It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Beast-great leader and antichrist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've been studying this stuff for 40 years and am not ready to write anything into stone. God knows our Hearts, which is the key for me. Theories abound but there is one God. One of my personal mantras is to "live within the Question". The things I cannot know right now have answers, and they will be revealed to me at some unknown time in the future when I am ready. Frankly, I don't have to know the answers because in my Heart I know God is in control. That is enough for me. We live in incredible times, and let's remember that the time will only be shortened for The Elect, lest no flesh be saved. That is humbling because it means that God loved me before the Foundation of the Earth. I feel that is the reason I've sought after Him all my life. I don't look at myself as anything great, but if He thinks so, it's good enough for me!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadred
Frankly, I don't have to know the answers because in my Heart I know God is in control. That is enough for me.

Thank you for that contribution.
I think what you have hit on here is the key central point of Revelation.
"Do not be afraid. I have the power. I am in control".
It is, more than anything else, a book of encouragement.
If you are encouraged in God, I would say you have found the answer already

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by nowshining

Um whaaaa?
No really, what I mean is...................waahduhfaah
Huuuhhh?

My own reaction was something like that.
But was there any comment you wanted to make on the thread itself?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ANTI CHRIST MEANS= INSTEAD OF

unintelligent squirrels

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
ANTI CHRIST MEANS= INSTEAD OF

Yes, that's the interpretation I gave it in the OP.
Or "in place of", to be exact.
The point being that those saying "I am the Christ", as described in Matthew ch24, are putting themselves forward "instead of" him.
Which contributors to this thread are you describing as squirrels?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Archirvion

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

True, but I think Archirvion's point is also true.
We need both sides of the picture.
I think we can take it that the one who presents himself in place of Christ will deny the Father and the Son.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king.-Rev17.11

They are all defying Caesar's decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus."-Acts17.7

All the nations surrounded me, but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.-Ps118.10

The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against his Anointed One.-Acts4.26

to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.-Eph1.10

the head of every man is Christ-1Cor11.3

so in Christ we who are many form one body-Rom12.5 (so would the anti?)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.-Gal3.28

he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.-1Cor6.16

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

so in Christ we who are many form one body-Rom12.5 (so would the anti?)

Perhaps, in a sense.
I would imagine that the "mark of the Beast", whatever it was, would give the followers of the Beast a sense of unity, and encourage them to take action against a minority of Christians.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I've been studying this stuff for 40 years and am not ready to write anything into stone. God knows our Hearts, which is the key for me. Theories abound but there is one God. One of my personal mantras is to "live within the Question". The things I cannot know right now have answers, and they will be revealed to me at some unknown time in the future when I am ready. Frankly, I don't have to know the answers because in my Heart I know God is in control. That is enough for me. We live in incredible times, and let's remember that the time will only be shortened for The Elect, lest no flesh be saved. That is humbling because it means that God loved me before the Foundation of the Earth. I feel that is the reason I've sought after Him all my life. I don't look at myself as anything great, but if He thinks so, it's good enough for me!

Wow. Just. Wow.

Thanks so much for writing that. It's sometimes so hard to let go and realize that we are not in control. That He is. That we are exactly where we need and have to be. That answers will come as we need them.

To stop worrying and start living.

I needed to read that today. A big star for you.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht

Thanks so much for writing that. It's sometimes so hard to let go and realize that we are not in control. That He is. That we are exactly where we need and have to be. That answers will come as we need them.

I agree.
The book of Revelation is essentially that insight from deadred as applied to a particular kind of situation.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.-Rom14

For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?-1Cor10.29

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.-1Cor15.45

Jesus said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. 26But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.-Luke22

Even that question came up only because of some so-called Christians there—false ones, really—who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations. 5 But we refused to give in to them for a single moment. We wanted to preserve the truth of the gospel-Gal2.4(NLT)

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.-Gal6.15

For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.-Gal3.21

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Disraeli - been following your work for a while now; enjoying the threads, plenty of food for thought. Regarding this thread - I agree in general that Deadred's comment is the way we should approach life in general and in particular the end times.

However, I thought I'd share a dream I had last night - very brief, very simple - with a clear message. I was speaking with someone in the dream - I remember nothing about the context, what we were doing etc, only one spoken line:

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you..? Did she die in vain..?"

Yup. That's the line, which you'll recognise as Tony Hancock's quote at the foot of your posts.

Now the Lord has done stuff like this before when passing on something important. The message wasn't Tony Hancock's quote - the Lord's message is almost always 'higher' than first impression. So what is 'higher' (or 'above') the Hancock quote? Well, there's a quote from Isaiah situated firmly above it in your signature.

"'Come, let us reason together' saith the Lord"

Now the message (I believe) is clear. In addressing the issue of the End Times, Armageddon etc - as expounded in your threads, hence the Lord's direct inception in the dream of a quote from the Word used by your good self - it is an instruction to apply intellect, reasoning, and humility before God. As in, we should know that our reasoning and intellect are useful, and gifts from the Lord - but that ultimately God's reasoning is higher, and we should be cautious to seek Him first in all our endeavours.

So - let's not bury our talent; let's invest it in reason and discussion.

And ignore those unfortunates who just won't take the hint that they are not the Antichrist (capital 'A' to distinguish the key player described in Revelation, as opposed to plain old Christ haters)

I hope this is also an encouragement to you Disraeli - to my mind, this dream and interpretation is evidence of something that God has directly spoken (in the language of symbolism) which demonstrates that he is actively involved with you, your threads and your purpose.

Bless 'ya brother.

Noah.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Loving the fact that you're sharing the Word in such a direct and incisive manner. I would suggest that it might be nice to hear from you as well, to get a sense for your character and mindset. Of course, the Word is the highest written authority, but as explained in my previous post - burying our reason and intellect and hiding behind any shield (even the shield of faith) is akin to burying the talent of silver we've been entrusted with. Very few would understand (or even have access to) the Word if people hadn't endeavored to explain it and understand it's meaning. Let's hear your voice good brother..!

NB '...good brother' is an expression - please don't quote 'none is good but the Lord', we all know that anyway..!

Noah

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
An excellent post, and i'm enjoying the thread too.

The beast of the sea could have several possibilities, i always thought of it as a loch ness monster type thing. But lately as i've been learning, i get to maritime law. The one set of ideas "from the sea" that will rule us all. (or it could mean that the "person of the beast" would be from the see ... (see a certain "Mabus", an admiral i think)

This is almost easy to envision under a UN umbrella. The second beast would be the "antichrist" a concept which i think you deal with very well. A person who has the control, our entire "pop idol worshipping" culture is gearing us for this.

Revelations 13 is very clear on what it means, although beasts and dragons would have their own particular meanings. The RC church apparently divides the planet into 10 regions, and we have 7 continents (?)

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.
12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.
14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,
17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Then the "AC guy" will have horns (?) and speak like a dragon. He will perform many signs, including fire. I think we will know him when he arrives.

Also note the first beast was wounded by the sword, ie a violent incident.

The mark is also easy with our current world view, implanted microchip encompassing banking and identification. Of course anyone who refuses such a thing would be labelled "terrorist".

Topic flagged, and stars as i find the gold

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Christians like to counter my claims with scripture, and for every piece of scripture you use to denounce my claims I can find scripture to corroborate them.

Instead of getting defensive you should read my prophesied book, then decide:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

The beast of the sea could have several possibilities, i always thought of it as a loch ness monster type thing. But lately as i've been learning, i get to maritime law.

OMFG! Have you been reading The Watchtower?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian
"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you..? Did she die in vain..?"

As in, we should know that our reasoning and intellect are useful, and gifts from the Lord - but that ultimately God's reasoning is higher, and we should be cautious to seek Him first in all our endeavours.

I'll resist the temptation to get nostalgic about "the lad himself" and his second-greatest episode.

The moral we seem to be getting out of this is to apply reasoning without getting too dogmatic about the results, being aware of the possibility that we're in error. I would like to think that's an endorsement of the way I've been handling these things

I hope this is also an encouragement to you Disraeli - to my mind, this dream and interpretation is evidence of something that God has directly spoken (in the language of symbolism) which demonstrates that he is actively involved with you, your threads and your purpose.

Yes, thank you, that is very encouraging. Of course that's what I've been believing, which is the reason why i was doing it.

I take it that when you say "we should hear more from" NoKingButJesus in person, your're suggesting that he might give short quotations and then explain in his own words why the quotation was apposite to the theme? I think that could be very constructive and helpful

Thank you for that contribution.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki11

Originally posted by harryhaller

The beast of the sea could have several possibilities, i always thought of it as a loch ness monster type thing. But lately as i've been learning, i get to maritime law.

OMFG! Have you been reading The Watchtower?

Do you think this comes from the Watchtower?
I had the impression that the Jehovah's Witnesses thought the United Nations was the great evil power in the world

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

one night I had picked up a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I had begun to open the cover, an AUDIBLE voice as if a man was sitting to my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK(not being raised churched or knowing the scripts) I stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord, then came across these years later-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, 'Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?'" 'Who are you, Lord?' I asked. " 'I am Jesus-Acts22.8

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.-John10.28

the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.10

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join