It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to get mega military handout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah just google it and watch the vidoes. It almost likes like a force field the way it works but it isnt. The US wants it bad!!

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Interesting.

Anybody know something about this "Iron Dome" defense system?

In any case, it's nice to see the United States continue to fund Israel and their little war drum party they are having over there.

It seems the both current administrations are very, very good friends.

I certainly hope this is just sensationalism from Press TV, although I would not doubt that the US will give more aid to Israel at some point.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   

Interesting.

In any case, it's nice to see the United States continue to fund Israel and their little war drum party they are having over there.

I certainly hope this is just sensationalism from Press TV, although I would not doubt that the US will give more aid to Israel at some point.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir

link   
By the way, PRESSTV is CRAP. Its about as bad as DEBKA so take anything you see on there with a grain of salt. Like DEBKA, the stories on there are based on true events but the journalism is heavily sensationalized.

Interesting.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir

[edit on 18-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy
reply to post by tothetenthpower

And there I was thinking America is in a whole bunch of debt. Why can't Israel spend $2.775 billion of it's own money? I would be mad if I was American, although the UK probably works the same way...

Couldn't the $2.775 billion be better spent if you dropped the Palestinians food instead?

Is Israel gearing up for Iran?

Seems like the izzies could come up with the money on their own if they'd just tax the 'russian' mafia. With the money they make on drug manufacture and smuggling, sex slavery, internet fraud and extortion, and takeover of legitimate businessesm they'd not even notice the difference and anyway, that money comes from the us too. maybe they just like to get things wholesale?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

By the way, PRESSTV is CRAP. Its about as bad as DEBKA so take anything you see on their with a grain of salt. Like DEBKA, the stories on there are based on true events but the journalism is heavily sensationalized.

PressTV isn't any worse than say CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, NYT or even insert you western media outlet here. If you think otherwise, then you are clearly fooling yourself. In fact, I would say PressTV is far more trustworthy than these other media outlets, when it comes to certain issues, one being Israel.

--airspoon

[edit on 18-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Offhand, AFAIK, a quassam rocket is merely an aluminum tube with welded on fins, packed with ferilizer based propellant and whatever explosives are available for awarhead. I dont see why they would cost more an a hundred bucks a piece retail

I was including the Katyusha style rockets as well as the cheaper quassam rocket.

================================================

$ 100,000 to shot down a rocket worth a couple of hundred bucks - ..... maybe with somebody else's money.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Again,katyushas are really not that expensive either, I'd expect that the cost is under 500 bucks. Scuds go for about a 100k, but they are missiles and not simple unguided rockets. The point of spending a million to shoot down a thousand is none the less still valid and your point is still well made.
The real point is that a state that cant get along with other states surrounding it is an 'unnatural' state, one that cant exist on its own. Kinda like a crank addict, one can survive being one, but the cost to others in money and aggravation becomes greater with time and there is no real purpose to supporting a non sustainable selfish existance at the cost of ones own productive life. States exist to segregate like minded people that dont like to include outsiders and the success of the state depends on the realism that the state bases it's 'operating system' on, if you will. A non self sufficient state is a failed state in evolution. No matter how much one polishes a turd it's still a turd and the results are never satisfactory.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
PRESSTV is MUCH worse than Fox, CNN, NBC, Reuters, BBC, (insert name here). Like i stated before, its on par with DEBKA so if you think PRESSTV and DEBKA are valid news sources then have at it.

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by princeofpeace

By the way, PRESSTV is CRAP. Its about as bad as DEBKA so take anything you see on their with a grain of salt. Like DEBKA, the stories on there are based on true events but the journalism is heavily sensationalized.

PressTV isn't any worse than say CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, NYT or even insert you western media outlet here. If you think otherwise, then you are clearly fooling yourself. In fact, I would say PressTV is far more trustworthy than these other media outlets, when it comes to certain issues, one being Israel.

--airspoon

[edit on 18-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

On the Iron Dome System.
march 2009

The efforts reflect some limitations of the Israeli military, despite having Raytheon's Patriot missile in its arsenal. The Patriot, which can cost around $1 million apiece, is hardly a cost-effective way to knock down the $500 to $2,000 Katyusha rockets that Iran has been supplying to Hezbollah, said John E. Pike , director of GlobalSecurity.org, a defense research group in Alexandria, Va.

link

[edit on 18-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
PRESSTV is MUCH worse than Fox, CNN, NBC, Reuters, BBC, (insert name here). Like i stated before, its on par with DEBKA so if you think PRESSTV and DEBKA are valid news sources then have at it.

You are so full of it and you know it.

Debka is making stuff up EVERY SINGLE TIME. I know, I read it everyday.

Guess what I also read everyday? FOX, CNN, NBC, REUTERS, BBC, HAARETZ, and many others. I also read PRESSTV everyday. And guess what, THEY AREN'T MAKING STUFF UP. Most of what they report is reported in the western news outlets.

Saying Debka and Presstv are the same is just being a silly troll, which you are.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Israel is surrounded by countries that want them dead so we must help them with a good defense.

JHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is the funniest Pro-Zionist lobby comment I have ever seen on ATS.

Why do people want them dead?

hahaha

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Sky watcher

Israel is surrounded by countries that want them dead so we must help them with a good defense.

JHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is the funniest Pro-Zionist lobby comment I have ever seen on ATS.

Why do people want them dead?

hahaha

WEll from my experience, most likley because they smell much better than those that hate them.

But really can you go away now , because if you hate the izzies, I'll be forced to like them more and I really dont think they are any more likable than you. Thier beliefs are just as self centered and self serving as your are, actually mudhummud patterned his scheme on theirs and just schanged the part about who can join, because he didnt qualify otherwise. Then he offered to let the izzies let him be their new king and for some reason they said FU and ever since he's had a kind of a 'thing' about the izzies that's carried through the centuries for some reason by a group of people who covet pretty much everything that's not theirs.
Hey perhaps that's the problem, you guys are just too much alike, you know how brothers or sisters can jealous of each other?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by mordant1]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join