It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Beast-great leader and antichrist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I can be non-literal when I have to be.
In fact, I intend to spend a lot of time in Revelation giving non-literal interpretations.
But an anagram is an anagram.
You're not going to keep on giving anagrams, are you? You're not going to turn into Esoteric Teacher?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
What about the native Americans and Africans and all the other people colonized and destroyed by European Christianity?

Who is their beast and anti-christ?

If they hate Christianity and are determined to destroy it, then I imagine that the antichrist would be able to recruit them.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
here's something to think about, how did we get to this point where the world is so wrapped up in materialism? where most people are more concerned about the number in the bank accounts than the number of trees in their community? We've disconnected ourselves from nature, creating disharmony in the world. how did this happen? According to Jose Arguelles it has everything to do with our unnatural time ratio, 12:60, implemented by the Gregorian calendar. 12:60 can also be seen as 6+6:60 or 666. might the mark of the beast be referring to this number that has come to unnaturally control our lives and disharmonize our world? Might the mark on the forehead be referring to not a literal mark but instead refer to how this false time ratio has fused with our minds? I think the mark on the hand refers to wrist watches. Just a hunch. Either way, I think it's more than obvious it's time to let go of these calender and clocks and enter timelessness through the natural 13:20 time ratio.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemur

Thank you for that contribution.
My first thought, in reaction, is the historical one, that materialism was developing before our current calendar came into use. And in fact our time and date systems are just tools for co-ordinating us with other people. Our materialism is the side-effect of doing business with each other, and spending too much thought on what we can gain from that.

I'm expecting to look at the Mark in a couple of weeks. I would see it in terms of expressing loyalty to the Beast.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
there's a real interesting theory that the AntiChrist will be Muslim (their '12th Imam') and the false prophet will be a fake Jesus (the Islamic belief is that Jesus--Issa Ben Maryam--did not die, and will shortly return).

www.amazon.com...

this helps explain the prophecy that martyred saints will be beheaded (Sharia law prescripts such a punishment, and they are being done today).
also explains how that part of the world is involved.

theory; a new Caliphate will pressure Europe to convert (or be more submissive) to Islam to continue to receive petroleum (which the West desperately needs).

at the end, the theory goes, a Chinese/Indian force ('Kings of the East') will march to the Middle East to make their own claim for oil.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by works4dhs]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Perhaps the "Islam" theory has a lot going for it. I don't think it necessarily clashes with my own theory about how the power of the Beast actually arises (after the world-catastrophe of ch6, I suggested in my previous thread).
I do know that one of the Muslim members of this site, only recently, was pushing the thought that Issa-ben-Miriam would be coming, and sorting out the Christians. I made comments on his thread at the time.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The beast out of the sea has authority over all nations lands and tongues - www - more or less, I'm exercising all its authority on my behalf. The virality of my memeset is dependent on the receptivity of my initial audience, which increases everyday.

Neither the mythical antichrist nor the misunderstood parousia (one and the same) will be outted overnight with trumpets blaring. A thief in the night does not announce his presence, he merely slips in, does the stealing and sneaks out. What you consider to be the second coming is the house owner, BABYLON, waking up in the morning to see that I have rendered all institutions and inferior technology useless.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki11
The beast out of the sea has authority over all nations lands and tongues - www - more or less, I'm exercising all its authority on my behalf. The virality of my memeset is dependent on the receptivity of my initial audience, which increases everyday.

I will reserve judgement until I see that your authority has extended worldwide.
Then, as I understand the text, my Biblical duty will be to defy you, and your Biblical duty will be to kill me.
If you can get to me before the other antichrist candidate does.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Actually your duty is to exercise, to the best of your ability, DISCERNMENT
Mine is to weed out scoffers and lukewarm from The Chosen and The Elect.

I don't think I will be killing anyone personally, although I'd cetainly like to, see my myspace blog...

Do you think its weird that Glorious Appearing and The Omega Code 2, ostensibly representative of Christian belief, both portray Christ as a nationalistic genocidal douche?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.-2Thess2

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Do you think its weird that Glorious Appearing and The Omega Code 2, ostensibly representative of Christian belief, both portray Christ as a nationalistic genocidal douche?

If these are films, I can't comment, because I've never been a film watcher.
I've no idea whether that is the way they portray him, or whether that's just your take on it.
The Biblical portrayal of Jesus is neither nationalistic nor genocidal.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Yeah, see, you gotta use discernment, because the antichrist myth has been orchestrated to look just like the second coming, (limited only to the imagination of Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye) but my people will recognize that I'm doing God's will...even if they are incredulous at first hearing my claims...and that's good, I don't want the allegience of the undiscerning, blind faith...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

That text is actually rather appropriately chosen

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yeah, see, you gotta use discernment, because the antichrist myth has been orchestrated to look just like the second coming, ... but my people will recognize that I'm doing God's will...even if they are incredulous at first hearing my claims...and that's good, I don't want the allegience of the undiscerning, blind faith...

This is true, the Antichrist would by definition claim to be the second coming.
I believe you are claiming to be the second coming?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.-Gal6.3

Now the Lord is the Spirit-2Cor3.17

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.-Gal6.3

Once again, this one hits the spot.
Although, as you well know, there is more than one such person on this site.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

If these are films, I can't comment, because I've never been a film watcher.
I've no idea whether that is the way they portray him, or whether that's just your take on it.
The Biblical portrayal of Jesus is neither nationalistic nor genocidal.

I KNOW! That's why I get seriously PO'd, as if Christ hasn't been dragged through the mud enough, what with Churchianity taking over The Way.

Tim LaHaye's Left Behind Concludes with this:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Jesus Christ returns to Earth in power and glory followed by the armies of heaven, slaying the armies of the Global Community with the Word of God in the four final battles of the Apocalypse, leading to a final confrontation with Antichrist in Jerusalem"

Lindsey, as a consultant, decided that my advent would manifest as a Lightning bolt that kills non-Americans - ironically the AC summons lightning earlier in the movie to scare non-believers:

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Omega_Code_2

"At this boast, a bright white light lances down into ruins of the headquarters and begins dropping meteors of light upon the battlefield. Every enemy soldier is killed, while all of the allied survivors remained untouched and freed from their bonds."

THINK ABOUT IT - When Christ returns - WHAT USE ARE CHURCH LEADERS?

Will they yield all that authority to me, give up their tithes and mega-churches?

No, they will accuse me of being the AC - a title only I could fulfill...that's why the incessant debate and speculation about the AC is stupid. Sure about 99% of world leaders meet a majority of the characteristics of antichrist (the biblical definition) but no...not quite.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Kalki11]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
when you decide to consider the 'MARK'.of the beast

take the literal Deutsch Mark, monetary unit, associated with NAZI
& fascist governmant models as being the literal 'Mark' used by the anti-crist populations.

i overlook your critique of my earlier post on page 1

i read your ideas, & this/they are nothing new or radical...
as i said... even the NAZI era with the Hitler (nostradamus' 2nd AC)
is an overworked meme in the line of thought that that chapter in history is the precurser model for what will transpire in the 7 year Tribulation era

"baffle 'em with BS" is the slogan i find exemplifying itself all across the spectrum of thought & action

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

My interpretation of Armageddon is that it is a spiritual battle, not a physical one. The battle is a metaphor. But there is plenty of time to get into that question when the series gets that far.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

when you decide to consider the 'MARK'.of the beast

take the literal Deutsch Mark, monetary unit, associated with NAZI
& fascist governmant models as being the literal 'Mark' used by the anti-crist populations.

I'll bear the suggestion in mind.
In about a fortnight, I think.
I've decided to tackle "666" first.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join