It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Evolution says humans and primates share a common ancestor. They havn't seen this ancestor, they
can't prove his existence and he wouldn't begin to explain existence even if they could find him.

This is what I call," the double wide standard" evolutionist are holding in the belief of their theory, they keep trying to pass off as fact. They won't for one second consider God or even any kind of spirituality. For if they do they must consider God to be a possibility and treat that possibility with respect. Their belittlements and mockings of
creationists will always keep threads, atricles, expose's, columns, speeches and
sermons coming right back in their face. Why?
If evolution were ever to be proven true it still would not come close to explaining this existence. Nothing explains existence like The living word of God. The Bible.
The Bible is no diplomat. It commands respect. On every level and on any field.

I'm sure a little public light on this double wide standard will mean nothing to most all Evolutionists. I think you can see it here. If not just compare their belief in an ancestor shared. With the creationists Creator God.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You do bring up a good point. The problem is there is so much of Earth that we haven't dug up to find fossils, and there are so many animals that where never fossilized. Fossilization is such a rare event, even though people think it happens commonly. They have found many fossils of possible human evolutionary "pieces".

Would you like to see human engineered evolution?

Not only is the apple said to be extremely tasty – it has a 'berry nuance' – it is even healthier than your average apple as its red flesh is richer in antioxidants.

The new fruit will even keep its colour after being cooked or pressed, producing cider that looks more like cranberry juice – or an unusual looking apple pie.

It also has the advantage of not turning brown, making it better than normal apples as an ingredient in a fruit salad.
Natural: The rosy-red apple has been grown without the use of genetic modification techniques

Natural: The rosy-red apple has been grown without the use of genetic modification techniques

The Redlove is the result of 20 years of painstaking work by Markus Kobert, a Swiss fruit grower.

He has cross-pollinated a number of varieties – including one that has pink flesh but no taste – to come up with the Redlove.

Seed and sapling company Suttons has secured exclusive rights to sell the fruit trees in Britain, with 1,500 orders taken from amateur gardeners already.

Orchards across Europe are being planted with saplings so the apples can be produced on a commercial scale.

British supermarkets are expected to start selling them within the next few years.

Tom Sharples, spokesman for Suttons, which is based in Paignton, Devon, said: 'This is the very first red-fleshed, fine-tasting apple in the world.

'It has a delicious sweet and tangy taste with a hint of berries to it if eaten raw and is also ideal for cooking.'

He added: 'This has been a natural breeding process and no genetic modification techniques have been used.

'The trees were grown in tunnels rather than outdoors so that there would be no random pollination from bees.'

Two varieties of Redlove have been produced. They are the Era, which can be harvested from September and stored up until Christmas, and the Sirena which are harvested from August and stored until October.

As well as the eye-catching fruit, their trees produce beautiful deep pink blossom in the spring. The saplings are available from Suttons, costing £24.95.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yes, this has been engineered by humans, but things like this happen, just not in 20 years (naturally that is). Sad thing is there will most likely be no physical evidence of this creation when humans are gone. It would be pretty difficult for a fruit to be fossilized.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here is a list of human evolutionary fossils. Notice that it does stop off after so long.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
re the lack of fossils...very good point. virtually all fossils should be whats called 'transitional forms' but only a handful (disputed) are. Evolutionists refer to the 'missing link' as if everything is figured out except for the one piece; in fact 99% of living forms are 'missing'. the system works out more like connect-the-dots; there's an Indricothere here and a Wooly Rhino there, and we think they're connected but don't have ANY fossils of whatever came in between. and this is the case for ALL animal forms.

somebody wrote a book called 'Evolution; the Fossils say no'. it's all about the interpretation.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dawkins had a nice little thing to say about this, not sure the exact quote.

A man is on trial for murder, during the case the prosecutor puts a video tape in the television and hits play, you clearly see the butler grab a gun out of a drawer then walk out of view, and another camera picks him up leaving the room he walked into, with the gun smoking. The defendant jumps up and says "Aha a gap in the record!!!".

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Evolution says humans and primates share a common ancestor. They havn't seen this ancestor, they
can't prove his existence and he wouldn't begin to explain existence even if they could find him.

This is what I call," the double wide standard" evolutionist are holding in the belief of their theory, they keep trying to pass off as fact. They won't for one second consider God or even any kind of spirituality. For if they do they must consider God to be a possibility and treat that possibility with respect. Their belittlements and mockings of
creationists will always keep threads, atricles, expose's, columns, speeches and
sermons coming right back in their face. Why?
If evolution were ever to be proven true it still would not come close to explaining this existence. Nothing explains existence like The living word of God. The Bible.
The Bible is no diplomat. It commands respect. On every level and on any field.

I'm sure a little public light on this double wide standard will mean nothing to most all Evolutionists. I think you can see it here. If not just compare their belief in an ancestor shared. With the creationists Creator God.

You mean the omnipotent all-knowing creator of "junk DNA???
If creationists had any integrity they would refuse any medical treatment that relied, in its development, to molecular biology, the cornerstone of which is evolutionary theory. But no, they will ride Ken Hamm's Triceratops to the clinic for the newest vaccine, engaging in the intellectual dishonesty of saying, "Well, OK, maybe evolution does apply to viruses, so I want THIS YEAR'S flu shot.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Evolution is not just in humans. Not at all. We are the product of evolution, but to understand that the theory is in fact truth, you must understand Natural Selection.

Evolution was not proven by looking or studying humans, and no one that I am aware of has ever claimed that to be the case. As a matter of FACT, it took traversing the world and studying the differences in nature over great spaces that at first sparked Darwin's, at the time, theory.
Since this great event in history we have had the pleasure as intelligent beings to observe, test, monitor, and otherwise study life forms all the way from bacteria and viruses to human beings, and most forms that lie between these in complexity and span of existence. In study after study, scientist after scientist discovered the diversity of different life over distance and time is indeed due to Natural Selection.
Evolution is just a word. A word that says this… “Anything subject to Natural Selection will be forced to change unless the conditions surrounding said object stays 100% unchanged in itself.”
With our planet constantly changing, from weather to extraterrestrial occurrences, not to mention mutations, (though I just did) the 100% stability of an environment is more than rare on our beautiful planet, subjecting all forms of life to undergo Natural Selection.
Saying that a missing link in the evolution of humans from other primates disproves the theory all together is a lot like saying just because you can’t prove to me a certain sentence of the bible is true the entire book is wrong wrong wrong.
Closing thought:
Science and religion butt heads so often because in science the thinking comes before the believing, were in religion first you must believe, then connect the dots from there as best they can be connected.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Fear_Fear]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Chromosome 2.
en.wikipedia.org...(human).

All members of Hominidae except humans have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Humans have only 23 pairs of chromosomes. Human chromosome 2 is widely accepted to be a result of an end-to-end fusion of two ancestral chromosomes. [3][4] Fusion of ancestral chromosomes left distinctive remnants of telomeres, and a vestigial centromere The evidence for this includes: The correspondence of chromosome 2 to two ape chromosomes. The closest human relative, the common chimpanzee, has near-identical DNA sequences to human chromosome 2, but they are found in two separate chromosomes. The same is true of the more distant gorilla and orangutan. [5][6] The presence of a vestigial centromere. Normally a chromosome has just one centromere, but in chromosome 2 there are remnants of a second centromere. [7] The presence of vestigial telomeres. These are normally found only at the ends of a chromosome, but in chromosome 2 there are additional telomere sequences in the middle. [8] Chromosome 2 thus presents very strong evidence in favour of the common descent of humans and other apes. According to researcher J. W. IJdo, "We conclude that the locus cloned in cosmids c8.1 and c29B is the relic of an ancient telomere-telomere fusion and marks the point at which two ancestral ape chromosomes fused to give rise to human chromosome 2."[8]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would expect all Evolutionists to be Vegetarians. They say animals are our Cousins. I don't know how they justify killing and eating their Cousins.

I'm not trying to be offensive but I really wonder how they morally justify eating their Cousins.

Peace

edit - corrected terminology - Atheists to Evolutionists.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by randyvs

I would expect all Atheists to be Vegetarians. They say animals are our Cousins. I don't know how they justify killing and eating their Cousins.

I'm not trying to be offensive but I really wonder how they morally justify eating their Cousins.

Peace

You's Trollin'

Or completely out of your league in this conversation.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

By that logic all plants are our cousins as well, though distant indeed.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Or maybe my question is out of your league.

Got an answer?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fear_Fear

I figured that was the logic. Works for me.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

They havn't seen this ancestor, they can't prove his existence and he wouldn't begin to explain existence even if they could find him.

Wrong. There are numerous human ancestors in the fossil record.

This is what I call," the double wide standard" evolutionist are holding in the belief of their theory, they keep trying to pass off as fact.

Evolution happens. There are dozens upon dozens of transitional fossils that have been found. Each one of these transitional forms solidifies evolution further but is outright rejected by Creationists because, well, it would make their myths untrue. Evolutionary theory has gone through numerous changes as it follows the evidence while Creationists continue to cling to magic as a valid explanation.

By the way, in science FACTS are the LEAST important element, facts don't tell you much - they are just pieces of data. A theory on the other hand is a framework within which laws, facts, observations, hypotheses and conclusions are unified. The fact is that when we studied life all the facts point toward evolution. The fossil record, behavioral studies, the appearance of organisms, genetics,

If evolution were ever to be proven true

It already has been, at least to those of us who weren't indoctrinated by morons like Kent Hovind and Michael Behe.

I'm going to post my favorite link for you Randy, its a link to as study of Tibetans that explains how they manage to stay at high altitudes. The short answer is: Evolution. Through successive generations, as an isolated population, traits and genes that supported survival at these high altitudes were passed on while ones that didn't died off. This leads to several genes that allow them to thrive at these altitudes and an advantage that you or I would not have because our ancestors were not living at these elevations for generations upon generations:

Genes Explain why Tibetans Thrive

If not just compare their belief in an ancestor shared. With the creationists Creator God.

One has a solid scientific basis grounded in fossil evidence and genetic similarities between apes.

Creationism on the other hand is a laughable myth for which no objectively verifiable evidence has EVER been found.

I present to you Aronra and the first video in his series on Creationism:

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This is what I call," the double wide standard" evolutionist are holding in the belief of their theory, they keep trying to pass off as fact. They won't for one second consider God or even any kind of spirituality

Off course they will, most evolutionsts are christians who believe in a god named Yahweh.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Here is a list of human evolutionary fossils. Notice that it does stop off after so long.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes of course it stops. It says a list of primate fossils, relating to humans evolution. At some point we wouldn't call it primates anymore.

45 million years of fossiles, and people still don't think we have a clear view of human evolution? So sad.
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You posted more or less everything there is to say in this thread. Thank you, I was going to post something similar.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by randyvs

I would expect all Atheists to be Vegetarians. They say animals are our Cousins. I don't know how they justify killing and eating their Cousins.

You are confusing atheists with evolutionists.

Peace

If you get your terms correct, sometimes the answers reveal themselves.

[edit on 7/18/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Side note : AronRa live on LOR blog talk right now.

www.blogtv.com...

w/ Thunderfoot, DonExodus2, DPRjones, and AndromedasWake obviously.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

I know.

I'm watching it too

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
They havn't seen this ancestor

And I suppose every person in your religion has seen god, therefore he must exist?

Double standard indeed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join