It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22/12/2012, The Day After.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sorry I know there are bound to be loads of threads on ATS about this but it want to speculate and ask about this date, the day after the world is supposed to end.

I personally don’t believe that anything is going to happen I think I’ll be at home, not really doing much peppering for the festivities. I was wonder though could even the phenomenon of 2012 cause the world to change in some way or do you think it will be like Y2K all over again with lots of people getting very worried, coverage in the press and then nothing happens.

And if something does happen how you imagine the day after, what do you think the world will look like, will we still be here. Could we all be enlightened or will we be slaves to a NWO, could it be simply that we will no longer be here. I personally think nothing will happen and I’ll be on ATS asking for an explanation as to why nothing happened.

That brings be on to another point, with all the prophecies on ATS if nothing happens will they admit that they are all wrong and give up on attempting to make prophecies. Speaking of ATS how many new users do you think 2012 will generate, I would say a hell of allot and i think we owe it to those new users to be realistic about 2012 and stop the scare mongering.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
have a read of these dude. checkout all the links!

2012time2growup.ning.com...

and

wecreatethelove.ning.com...

i found them very informative and eye opening!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Thank you for posting I’ll have a look at your links later on if i get time. I am curious though as to your personal views on this.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The more I've looked into it, the more stories keep poppin' up.
First it was Nibiru, or the Annukai or whatever.
Then it was NWO, and that it will start or something.
Also things like a pole shift, where the world will turn in opposite ways or something.
Now I'm reading about solar flares from the sun which will knock out all satelites and knock out the worlds electricity, meaning were back to the stone age.

So many people saying so many different things, it's hard to believe anyone is telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vanhippi

Yeah I would agree with that, in fact that’s the problem i have with quite a lot of conspiracies, 9/11 has the same problems for me. It would be interesting to get the views on people who believe in 2012 to answer some of my questions for despite my scepticism i am really interested in what they have to say.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

We should absolutely stop the scare mongering since there is nothing to fear.

This is a highly positive change that is coming.

It has nothing to with the year 2000. That year is not even mentioned in any of the ancient texts. It was humans getting worried about computer systems, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by vanhippi

Yeah I would agree with that, in fact that’s the problem i have with quite a lot of conspiracies, 9/11 has the same problems for me. It would be interesting to get the views on people who believe in 2012 to answer some of my questions for despite my scepticism i am really interested in what they have to say.

Have you watched some of the best documentaries, such as 9/11 Coincidences?

Digging out very old thread... clicky. Some links may not work anymore, but the parts are available on youtube under different URL:s otherwise.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Sorry can you be more specific especially in relation to the questions asked in the OP

EDIT: I don’t want to get into 9/11 i was just using it as a example.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

EDIT: I don’t want to get into 9/11 i was just using it as a example.

OK, what you said here made me think you wanted to:

Yeah I would agree with that, in fact that’s the problem i have with quite a lot of conspiracies, 9/11 has the same problems for me.

But alright, ignoring that topic...

Sorry can you be more specific especially in relation to the questions asked in the OP

There seems to be two schools of thought when it comes to 2012. You have one side talking about all kinds of negative stuff, such as Planet X, magnetic pole shift, mega storms, extinction event and so on. And you have another side talking about consciousness "upgrade", the Mayan calendar, humans progressing from the third dimension etc.

I have listened to both sides for several years, and found that the scare mongering around 2012 is absolute bogus. There is nothing in the ancient prophecies that talks about global disasters. They use the word Apocalypse which actually means "Revealing" and not End of the World. Everything points to 2012 being a very positive thing for most people.

One thing to note though is that there is a theory that human consciousness in the years leading up to 2012 will actually take a larger part in co-creating our reality. That means that if lots of people think there will be large disasters, we may actually help create that reality for ourselves.

Just read everything you can find about 2012 and make up your own mind. Its all very fascinating stuff.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I’ll be honest i don’t believe either side. If i had to pick i would chose the negative, reading through the threads they have a stronger argument but that’s just my take. What will it mean for you if nothing happens? Will you lose your faith in conspiracies?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I’ll be honest i don’t believe either side. If i had to pick i would chose the negative, reading through the threads they have a stronger argument but that’s just my take. What will it mean for you if nothing happens? Will you lose your faith in conspiracies?

If nothing happens in 2012, I will most likely never listen to prophecies about the future again. This is because 2012 is like the mother of all years. Its the year where humans are discovering the real world, so to speak. Its being mentioned in so many different prophecies and ancient cultures from all over the world, from the Mayas, the Hopis and others.

But conspiracies is another matter. They exist and have always existed in our history. Its in the human nature to hide the truth when its inconvenient or dangerous for yourself to have it on public display.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I dont think it will happen overnight, I think if anything happens it all began a long time ago and it will all add up, you know?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I personally think nothing will happen and I’ll be on ATS asking for an explanation as to why nothing happened

That brings be on to another point, with all the prophecies on ATS if nothing happens will they admit that they are all wrong and give up on attempting to make prophecies.

No, those that make the 2012 prophecies won't stop making prophecies. I have a hunch that here in the next year or so, you'll start hearing about a new date. by the time that 2012 has come and gone, that date will have been forgotten and all the New Agers will be focusing on another, saying that they read the Mayan calender wrong, our space buddies decided not to come because we're hostile, or something else.

The same thing happened before. I remember 2000 was the first 2012 so to speak. Before 2000 came, some had already started focusing on 2012 as the real date. The same thing will happen. They'll just keep moving the goalpost. Of course, there will be those that go down with the 2012 ship, but they'll just hover under the water for a little bit and then spring back up with the time is right, when they've been forgotten about and they'll just carry on with the new set of dates.

Speaking of ATS how many new users do you think 2012 will generate, I would say a hell of allot and i think we owe it to those new users to be realistic about 2012 and stop the scare mongering.

I think that ATS has already gotten a ton of new users because of 2012!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I will simply be on my rooftop picking off the zombies that became infected by the passing comet.
Although I will probably use a pellet gun to make the fun last.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I dread that day, 12/22/2012. I'll be standing in a long line at the mall, finishing up some last minute Christmas shopping. So in other words that day will be no different than the past.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I dont think it will happen overnight, I think if anything happens it all began a long time ago and it will all add up, you know?

I think that is what the 2012 profits will start to tell us when nothing happens.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Well I like skeptics cuz they keep things in persepective, but have you ever wondered why their are so many stories? I think there are so many stories so to cover up which one is really going to happen. I dont think all of them will happen thats just no possible but one of those things might happen..... If something horrible happens, I think the only ones to survive will be the military, scientist, mathematician astronomers and the politicians and of course all of their families honestly. They would just hide in those underground bases. Some of those bases are said to be 5 to 6 stories under ground, that can hold alot of people. But I personally think that will be the day of disclosure, Something might happen to where the governments of the world will have to tell us something, wheather they come and land or stay hoovered over are cities, I also believe that the government knows this is going to happen and that is why all the news reports of ufo and aliens have been in the msm. I think thats why stephen hawking came out and said what he said, and thats why the Vatican came out and said its ok to believe in aliens and that it in no way interfers with our beliefs in god. Thats why they aired the ancient alien theory on history channel to get the population use to the idea, because the documentaries are very indepth. I think thats why Obama shut down the Nasa Program too, or maybe its because he knowingly bombed an alien base on the moon....?? I dont know whats going to happen but my intuition tells me something is going to happen! Hopefully not doom and gloom I got a 2 year old who will only be 4 in 2012 and I dont want anything to happen that will harm her.... but the calendar is said that, on that the day the world will end as we know it....it didnt say that it will end the world completely...just the way we know it as of now....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think that the whole 2012 thing is all miss-interperated. It originaly stated that 2012 is the "end of time", the end of one time and the begining of another, hence why the calander is circuler. When people read "end of time", the took it as the end of the world, the end of human civilisation, then linking anything with the date to try and connect the two.

If anything bad was to happen on the 21st/22nd, the most likly situation will be everyone pulling a sicky, hung over, and nothing will be running properly. Trains late, shops closed, etc etc.

If this does happen though it could bring out some sort of man-made disaster, people binging like mad the night before, no nurses or doctors to help out because there all hungover or still drunk and what not, lack of police to sort out the drunk looting the night before, can see where this is goin anywho.

So yea, 2012, the worst thing that can happen is too much beer.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Absolutely nothing is going to happen, there will be ALOT of new threads about the fact that nothing happened - some just rubbing it in the believers faces and some from believers claiming that it 'only happened to them because they are spiritually enlightened' or that 'it's the beginning of a gradual shift, now is when it get's interesting'

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

I think that is what the 2012 profits will start to tell us when nothing happens.
AGH! you found out the truth about me! just kidding, but seriously, 2012 prophets?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join