learn more

Why "UFOs" will never become a top nightly TV news story

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
by Norio Hayakawa
July 18, 2010

It is a sad fact, especially to die-hard "UFO believers" that UFO sighting news have never been (and will never be) treated as a top headline story in most national and local nightly TV news.
And, if any, most of the time such news stories about UFO sightings come at the very end of the half-hour nightly national or local TV news.
Never have they been a top news story.

Why is it so?
Simply because the mainstream news media still consider and categorize the subject of "UFOs" as part of Pseudo Science.
The news stations seem to do its best to avoid any ridicule.
And so they have no choice but to treat such news with a "light-hearted" attitude.

Usually the news anchor makes a cynical, smart-alecky and (most of the time) comical remarks about the sighting or about the subject matter in general.
And then, usually all of the anchors end up together with a laughter.

It is a convenient way to end the nightly news on a "light" note, a break from "serious" and increasingly depressing subject matters such as economy, politics, wars, terrorism, crime, environmental destruction, ad infinitum.
The subject of "UFOs" occupies the very end of a long list of all available topics, and usually only as a "filler" if they can't find any other items to bring the half-hour news progrma to a close, on a rather "happy" or "light-hearted" tone.

We all hope that some day in the future, UFO news will become a top story in the nightly news program.
But, will that day ever come?

www.myspace.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can't tell you how many times I've heard news anchors mention the term "Little Green Men" as to stir up some 50's black and white B-movie mental image. Not to mention the repetitive use of the "X-Files Theme" as part of their background music in their light-hearted news clip.

I'm truthfully waiting for that one "BIG" event that NO media can laugh at, and faced with the reality of it, will be the beginning of disclosure for all of the rest of the world, especially here in the U.S.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Agreed.

It seems like the good ship Credibility left the port for places unknown some years ago. Thankfully, there are a few small enterprises still offering round trips to the whirlpools and harbors of ufology.

Paracast and Dark Matters Radio offer guided tours through the world of UFO phenomena. Some members and Mods on ATS also fly the flag (skull and crossbones?) for the serious side of ufology.

Anyway, enough of the naval metaphors.

In spite of the MSM refusal to take it seriously, and despite the wackos, UFOs aren't going away.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Every time someone comes forward with one of those "I speak to an alien with my ESP" or "Aliens from __________ visit me every Thursday" stories, they make it easier for the media to make fun of any scientific research into UFO's.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
by Norio Hayakawa
July 18, 2010

It is a sad fact, especially to die-hard "UFO believers" that UFO sighting news have never been (and will never be) treated as a top headline story in most national and local nightly TV news.
And, if any, most of the time such news stories about UFO sightings come at the very end of the half-hour nightly national or local TV news.
Never have they been a top news story.

Why is it so?

Simply because the mainstream news media still consider and categorize the subject of "UFOs" as part of Pseudo Science.

The news stations seem to do its best to avoid any ridicule.

And so they have no choice but to treat such news with a "light-hearted" attitude.

Hi Norio, I agree with all the three points you make here, but there is a fourth reason which I think is the most important one.

Don’t you think also that it has very much to do with the fact that the big media is not allowed to do that because as Richard M. Dolan said in the article below, that the global media market is now dominated by seven multinational corporations.

Getting Inside Your Head: Media, Mind Control, and Marginalization of UFOs, by Richard M. Dolan.

Managing the Global Village

Some people believe that with an Internet-based global communications network, it should be harder for a UFO coverup to exist today. Actually, the reverse seems to be true.

The reason is that nothing is independent, anymore. Fifty years ago, if you drove across the United States, you could listen to truly independent radio stations, which (can you believe it?) actually had local people reporting local news.

You could read an independently-owned newspaper (which competed with several other independently-owned newspapers in the same city). Journalists competed to ‘scoop’ each other, to get that inside story no one else could get. In other words, muckrakers could still work for a major newspaper.

To put it mildly, that’s not how it works today. What people need to realize is that there is no longer a free market for news.
This is not a facetious remark, not hyperbole. America no longer has a free press. Not the kind, at any rate, we grew up believing in.

Media consolidation in the last twenty years has completely transformed American journalism. While it the press was generally subservient to the government in earlier years, we now have something so different that we still lack the conceptual tools to wrap our brains around it.

The global media market is now dominated by seven multinational corporations: Disney, AOL-Time Warner, Sony, News Corporation, Viacom, Vivendi, and Bertelsmann. Between them, they own the major U.S. film studios; all but one of the U.S. television networks; more than 80 percent of the global music market; most satellite broadcasting worldwide; a large share of book publishing and commercial magazine publishing; most of America’s (and the world’s) commercial cable TV channels; the lion’s share of European television, and much more.

www.keyholepublishing.com...

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
We all hope that some day in the future, UFO news will become a top story in the nightly news program.
But, will that day ever come?

Well, if that day will ever come is difficult to say, “they” where as it seems able to keep it very successfully under the carpet for some six or seven decades now, so I think that they could do that at least for some more.

No doubt that more and more people will become aware of it, and not as it seems very clear due the news media, but because of the internet.

Regarding a possible disclosure, I think that that is not in the hands of those human powers to be, I think that that is all in the hands of the ET's themselves.

I think that they decide when, if they will ever decide that.

new topics

top topics

join