, what happened before the opening text of genesis is relevant to the conversation since it helps to determine who was here, what was here, how the text unfolds, what it is referring to and etc.

my debate with the op is that he's created a strawman to destroy. you can't expect someone to prove to your satisfaction that something is viable by boxing them into only one approach to the topic, an approach that you are already convinced is untenable. the bible is not in the original language. when you put it back into the original language, all manner of new pieces of interesting data surfaces.

an example of what i mean is the word "images" as found in later passages of the old testament. in one such passage it was from the word mastaba. now a mastaba is ALOT more specific than just the word "images," ya know? that could totally change the meaning of the passage.
there are many examples of this type of thing, including the passage that claims that man was created in god's likeness, when the actual word is adam was created in god's likeness and adam was males and females. if adam was males and females, what's with the new chick on the block, later in the text, named eve? and if both males and females were made in god's image, why is eve made in adam's image?

if you're gonna argue the text, ya have to know the setting, what preceeded it, what the words actually say, and so on. we're handicapped by the fact the thing has a massive amount of translation bias. it's like taking a defective copy of a product before the court and demanding the users of it, prove that the original product, it's not defective. a good lawyer might be able to by sleight of word, but the rest of us have to do it the good old fashioned way: with the product as our only evidence.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

who is sleestacks?

Prehistoric lizard people.

well, what happened before the opening text of genesis is relevant to the conversation since it helps to determine who was here, what was here, how the text unfolds, what it is referring to and etc.

What happened before the opening text of genesis has nothing to do with fundamental Christianity in any way.

my debate with the op is that he's created a strawman to destroy. you can't expect someone to prove to your satisfaction that something is viable by boxing them into only one approach to the topic, an approach that you are already convinced is untenable. the bible is not in the original language. when you put it back into the original language, all manner of new pieces of interesting data surfaces.

Sounds to me like you are just making a silly excuse up to talk about sleestacks but whatever. I thought there were somet interesting back and forths going on here about a subject I have an interest in. Now it is about what happened before the bible as if that has anything to do with anything in the OP? You come across as bitter and with something to prove but I think you just did not understand this thread before you hijacked it.

I am sure you like it better now that you chaged the topic, it probably feels a little more suitable to you.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

you notice his opening questions? what one of those is based in new testament? it's all genesis questions. before you can answer genesis questions, don't you have to determine if the person even knows what genesis says? and i have never read anything by sleestacks. dake wrote his book that i referenced (which doesn't mention reptilians, btw) in 1949, which i'm guessing predates sleestacks by a few decades. and he was convinced there was an entirely different race than humans here, who were intelligent, sentient beings, referred to in biblical texts as seraphim, a race of angels. that is where my theory originated. and he based his reasoning on his research of biblical texts.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

you notice his opening questions? what one of those is based in new testament? it's all genesis questions. before you can answer genesis questions, don't you have to determine if the person even knows what genesis says? and i have never read anything by sleestacks. dake wrote his book that i referenced (which doesn't mention reptilians, btw) in 1949, which i'm guessing predates sleestacks by a few decades. and he was convinced there was an entirely different race than humans here, who were intelligent, sentient beings, referred to in biblical texts as seraphim, a race of angels. that is where my theory originated. and he based his reasoning on his research of biblical texts.

Yes I read it. I have read the entire thread and at least the last half of it has been totally worthless. Genesis says what Genesis says. Nothing you are talking about adds anything to it. It is cute that you want to enlighten with a great understanding but you need to read the OP again. The questions are specific to fundamental Christians who believe the bible is the perfect word of God to be taken literally - word for word. It has nothing to do with Canadian lizard people and since you have access to the internet, Sleestacks should not still be such a mystery to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

well it may still be the perfect word of god, just that it needs to be read as close as possible to its original form. lol i'm a fundie christian, an odd fundie, but still a fundie. so i would fall into his category with provisos. my position on the question of animals, eve, adam and so on, is related. and i was just attempting to answer the other poster's questions regarding the reptilian statement, which is why it ended up going for 2 more pages.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join