It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admit it; some of you will be disappointed if this isnt an extinction level event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think people that aren't having to deal with this situation on a daily basis do not understand why you and others are watching this so close. There is a chance that anything is possible and could go bad really quick.

Which is EXACTLY why threads talking about an ELE and the SEA FLOOR COLLAPSING and "EVACUATION IMMINENT" are bull####### that need to be called out. Because some of us LIVE DOWN THERE and dont need unfounded FEAR and LIES from a bunch of self-congratulatory ZOMGers.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I think people that aren't having to deal with this situation on a daily basis do not understand why you and others are watching this so close. There is a chance that anything is possible and could go bad really quick.

Right....someone might think that because I check the cams daily, I'm obssessed, or "a doomer".....quite the contrary.....I HOPE all is well....but since it is on my doorstep, I want to see for myself, because I don't trust the word of an entity whose priorities are "money first, public safety second". If I lived far away, I might not be as interested, though I would still care, It's all relative.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Which is EXACTLY why threads talking about an ELE and the SEA FLOOR COLLAPSING and "EVACUATION IMMINENT" are bull####### that need to be called out. Because some of us LIVE DOWN THERE and dont need unfounded FEAR and LIES from a bunch of self-congratulatory ZOMGers.

I agree with that Dood....for an example, all you have to do is go to GLP LOL! You just have to sort through so much to find the truth. I admit I was a nervous wreck for a while from reading all that kind of thing. But living so close, I couldn't stop reading because "what if"........... BP put us in the position of being scared and not knowing what to believe, and left people grasping for straws and trying to find answers on thier own.......which led to misinformation and wild speculation..... they could have stopped it long ago by just coming clean.....but that won't happen anytime soon....until they are dragged into court.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

i dont think anyone has claimed you are a 'doomer', kat.

I am referring specifically to all the fear-based threads i have previously listed that have made all sorts of absurd, baseless claims about mass evacuations being imminent, only to scurry back into their holes with no apology to those down there when they turned out to be totally baseless.

I agree with that Dood....for an example, all you have to do is go to GLP LOL! You just have to sort through so much to find the truth. I admit I was a nervous wreck for a while from reading all that kind of thing. But living so close, I couldn't stop reading because "what if"........... BP put us in the position of being scared and not knowing what to believe, and left people grasping for straws and trying to find answers on thier own.......which led to misinformation and wild speculation..... they could have stopped it long ago by just coming clean.....but that won't happen anytime soon....until they are dragged into court.

you posted the same time i did :-)

yeah. But i'm just as annoyed at those here on ATS who spread fear through those threads, who never apologized for it one bit when it turned out to be completely baseless.

also, whats GLP? Oh, right, godlike productions. yeah, that place sucks worse than here.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

LMAO! I don't know if you ever watched OLD SNL when Gilda Radner did that character "Rosanne Rosanadana"....she would go on and on about something she knew nothing about and rant and rave..... till someone pointed out that she knows nothing about what she's talking about, then she would just say "Oh...............nevermind"...that's what those people remind me of. If you have never seen it, look it up on youtube LOL!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Important OP!

You made my friends list for that alone!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I don't know why I waste my time in thoughtful responses when all I have to do is rehash an old idea, make an accusation or two and get stars for it. I might pose some irrelevant antagonistic attack on anyone at all, maybe like

Admit it; some of you will be disappointed if this isn't an extinction level event
and see if I can get some stars from whoever is sitting comfortably on the other side of the fence.
Thanks for the trick. I'll try it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: I can't spell.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I don't know why I waste my time in thoughtful responses when all I have to do is rehash an old idea, make an accusation or two and get stars for it. I might pose some irrelevant antagonistic attack on anyone at all, maybe like

Admit it; some of you will be disappointed if this isn't an extinction level event
and see if I can get some stars from whoever is sitting comfortably on the other side of the fence.
Thanks for the trick. I'll try it.

I know, all those threads predicting IMMINENT DOOM started just to get some stars and flags. And then, after the sea floor DOESNT collapse, and the Gulf ISNT EVACUATED and after there is ZERO evidence of corexitt raining down from clouds over the midwest, where do these people go? You know, after they frightened people who live there or have loved ones there, and after they attack anyone questioning their 'evidence' as 'schills' and then disappear forever without a single apology to those they scared or attacked.

Or are you saying you are one of those who was disappointed that this wasnt the ELE the ZOMG!ers predicted?

So, anytime you got one of those 'thoughtful responses' feel free to post it!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I don't understand you because the sarcasm is so thick. What is it you are trying to say? People hype things up beyond what's necessary? People get things wrong? What?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I don't understand you because the sarcasm is so thick. What is it you are trying to say? People hype things up beyond what's necessary? People get things wrong? What?

Nothing I say would be new to this thread. I have made my point quite clear. There's a few pages to read, feel free to gain some context.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Life is short. I'm picky, I'll pass.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Life is short. I'm picky, I'll pass.

ahh, but see, YOU made a claim about my intention that IS NOT supported by anything i have stated in this or any other thread.

THEN, you asked for clarification, which I gave, and NOW you say you dont have the time to read the response you requested.

You seem to fit the definition of a troll quite well.

You have nothing to add and are here to distract. If oyu dont have the time to read what you asked for, dont ask for it in the first place.

Methinks you may be one of those who spread fear and lies and never apologized. What other reason would there be for you to be so evasive and untruthful?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Your redundancy is a gift.
Trolls attack people not ideas.
Your thread is at the outset attacking people.
"Some of you will be..." Come on.
If you have a thought or some idea can't you express it without attacking individuals and telling them what they think, feel, will like or not like?
The premise is ridiculous to begin with.
Some people want an extinction level event.
How do you know what people want?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Your redundancy is a gift.
Trolls attack people not ideas.
Your thread is at the outset attacking people.
"Some of you will be..." Come on.
If you have a thought or some idea can't you express it without attacking individuals and telling them what they think, feel, will like or not like?
The premise is ridiculous to begin with.
Some people want an extinction level event.
How do you know what people want?

my 'premise' was in response to those who started threads predicting things that never came to pass.

as someone who has family in the Gulf, i find it very distasteful to post such nonsense and call it FACT.

you seem intent upon attacking what you THINK I am saying, and yet havent taken the time to actually READ what I have said. If you did, and read the numerous threads i link to as examples, you would probably agree with me.

its okay to admit you jumped the gun. I wont hold it against you. You seem like a smart feller.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No, I for one will be relieved..............I hope the Gulf of Mexico survives this catastrophe and bounces back.

Has humanity learned from this mistake though?

Have we all learned that this type of event is what occurs when the greedy people are allowed to run amok with no checks or balances?

That this type of stuff will continue to happen until the majority of good, honest, decent people dethrone the small handful of thugs currently running the show.

Business cannot continue as usual mankind has got to grow up.

Read my signature.

edit on 15-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

OK, I started some threads that were a bit hysterical and the events didn't turn out as extreme as I thought. I'm sorry I jumped the gun. I misjudged the seriousness of the situation. I made a mistake! How many more times do you want to hear it?

Now will you just let it go and move on and quit trolling and STFU. You have your acknowledgment and your apology. I have no control over the others that misjudged the situation; perhaps they will respond, perhaps not but....It's Time to move on don't you think? Why are you so obsessed about this to keep bumping a thread just to fuss with other members over trivia.

I agree with you on so many other issues, politics in particular but This one isn't over until the truth and final effects are known, but I have let it go until more information comes forth.

If it's stars and flags you're after....I gave them to you!!!

edit on 15-9-2010 by whaaa because: grammar

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i was merely responding to the other poster who kept pestering me.

sorry you took it personally.

i let the thread die a while ago, but folks keep responding.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In no way do I want to get in the middle of a dispute LOL....but I understand what Dood was trying to say. I live in New Orleans, and for a while there, I was so nervous and upset, I couldn't sleep or eat.....because there was so much out there predicting all kinds of horrible things. After doing some research, I was able to find out what was BS and what were facts.....he is referring to those who do no research on a subject, then come on here posting that " BULLETIN!!!! BP is secretly planning on setting off a nuke next week LEAVE NOW while you can!!!!!!
Just things like that. Things are stressful here already, so it is irresponsible for people to post such things, when they have no idea what the truth is. I know it is the reader's responsibilty to not believe everything you read, but it still puts the thought in your head, and that causes anxiety. Anyway, not taking sides, but I do understand what he means. My poor Mom was having panic attacks, I had to make her stop reading anything about it......

edit on 16-9-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

We need alarmists. I have no problem with alarmists. I do not think people who jump the gun should be penalized criticized or chastised.
In events which have never happened before and where you are setting precedents for future action, every consideration and possibility, no matter how wild, far fetched or off the wall MUST be brought to fore and either dismissed or verified. This is not only healthy but necessary.

There will be wrong conclusions but it will be the one you never thought of, suspected, or saw coming, that hits you broadside. Everything that MIGHT happen should be mentioned and considered in the event that it does happen.

I do understand your complaint. People should not deliberately whip up fear, exaggerate or make up facts. Other people will listen and may be disproportionately or unduly frightened. Even worse, people may re-act inappropriately or foolishly based on misinformation. Remember War of the Worlds?

So misinformation is never good but on websites like this, it is stock and trade. Here is where truth and fabrication are analyzed and revealed in healthy debate.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

We need alarmists. I have no problem with alarmists. I do not think people who jump the gun should be penalized criticized or chastised.

"we need alarmists"? We need people spreading fear and disinformation?

No, I disagree. You are defending ignorance. Read this thread and see the nonsense and fear mongering you are defending.
edit on 9-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join