It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Bright Object In The West Sky Over Ontario, Canada?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I've been seeing something strange in my window that fits this description. It's southwest. It twinkles like a star but it sways back and forth. I have video of it. I consulted the Stellarium app (mac os x) and using the moon as a reference point, it confirmed that it was Sirius. It was in the same position last night.

I'm satisfied with that answer but I don't understand why that's the only star that seems to have those properties (that I've seen). Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I'm in Blythewood South Carolina USA
edit on 12-3-2011 by GCMD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Venetian

I've been watching this object from my balcony for a little over a month now. It appears irregularly and will hang around in the same area of the sky making very odd movements. They could be very slow movements, but the object seems incredibly distant so I'm guessing when I do see it moving it could possibly be very fast.

The weird thing is, it always seems more distant than the planes passing over the horizon, but is far brighter than anything else in the sky save the moon.
edit on 14-1-2017 by AdamLawton because: Grammar

Haha, after some more research and consulting star charts - I think it's actually just Venus.
edit on 14-1-2017 by AdamLawton because: New info

new topics

<< 1   >>

join