It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God testing me? Does he allow demonic attacks?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

God always answers prayer but the answer isnt always yes, especially for money or lust.

You do realize you just committed libel...right?

If I were to turn around right now and ask your god to ease my turbulent spirit, you honestly think he'd send down his moonbeams and set things right?
Power of prayer has been shown to stimulate parts of the brain related to immune system, meditation and self fulfillment, but it's still a human construct.
It's not "divine", it's the power of our will...it's humanity.
Those of us who are naturally disconnected from that part of humanity tend to look at things differently, because we choose to use the power of our own will, instead of externalizing things and giving up responsibility to our imaginary friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I personally don't believe in mental disorders. I believe in demon cohabitation. Mental disorders were made up by disbelievers who had to come up with an answer.

You are dangerous.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Demonic Possession is one of those things that usually cannot be seen.

If you are a committed Christian / Born Again Christian / Baptist etc., then you will realise just how real this is.

Derek Prince did some very good Deliverance sermons / books / videos / tapes and you can see those on YouTube is you do a search.

Little things down to being an Alcoholic or constantly biting your nails are all Demonic. The worst place to be is a hospital because when people die, these spirits need to find another body to go into. So the spirit of Alcohol needs a body and throat to consume it etc.

There is tons of stuff in the Bible about this and Jesus did command all his disciples to go out and get rid of these spirits from people. Epeleptic Fits and all sorts of illnesses are all down to evil sprits, it's very real once you know what to look for and you can see them in other people too, or at least I can.

So start of with Derek Prince on YouTube and work from there, he explains it very simply and tells you how to get rid of them etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

There is tons of stuff in the Bible about this and Jesus did command all his disciples to go out and get rid of these spirits from people. Epeleptic Fits and all sorts of illnesses are all down to evil sprits, it's very real once you know what to look for and you can see them in other people too, or at least I can.

Are you aware there is a scientific explanation for the cause of epileptic seizers (one that appears far more plausible than the Demons explanation)?

Do you find it odd that God created Demons in the first place? Or that he sits back and watches while evil creatures cross over from one dimension to another with the intent to corrupt and harm inferior beings?

[edit on 19/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Demonic Possession is one of those things that usually cannot be seen.

Usually? Certainly not proven. There is no yard stick for how much demon you have in you. But then, the brain is not something you can stick a prong into and determine just what demons lurk in there.

If you are a committed Christian / Born Again Christian / Baptist etc., then you will realise just how real this is.

And if you are qualified in actual methods in determining what cognitive behavioural misguidance someone may have or where an imbalance lies within them, you can see how claiming it is 'the devil' making them do it is addressing the problem from an entirely reckless angle.

Little things down to being an Alcoholic or constantly biting your nails are all Demonic. The worst place to be is a hospital because when people die, these spirits need to find another body to go into. So the spirit of Alcohol needs a body and throat to consume it etc.

How simplistic and childish. How BC.

The devil makes them do it, and since no priest can heal them and they choose not to heal themselves, put them to death to save their souls. You are but a step away from that logic. At least from what I just read.

So start of with Derek Prince on YouTube and work from there, he explains it very simply and tells you how to get rid of them etc.

Ugh, jesus did nothing. Mad men in history claimed many things. Mad men claimed victory over the sick. Not because they healed them, but because they were the ones left to tell the tales.

This thread scares the crap out of me. That people still believe this stuff. No, actually, more than scares.. Infuriates me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I am only stating what it says in the Bible and if you care to question it, then that's up to you guys?

I don't understand it either but I try to accept it when I cannot see a scientific explanation to things!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hi LightofLiberty

All the experiences you are describing are attributed to the positive symptoms of your Schizophrenia.

The coincedences you are experiencing are most likely what Psychiatrists call 'Delusions/ideas of reference' which are very common in psychotic disorders such as Schizophrenia.

Ideas of reference and delusions of reference involve people having a belief or perception that irrelevant, unrelated or innocuous phenomena in the world refer to them directly or have special personal significance. In psychiatry, delusions of reference form part of the diagnostic criteria for psychotic illnesses such as schizophrenia[1], delusional disorder, or bipolar disorder during the elevated stages of mania.

Wiki

It might be wise to see your Psychiatrist or Care Team for a medication review and early intervention before you find yourself caught up in a full blown psychotic break.

Skitz

[edit on 19-7-2010 by skitzspiricy]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Some bizarre things followed that make me believe I was demonically attacked to alter the course of my life.

Same here- but a different flavor. I had what I consider far worse than some demon popping up and screaming 'ooga booga'. I literally had my my life torn to pieces.. it's STILL screwed up in ways I cant figure out. I'm a fly trapped in amber, basically. I can do nothing to further my life, no matter how hard I try, and yet, I don't slip completely into destruction.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey OP,

I'm not getting involved in this mud-slinging religious garbage but if you want some more information on demons, take a look at this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope it helps you a bit.

Cheers!

PS - and that being said, anyone that follows that link, don't bring your religious crap onto my demons thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

you really need to study how the brain works. deny ignorance, please.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by wonderworld

God always answers prayer but the answer isnt always yes, especially for money or lust.

You do realize you just committed libel...right?

Yes these type always commit libel. It falls into their judgment set about why and what you are and what they are not. In short....they got to have a little list of not to do as not to incur the wrath of demons.

But in truth this is such a low level amateuristic approch and understanding level.

For one thing Jesus never asked about the reason someone thought thier loved one was possesed. And He never really gave classes about how to avoid this phenomena. Save.....and very interestingly....an obervation and warning that a house sweept clean of an evil sprit can be taken again after having been set in order, but empty, them more evil will return..." That is how it will be with this wicked generation"....this flesh ridden and gainsaying generation of religious acrobats.

People wonder whats wrong with this country today, why christiainty is under attack, and other questions social and moral......because years ago they swept the house clean, garnished it, set it in "order"...and the evil returned with others more wicked than the original sin and found the house empty.....so it is with this generation.

So they replaced anything real with little checklists..that amount to garlic on the front door, karma wheels, ect.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In my opinion, belief in fundamental religions sets people up for schizophrenia.

What you have is a cult that brainwashes kids into believing in mean, unseen beings who are watching them.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I share your utter contempt for some of the responses and `advice` being issued by *many Christians on this thread. *(Many but not all - i might add.)

It is extremely irresponsible and downright dangerous.

================================================

I`m sorry to say it , but a place like ATS ......is not a good place if your mind has a tendency to lurch towards a paranoid perspective.

Many many ATS members breath life into other peoples delusional thoughts. A simple throw-away statement like " you probably don't even have Schizophrenia. " can have detrimental consequences long after the poster hits `reply`.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am somewhat concerned that when somebody who admits to having a mental illness and says they have experienced strange things like demonic voices, in response there have been some who have said the only explanation is Demons.

I wish to stress that putting forth this opinion, and not putting forth the opinion that the OP should seek immeadiate medical attention and that they may be suffering symptons of their mental illness, is extremely irresponsible and potentially endangers the wellbeing of the OP.

I am further extremely concerned that since the OP posted their opening post, and since the posts made in response offering only explanations that are demons, the OP has not posted since.

I believe in the paranormal, but in doing so you rule out what are rational explanations first before accepting something as paranormal.

Telling a poster they are plagued by demons after someone who was diagnosed with schizophrenia has posted about having demonic encounters encourages fear and terror in the OP when they may be suffering symptons of their diagnosis and should seek medical attention.

Please, please be more responsible in your postings.

Your words can have consequences.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thank you for bringing sense into this thread.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by prophecywatcher

I personally don't believe in mental disorders. I believe in demon cohabitation.

I personally believe that people who believe in demon cohabitation are mentally disordered.

Unless, of course, the cohabitation is between consenting, adult demons.
[/quote

I can see you have a humorous side. Never thought you had it in you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

It's hard for some people to believe, like yourself, that things are not as imperfect as they might seem.

Really think about that and you MIGHT understand what I am trying to say.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
reply to post by Byrd

Thank you for bringing sense into this thread.

Parallex.

I think the only way to find sense in this thread, or progress, is to have someone like yourself, admit openly, that your life and beliefs are all based on FAITH.

That you are no better than the ones you condemn, and that you exhibit the same qualities that you detest in the ones you condemn.

Just admit it. You are no different.

If you keep ignoring me, and won't admit it; you are in denial.

I don't really care either way, it's your life. It's fine by me if you want to go on living a complete hypocritical lie, but it's sad that someone as capable and smart as you would go down that dark road.

I just see you attack the religious people with such intensity and confidence,and I have to bring it up to you that I am afraid you are exhibiting the same exact patterns that you hate about them.

I am not attacking you. I am pleading with you to find insight and realize that you are making a huge mistake with your approach to this subject.

I don't care what you believe, I just want you to openly admit your belief system is entirely faith based.

And if you apologized to those whom are just like you that you wrongly condemned, than I may find you to be one of the most respectable people I've ever seen post here.

Balls in your court friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by tonypazzo

It's hard for some people to believe, like yourself, that things are not as imperfect as they might seem.

Really think about that and you MIGHT understand what I am trying to say.

There is no difference between perfect and imperfect.

If everything is imperfect, well than it's perfectly imperfect.
But since that makes everything perfect, than it is imperfectly perfect.

It's like a quadruple paradox, if not deeper.

Or I could just be rambling.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What I was trying to say is that God is perfect and his creation was ment to be perfect. Satan makes us imperfect. He does this by making us believe things that are not true about ourselves and others. If you believe you are crazy and tha you have a mental disorder, then that's what you will have. But if you believe you don't, sincerely believe it, then you won't have it. It's all in the mind. Mind over matter. That is what Jesus taught us about faith. He said with faith we can move mountains. That means nothing is impossible for those who believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join