It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God testing me? Does he allow demonic attacks?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2008. The night before a lot of events happened I felt really good like something great was going to happen. The next morning I felt like I had been to heaven. There was enormous amount of joy that I felt, psychologically this is explained through mania, a feeling comparable to snorting coc aine, yet I did not do any drugs.

Some bizarre things followed that make me believe I was demonically attacked to alter the course of my life. Because of these things happening I had a diminished respect for God and I went from totally not believing to many other emotions and etcetera. During my schizophrenic episodes I experienced many things ranging from seeing five native americans in my living room to hearing demonic voice as well as hearing the most wonderful music I've ever heard.

Then a couple of nights ago I was feeling very down about everything and I prayed to God to help me. The next morning two people came to my house mistaking my house for my Uncle's and they were there to give him a Bible he ordered, I explained to them that he lives down the street. Then later on as I was building a website for a client my computer inexplicably and without my control popped up the website God.com.

It also funny that while under possible demonic attack my computer brought up websites related to the Illuminati and videos involving timothy leary and other stuff, somehow its like something is communicating through my computer when I'm at work.

So, am I being tested by God? Does he allow demonic attacks?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm glad to be the first to reply to this. God will allow things to happen unless you ask him for help. It is because of free will that he does not intervene in our personal affairs. So you must ask him to protect you and give you the strength to overcome this evil presence in the name of Jesus Christ. Get rid of any evil physical thing in your home that would prevent God from entering there and then ask him to give you the knowlege and strength to get rid of this evil entity. I know it can be done because I have done it many times. You must ask Jesus and his angels to help you, you cannot do it on your own.

Peace be with you!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i heard of two theories.

1. the devil and his demons have a "place" where they reign without interference from god.

2. nothing happens without gods will, not even the devil or demons can do anything to you, if god doesnt "allow" it. with this theory, its possible that god lets demons do their thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
One more thing. When I pray to get rid of evil entities, I visualize that my house is inside a protective bubble and then I prayed that God will send his ARMY of angels to surround the house and protect it and get rid of any thing that is evil inside the home (this is where it is important to get rid of any evil physical items you might have in your home, when you do this, God can get rid of the spiritual). Mydaughter and I heard noises and felt a presence coming from the closet. She felt it more than I. We prayed about it and that night I woke up and went to look at the closet. I saw a mysterious light coming from under the door. It was brighter than the sun and it appeared to move from left to right as if it were going into the closet wall. After that we had no strange feelings or sounds coming from the closet. So that proves to me that the spirit world is very real and angels will come to protect you if you ask for them.

Also your problems are in the beginning stage. It is important to get them out now as they will become more powerful over time and harder to deal with.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Rather than seeking help from Jesus and his angels
, you might be better off confiding in close family and friends . Your medication may need an adjustment .

But i do agree with prophecywatcher when she said" Get rid of any evil physical thing in your home "

They can clutter up a place in no time . You should have an Evil physical Thing Yard Sale .

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If angels would only protect us upon request we would be in big trouble and God doesn't need us to think of any bubbles around our House etc.

Pray in all honesty and from your heard.

May God be with you

link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Just wondering what stream of christianity do you adhere to? your advice is pretty well based on the bible.... I'd just want to add 1 crucial detail... the name of god is more important then the name of his son in this case...
schizoprhenia is a weird condition and I've pondered before wether demonic influences wouldn't explain alot...

What was the name of the bible your uncle got OP? If you feel like you are being bothered by demons you are probably right. trust your instincts kinda thing.. and as the first response pointed out, any artifacts in your home wich could even be remotely connected to anything spiritual needs to go... that also means any crosses you might own. The bible is very clear on this point. NOTHING made by man to symbolize something sacred is aproved by Jehovah god and could potentially be used as a doorway for demons/ fallen angels.

link   

I'm sorry, but you're schizophrenic. That illness does strange, incomprehensible things to your perception of, and interaction with the outside world.

You have not had a religious experience.

Also, God does not exist - God is the spawn of experiences like yours, encountered by people with insufficient faculties to explain them. Kind of an explanation of this entire thread.

Good luck getting well - but don't expect any help from God, it wont be forthcoming.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
While many of you don't agree with my methods. It does work. And if you have never been in the position to have an evil spirit in your home, you don't know what you might try. Believe me I have tried many different things. And I am so glad that many of you have never been under this sort of attack. But I have and I do know what works.

By the way thanks for all the replies.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
hey LightofLiberty sorry to hear about this....this is probably the worst thing on earth to have to deal with.....but prophecywatcher has some good advice....but just to had to what prophecy said...make sure you speak..pray...out loud and never forget to speak the name of Jesus....that is the most important thing to do. the name of Jesus has power and demonic spirits will move away. you must have recently been moving toward a spiritual choice in your life otherwise nothing would be happening....as long as a person is idol in his or her life living in the world satan will not mess with you...but when you start moving toward salvation and thinking about getting out of the Babylonion system he will send his troops in to attack spiritually. good luck to you light and i will send out my prayers as well to assist....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
God does allow Satan or demons to torment others as a test. The test will be if you will deny that there is a God.
God tested Job nearly to death, but I don't think he tests most of us to that extreme. Job lost his family, which can never be replaced. In the end he got a new wife and kids and he got his health and his wealth back. The only part of the story I don't really like is how he got a new family. If it happened to me I would not want a new family, I would want the one I already had.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

The Bible says that demons will flee just by the mention of the name Jesus. So that is why we pray in his name.

I am a nondenominational Christian. Thanks for asking.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Did the opening statement from LightofLiberty : " I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2008. " register with you at all ?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I personally don't believe in mental disorders. I believe in demon cohabitation. Mental disorders were made up by disbelievers who had to come up with an answer.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher

The Bible says that demons will flee just by the mention of the name Jesus. So that is why we pray in his name.

I am a nondenominational Christian. Thanks for asking.

Proverbs 18:10 (American Standard Version)

10 The name of Jehovah is a strong tower; The righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

The strength of gods name. however simply calling out his name wont do... one must truly choose to follow Jehovah god and reject the devil.

James 4:7 (American Standard Version)

7 Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Want some evidence that OP seeing native americans can truly come from demons?

Matthew 4:8 (American Standard Version)

8 Again, the devil taketh him unto an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

here satan showed Jesus the kingdoms of earth... did satan give Jesus the tour? no since they went to a high mountain it could not have been anything else then a vision. so demons are capable of showing men certain images...

@prophecywatcher.

I'd be interested if you could show me the bibleverse where it states to use Jesus name when dealing with demons.. I am not familiar with it..

BTW you are right when saying we need Jesus's name when praying but Jesus fullfills the role of mediator between god and man. When praying one should view Jesus as "the mailman". Without Jesus Christ we would not be able to pray to god...

[edit on 18/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
hey LightofLiberty sorry to hear about this....this is probably the worst thing on earth to have to deal with.....but prophecywatcher has some good advice....

Good advice? Are you serious?

This person needs psychiatric and medical help - not so called 'Spiritual Salvation'.

There is no God, so spiritual advice will only serve to convince this person that there are unseen, powerful forces at work. Not exactly a good thing to be suggesting to a Schizophrenic.

You religious people always do terrible harm when it comes to mental illness. You disgust me.

Parallex.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
hmm. You really hold to that notion that God does not interfere in our personal affairs? We also don't have true free will as in the sense we can do anything we want. Basically, its we choose to follow the Father or we go on our own path.

If believers have true free will; we could kill ourselves on our time, alter the course of events that father has in place, etc.

But to your method on the demonic attack. Yes, calling on the name Jesus will do the work. Remember demons can only come through by invite. The invite doesn't have to be "Can I dwell in you?" It can be through all types of sinful by-products.

Remember: Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

hey LightofLiberty sorry to hear about this....this is probably the worst thing on earth to have to deal with.....but prophecywatcher has some good advice....

This person needs psychiatric and medical help - not so called 'Spiritual Salvation'.

There is no God, so spiritual advice will only serve to convince this person that there are unseen, powerful forces at work. Not exactly a good thing to be suggesting to a Schizophrenic.

You religious people always do terrible harm when it comes to mental illness. You disgust me.

Parallex.

i guess if i was religious i could disgust you but im not. religion is man made and it disgust me. Jesus taught against religion and it was the religious people who killed him. so dont group me in with the delusion of some man made garbage that is ment to lead people away from the truth. i understand your thinking tho parallex. religion is deadly.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Mark 16:17

And those who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Parallex.

Pretty darn insulting the way you formulated that. So you say that even though humanity has century's upon century's of religious habits dealing with supernatural, the unseen and demonic possesions, This is all a load of BS? I bet your great-great grandpa would have wanted to give you a good smacking if he heard you say this..

Demons are as real as you and I. Only problem is that the way to get evidence for this is not something I'd wanna advice you to go try out...

Unless you are deadset on finding out wether this is true or not (for wich there will only be 1 possible outcome) you should not stick your nose up something you have absolutely no knowledge about and sprout such insulting remarks based on nothing then your own lack of experience..

[edit on 18/7/2010 by faceoff85]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join