It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy and 'Cartoonifying' Services

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
These things are all over the place in the shape of ads, even here...

before going any further i'd like you to contemplate who, as in which demographic, is most likely going to use these 'services'? such information might be relevant.

this type of filter algorithm isn't all that new and there are movies which feature digital post filtering as a style element. the catch is of course that every decent graphics card today has the power to post process movies in real time, which means you could cartoonify a single picture locally on every cellphone CPU (note that i wouldn't do that either) within seconds, which would require only a one time download of a small application rather than two image transfers.

see f-ex: www.beyond3d.com...

of course the current way, the sites get a pic of the person in question, too, which brings me back to the user base. who is more likely to invest considerable time in their looks? men or women? old or young? can you see what i'm getting at?

these websites are like a catalog for predators!

i will link a thread so you'll get an idea what i mean: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry, im having a real hard time understanding the main point of your post. The two articles you did link to seem to have no corrolation at all to each other. An article about missing persons, and an article about the ATI Pixel Shader they use on their cards seem to have nothing in common with any of the ads for "cartoonify yourself!" or anything like that.

Please clarify a little more if you would?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

ok, once more:

i wished to demonstrate that sending the data over the web wasn't necessary, you could do the same on every cellphone because you don't need much computing power.

and:

sending pictures of yourself might be a dangerous proposition for some people.

better?

[edit on 2010.7.19 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator
I'm sorry, im having a real hard time understanding the main point of your post.

Please clarify a little more if you would?
I understand the two links, neither of which is a cartoonifying service, but still it's the main point of your post that I'm having a hard time understanding, is there no link to that? I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

join