It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admit it; some of you will be disappointed if this isnt an extinction level event

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thank you for illustrating my point so perfectly.

Have fun shootin' zombies!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

LAME statement, try again I dont shoot zombies I prefer an asteriod or comet destroy the zombies home....

And a thread I seen today on ATS related to what I was sayen -Scientists have found signs of an oil-and-dispersant mix under the shells of tiny blue crab larvae in the Gulf of Mexico, the first clear indication that the unprecedented use of dispersants in the BP oil spill has broken up the oil into toxic droplets so tiny that they can easily enter the foodchain.-

EAT UP OP AND MABEY I WILL CATCH YOU LATER WITH A PRETTY RED STAR

[edit on 7/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So its all over and we are fearmongering huh?
I just hope you are right and absolutely nothing happens to the gulf-central america-southern states-rest of the world.
Besides, who cares, next thing will be US/SK nuking NK, or Israthieves nuking Iran.
Or, hey, it might all come together and we all be wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me at how so many here seem to think that by saying, for example, that they dont think this is the end of the world, that it somehow means they are saying 'everything's fine'.

How you miss the massive amount of space in between those two extremes is beyond me.

No one has said this is no big deal.

just observing how many here seem obsessed with ELE scenarios, and have no desire to listen to reasoned debate.

Oh well.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I refuse to believe that I still can't go out and shoot zombies, regardless if the well is capped.

Tabloid journalism (I cringe every time I try to use the word 'journalism') will continue to create zombies. Undetered. Unrepentant. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will continue bo be funding by taxpayer dollars to destroy the economy.

Say, did you know that when Stalin died, and his body laid in the Kremlin, over 1500 Russians were crushed to death in the melee of Russians rushing in to see the body one last time? Yep, the guy who ordered the execution of more than twenty million Russians was a hero to the end for the Russian people. I think it says something about the effectiveness of a totalitarian government to create zombies out of formerly sentient beings.

No, I do not for one second believe the shooting of zombies will ever cease in America. There will always be a good crisis to take full advantage. When there is a cap on the well, there will be other zombies coming forth.

Take my word for it. People love paranoia. It's like watching grade B horror movies at the drive-inn theaters.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fred call

in your rush to be a snarky contrarian, you appear to have missed the point entirely.

im not surprised.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I confess I thought this disaster would be much worse but I never ever hoped for an ELE. In fact I prayed for it not to be.
It's not the end of the world. But for some people in business along the GOM it's the end of their financial world. Where is your compassion and concern for them? Instead you want to minimize and make light of the situation by constantly making with the ZOMG references. Addressing just a small fraction of over the top post. That's your point isn't it?

I would imagine there are plenty of businessmen and women that are actually going "Oh my God, what are are we going to do" that is their reality. Apparently your reality is different in that you prefer to address the trivial alarmist attitudes of a few members; And ignore the very real human devastation. I don,t know what your motives are but they seem Shallow and mean spirited in my opinion!

I for one prefer to spend my efforts in helping those in trouble with my time and money and encouraging others to do the same. There are homeless people on the GOM as a result of this spill because their livelihood has been destroyed and there is plenty of reallife drama there that needs to be taken care of. It's not a ZOMG momet; the time for debate is over; now it's just time for compassion and to lend a helping hand as BP seems to be stonewalling on their promises.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ok so the cap is on, and then there is this big oil leak in MI flood in mid east, oil leak in China, food chain in Gulf could be toxic, could the big one hit in Cal, US SK play war games, us gives green light to Israel, on a personal not note my car died my gf is having a panic attack, lost my book marks, and still do not have job, all i have to say is, next!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

It's not the end of the world. But for some people in business along the GOM it's the end of their financial world.

And yet there are NUMEROUS threads started in this forum predicting exactly that. And anyone who dared to question them is called a shill.

Where is your compassion and concern for them? Instead you want to minimize and make light of the situation by constantly making with the ZOMG references. Addressing just a small fraction of over the top post. That's your point isn't it?

I've been quite clear about what my point is. I am sick and tired of th eZOMG!ers who post unsubstantiated nonsense, and attack anyone who asks reasonable questions.

As for your hand-wringing about my 'compassion' for the residents of the Gulf: I tend to think that those who start threads predicting a total EVACUATION and an ELE are being a heck of a lot less 'compassionate' for those who actually liver down there (I have a lot of family in Florida, and posts like that concern me greatly).

I would imagine there are plenty of businessmen and women that are actually going "Oh my God, what are are we going to do" that is their reality. Apparently your reality is different in that you prefer to address the trivial alarmist attitudes of a few members; And ignore the very real human devastation. I don,t know what your motives are but they seem Shallow and mean spirited in my opinion!

And I am not denying that people's livlihoods are being lost. My point, which i have already clearly outlined numerous times in this thread and others, is that NONE of the Worst Case Scenarios have played out, NONE of the threads not only predicting evacuation, but reporting it as FACT have been true. NOT ONE!!

So am i 'mean spirited' for wanting to wade through the ego-fueled nonsense to get to useful evidence?

I for one prefer to spend my efforts in helping those in trouble with my time and money and encouraging others to do the same. There are homeless people on the GOM as a result of this spill because their livelihood has been destroyed and there is plenty of reallife drama there that needs to be taken care of. It's not a ZOMG momet; the time for debate is over; now it's just time for compassion and to lend a helping hand.

The time for debate is over? The time for debate is never over. We STILL have no idea what happened, is happening, or will happen.

My point ALL ALONG, is that those who spread fear and lies do more harm to the peopel of the Gulf than those who dare to ask informed questions.

But you appear to be one who thinks ATS is just an echo chamber
for fear mongers. I disagree, and i aint going anywhere.

But I am still actively awaiting the apologies from the NUMEROUS posters in this subforum who have spread fear and lies and MASS EVACUATIONS, sea floor collapse being 'imminent', poorly-execute tests being called 'scientific', etc etc etc etc etc...

The list goes on on and. Those who put their ego before everything else wish to flood this subforum with drama. I come here to read good, factual reports and to piece together a sotry that makes sense and contains reference-able facts.

If you want ATS to be nothing but a depot for the most unsubstantiated paranoia that is your choice, but i will actively work against that.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
S&F

We are of one mind, my friend. (OP)

It seems the explosion of fiery doom and pain and badness may not be coming, and that fanciful unicorns won't be the surviving species.

Unfortunately, this may come as a shock to some.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Or he's just trying to rationalize why people on this board take any positive note and turn it into an apocalyptic prophecy of doom and suffering and evilness.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Yes, you know, I'm wondering where all those folks are who started threads with lots of exclamation points about IMMINENT EVACUATION and WELL HEAD JUST COLLAPSED and SEA FLOOR COLLAPSE IMMINENT!!!!!!!!!!!! went to. Or their minnions who voraciously attacked anyone who dared ask informed questions that shot holes int heir pronouncements.

No apologies to those of us who live down there or have family down there. No mia culpa for jumping the gun. Nope. Their xcuse seems to be 'this is a conspiracy site' as if that means you never have to be accountable for your words.

Here is but a small sampling of the ZOMG!er threads that proved to be absolutely 100% false.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hopefully this event will help to drill some common sense into a good portion of ATSers.

I just won't keep high hopes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Fred, I have no desire to keep you from your god-given right to go blast zombies.

have fun

:-)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by icepack

i think theres alot of fake anguish & hand wringing in this forum. I guess people come to forums to let off steam they can harang the companies involved , criticize the gvt response , cry fake tears for the oil covered dolphins etc

of course its terrible for those involved but im not this time
I can rubber neck this one like most others who visit this forum.

one thing that has dispointed me is the lack of oil covered , i mean caked , beaches & animals. Not enough coastal impact for my liking. Still its not over yet.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by yeti101]

After reading your posts, I had the overwhelming urge to unload a string of obscenities .....however, I'll take the high road, and simply say....I hope none of these things which you find so entertaining never happen to you. Good luck. I mean that.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

StealthyKat; Your response is right on. Disaster is an individual situation, regardless how large or minor the scale. If an 18 wheeler misses a corner and drives through a house, it is an ELE for the residents.
It is said that at a point in history, humans were almost eliminated. Real ELE.
But rats and cockroaches did just fine. Everything is perspective.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimplyGord

StealthyKat; Your response is right on. Disaster is an individual situation, regardless how large or minor the scale. If an 18 wheeler misses a corner and drives through a house, it is an ELE for the residents.

No. You are incorrect. An 'Extinction' is the death of en entire species. Not a household. There is no such thing as a 'minor scale' extinction.

This is NOT an ELE, and your example is very, very wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think people that aren't having to deal with this situation on a daily basis do not understand why you and others are watching this so close. There is a chance that anything is possible and could go bad really quick.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No such thing as minor extinctions? There are tons of pigeons but no passengers. Not a total extinction of species but of subs.
Think Hadfields and McCoys.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimplyGord

No such thing as minor extinctions? There are tons of pigeons but no passengers. Not a total extinction of species but of subs.
Think Hadfields and McCoys.

Yes, your example was wrong. A family dying is not an 'extinction level event', even for that family.

Feel free to look up the definition of "Extinction' yourself some time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join