It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM weekend conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It seems to me that there is not as much news reported on the weekends. MSM websites aren't updated as frequently. There only reall seems to be "feel good news" on the MSM channels.

Is this becuase more people have time to watch the news because it is the weekend? Or, is it because the MSM doesn't have as many people working since it is the weekend? Is it because there is less important things happening?

I think it is because there are more people that are able to watch the news on the weekend and the MSM doesn't want more people to know what is going on. After all, the weekends are meant for rest and relaxation, right?

I like watching the news on TV and checking it on the internet, but it seems that every weekend there is less and less actual news being reported and I don't find out about it until monday (unless it is here on ATS of course).

As bad as the MSM already is, it seems there is some sort of conspiracy as to not allow as much news on the weekends as is on during the week. I'm probably just reading into this way too much, but I'm sick of nothing of any importance being reported on the weekends unless it is huge breaking news.

The news on the weekends always seems to be the same re-hashed news that was on friday, just with different news anchors.

Check it out for a couple of weeks and let me know what you think

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think that’s because government never really does anything on a weekend and most business and the markets are closed. I don’t think its evidence of any conspiracy because we do get news on the weekends. I just clicked on the BBC news for a few examples and found there has been a bomb in Iraq and some stuff about BP.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Is it a conspiracy or is the news just a monday through friday business like everything else? The latter would be my guess. I have figured out that nothing big (disasters, meltdowns, economic news) ever happens on the wekends. ATS weekends are for catch-up not new news.
Actually I think it is a conspiracy, now that I put it to words and know that the weekends are time off for the puppet masters too.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by SunnyDee]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
weekends are slow newsdays indeed.

One-armed man charged with unarmed robbery.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yes. Good observation. This seems to be a long-standing tradition. Then the "news" cycle picks up after the usual suspects make their rounds of the Sunday morning shows. It's sort of a half joke that any major announcements or erm uh disasters never occur on Fridays because they wouldn't get a lot of attention.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Yes, it does seem that TPTB might get a little time off too. I think it is kind of funny that even TPTB need to take a break from their hectic planning and NWO business to go watch little league games and fish

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You're all missing the obvious...

I work at a mid-market midwest news station. Due to budget cutbacks, there are not enough resources to fully staff news stations on the weekend. Also, almost all newsmakers have the weekend off.

No newsmakers = less news.

That usually leads to more fluff since more benefits/family activities happen on the weekends.

Don't worry...we hate it, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Due to budget cutbacks, there are not enough resources to fully staff news stations on the weekend."

You got it. Especially since less and less people are watching and believing their incessant superficial nonsense.

top topics

join