learn more

Revelation; The Beast-great leader and antichrist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I am now attaching a link to my more recent thread on the first chapter of Revelation, which sets the tone for this book;
Fear Not

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootieowl
Referencing back to prior post on 1 Cor 3:16 - yes, this was for the christian exclusively, believing the temple is within us. No problem there.

I didn't look back far enough, was only looking at the Dome of Rock reference. In Rev 11:1-3 is what was in my mind regarding the physical temple being built. And this written when, 90-95 A.D. - when christianity is already off and running. So this alone should show it is for the Jew.

I went into this point more in the "Beast and the Temple" thread.
If the Christian body itself is "God's temple", from the Christian viewpoint, which is what Paul asserts, then that affects the interpretation of the statement in 2 Thessalonians that the "man of sin" would take his seat in "the temple of God". And similarly the Christian understanding of the equivalent statements at the end of Daniel. It argues against the necessity to assume any rebuilding of a physical temple.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #26 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic significance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
666 IS JESUS

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

My response to the claims made about the year 2012 was that I could see no prophetic significance in the date.
This position seems to have been vindicated.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join