It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected drug hitmen kill 17 at party in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Actually it is satire.

You must know this person and his/her thoughts. Impressive. Please, as your one line post indicates this is fairly obvious, explain to me how this is satire. And before you post the definition of satire please know I know it. A statement with no context, such as, "what's the big deal with all the murderers here in the states? They need their kicks too!" is NOT satire. It is someone saying that there is something wrong with not allowing people to murder others. Satire, overused today, typically takes some brains to be affective. Look the post in its context and it is simply someone saying something that is offensive. Now, explain to me how this statement is actually ridiculing someone for their folly. Should be easy, except I imagine you will resort to something that is vague and does nothing to further the conversation - in your definition, satire. Good thing most people don't mumble their motives via satire on this site. No one would know what in the hell you were talking about. And I stand by my comments that anyone who can joke about mass murderers are tasteless and not worthy of this site.

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by janon

Janon, thank you for having a sense of satire. It is obviously a play on the Liberal justification of why we should just ignore illegal immigration on the grounds that the illegal immigrant should be free to make a better life for themselves even if it is a violation of law.

Please explain how any "liberal justifications" of anything qualify as satire when compared to mass murderers. Thanks in advance.

ColoradoJens

<< 1   >>

join