It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to get mega military handout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Israel to get mega military handout

www.presstv.ir

The United States plans to provide Israel with its most extensive military aid package in history, reports say.

The US Assistant Secretary of State, Andrew J. Shapiro claims that the increased US military assistance should help Tel Aviv reach tough decisions in peace talks with the Palestinians.

He said that there is "hope that the administration's expanded commitment to Israel's security will advance the process by helping the Israeli people seize this opportunity and take the tough decisions necessary for a comprehensive peace," Haaretz reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting.

Anybody know something about this "Iron Dome" defense system?

In any case, it's nice to see the United States continue to fund Israel and their little war drum party they are having over there.

It seems the both current administrations are very, very good friends.

I certainly hope this is just sensationalism from Press TV, although I would not doubt that the US will give more aid to Israel at some point.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"Iron Dome" is what will defend Israel from Hesbola and Hammas rockets. Google it. Israel is surrounded by countries that want them dead so we must help them with a good defense. What I do not agree with is putting conditions on this aid. Anyone with half a brain can see the land for peace deals do not work as the Pallys started shelling Israel right after they gave them Gaza.

Israel should have never given up the Sinai to a beaten Egypt and instead should have made a home for the Pallys there since their own nations will not take them back IE: Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Really not that big of news. We give them stuff all the time. Tanks, guns, aircrafts, radars, missile defense systems. We have also been storing weapons and ammo there since WWII.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Perfect.
All those conquered Americans living in tents, who can't afford cookies for their kids, so a bunch of refugees from a conquered land who aren't allowed to have cookies for their kids, can be made to live in tents.
Oh well:
Once the welfare case has done the dirty work it was designed for, the Commie Fascists that created it, and who don't live there, are going it blow it up anyway to fulfill some prophesy or other....something about a burnt offering which has to take place before they can rule the world...

Why save it just to blow it up?
oh well, poor wellfare people.

No wonder Joe LIEberman the senator from tel aviv lives in the US.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Anybody know something about this "Iron Dome" defense system?

Its a multi-million dollar integrated defence system which utilises an `intercept missile `, to shoot down rockets worth a few thousand dollars at most.

Costs ....

An examination of the economic aspect also casts grave doubts on the decision to choose Iron Dome. The cost of each intercept missile will probably be about $100,000. (Rafael claims the cost of a missile will be about $40,000, but given the cost of similar missiles, that does not seem reasonable.) In contrast, the cost of making a Qassam rocket is well under $100,000. So, if the Palestinians produce thousands of Qassams, the Israeli defense establishment will have to respond by manufacturing thousands of Iron Dome missiles, at a prohibitive cost of hundreds of millions of shekels.

link

effectiveness .......

"Recent tests found the system to be effective against rockets fired from more than four kilometers away, but not against those fired from closer range," Haaretz noted that same day in its lead story. Because Sderot is less than two kilometers from Beit Hanun, from which the rockets are being fired, Iron Dome will be helpless against them.

link

[edit on 18-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Who's to say that the "Terrorists" haven't already planted bombs all over already?
Will the Iron Dome thingy stop a cell phone call?
A lot of Terrorists can't afford cookies let alone missils.
You don't shoot at the goally
well, not in the bigs anyhow.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is the U.S. version of the story...

Straight from the U.S. Department of State...

www.state.gov...

"...When talking about the threat assessment in the region, one must start with the Iranian nuclear program. As Secretary Clinton said in March, “For Israel, there is no greater strategic threat than the prospect of a nuclear-armed Iran.”

More Iran War Propaganda!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by BattleStarGal]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Who's to say that the "Terrorists" haven't already planted bombs all over already?

LOL actually we get rocketed and mortared almost every damn day in Iraq in Afghanistan. I know I've been to both. And those are some poor people doing that to us.... So why can't they have mortars and rockets too??

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am really struggling to see how they are getting away with this. The Republicans are are saying we are in a terrible fiscal mess and need to lower taxes and balance the budget, but at the same time we increase the amount of materials and momey we are sending off shore? I am not sure that I could explain this move to a fellow who has lost his house and car because his unemployment money ran out.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I am really struggling to see how they are getting away with this. The Republicans are are saying we are in a terrible fiscal mess and need to lower taxes and balance the budget, but at the same time we increase the amount of materials and momey we are sending off shore? I am not sure that I could explain this move to a fellow who has lost his house and car because his unemployment money ran out.

Is the U.S. trying to stir up civil unrest?

This would be one way to start!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

LOL actually we get rocketed and mortared almost every damn day in Iraq in Afghanistan. I know I've been to both. And those are some poor people doing that to us.... So why can't they have mortars and rockets too??

If you served, I don't intend to slight your service..
IMHO
The Iron Dome won't deal with the morters, or short range and /or home made rockets.
and I doubt it will stop cruise type missles which I think Iran does have, and has said they will respond to attack with...

In the past the Taliban for instance, got their missles from the US...where might they be getting them now?

I agree with Battle star Gal

America is under attack from bankers and hedge fund hyenas, who like in the case of BP, and Goldman Sachs for example, are destroynig America with impunity...

America needs that money and her troops at home.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
While the US continues to reward Israel, they will go on being a-holes!

IRM

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

And there I was thinking America is in a whole bunch of debt. Why can't Israel spend $2.775 billion of it's own money? I would be mad if I was American, although the UK probably works the same way...

Couldn't the $2.775 billion be better spent if you dropped the Palestinians food instead?

Is Israel gearing up for Iran?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this article too. This absolutely crazy, at a time when our own infrastructure is falling apart, we are closing down schools and the schools that remain have to cut back on educational programs, yet we handing billions of our dollars over to Israel so that they may continue their genocidal agenda. What's even worse, is that Israel has one of the best economies in the world. Why is it that they can't pay for their own defenses? Why not tax the Israelis? Why must hard-working Americans foot the bill? Most likely because Israelis don't want to be taxed for it and Americans have no choice. We are their *[snip]*.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This just shows one more time that to the US government cares more about israeli citizens than american citizens and that IMO is high treason.

No money for the unemployed or to help states, but sure as hell money for Israel.

The 2010 aid to Israel : 2.7 billion (record)
The 2011 aid to Israel : 3.2 billion (another record)

So Obama is just continuing the BS the US government has started since 1967, being Israel lapdogs.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Reign02
here is a thought:
How come Americans don't have this protection?
......................................................................................................

Rafael is a steadily growing company with sales in 2009 exceeding $1.6 Billion, backlog orders exceeding $3.5 Billion, and new orders are at a record level of $1.9 Billion.

www.defense-update.com...

Like they need handouts from starving America??
...................................................................................................

Israelis don't even think its a very usefull thing other than against IRAN which isn't going to attack unless provoked...
OMINIOUS if you ask me..
and a rip off.
I wonder which dual passport types in the American government voted this baby to pass?
Probably those that own stock or who have been payola'd by the civilian partnership companies that are hooked up with Rafael who makes this sytem..

There is no doubt that the people at Rafael Advanced Defense Systems deserve much praise for the success of the Iron Dome trial. It is certainly an impressive technological achievement. The problem is that the success of Iron Dome does nothing to ease the threat of Qassams on Sderot, or the threat of the short range Katyushas in the hands of Hezbollah.

Iron Dome has brought nothing new to the table, and it has not solved the inherent problems of a defense system based on missiles trying to intercept enemy rockets. Therefore the rejoicing and the preening in the wake of the test's success hide the far bleaker truth.

The public relations campaign accompanying the test is full of deceptions and half-truths. It has ignored the flaws in the systems and has created illusions. This is because Iron Dome will not protect the communities directly surrounding Gaza nor, apparently, locales even further away from the Strip.

In likely scenarios of rocket fire on the home front, the stock of Iron Dome missiles is liable to run out way before the rocket barrages end. And in any case, because of the high cost of using Iron Dome for defense, the Palestinians in the south and Hezbollah in the north can defeat us at the bank, without even launching a single rocket.

To begin with, Iron Dome is not capable of protecting the "Gaza envelope" because of the Qassam rockets' brief flying times. A Qassam makes its way from Beit Hanoun to Sderot in about 14 seconds. Iron Dome needs about 30 seconds to make an interception attempt.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Well first of all, this is Iran and biased. Any legit sources?

Secondly, Iron dome is an anti missile defense system.

As I've said for quite some time, Israel is a US colony where we can test out our pretty new toys. Good side of the coin is we don't start another war, we just pop into one already happening. bad side of it is that now the Tesla law will occur and with no side able to kill each other, someone will develop something new and powerless.

This also makes missiles useless to Iran, so I suppose that's good. let's see what the Tesla law of war does to create bigger worser explosives and what not.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Offhand, AFAIK, a quassam rocket is merely an aluminum tube with welded on fins, packed with ferilizer based propellant and whatever explosives are available for awarhead. I dont see why they would cost more an a hundred bucks a piece retail

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Reign02
here is a thought:
How come Americans don't have this protection?
......................................................................................................

Rafael is a steadily growing company with sales in 2009 exceeding $1.6 Billion, backlog orders exceeding $3.5 Billion, and new orders are at a record level of $1.9 Billion.

www.defense-update.com...

Like they need handouts from starving America??
...................................................................................................

Israelis don't even think its a very usefull thing other than against IRAN which isn't going to attack unless provoked...
OMINIOUS if you ask me..
and a rip off.
I wonder which dual passport types in the American government voted this baby to pass?
Probably those that own stock or who have been payola'd by the civilian partnership companies that are hooked up with Rafael who makes this sytem..

There is no doubt that the people at Rafael Advanced Defense Systems deserve much praise for the success of the Iron Dome trial. It is certainly an impressive technological achievement. The problem is that the success of Iron Dome does nothing to ease the threat of Qassams on Sderot, or the threat of the short range Katyushas in the hands of Hezbollah.

Iron Dome has brought nothing new to the table, and it has not solved the inherent problems of a defense system based on missiles trying to intercept enemy rockets. Therefore the rejoicing and the preening in the wake of the test's success hide the far bleaker truth.

The public relations campaign accompanying the test is full of deceptions and half-truths. It has ignored the flaws in the systems and has created illusions. This is because Iron Dome will not protect the communities directly surrounding Gaza nor, apparently, locales even further away from the Strip.

In likely scenarios of rocket fire on the home front, the stock of Iron Dome missiles is liable to run out way before the rocket barrages end. And in any case, because of the high cost of using Iron Dome for defense, the Palestinians in the south and Hezbollah in the north can defeat us at the bank, without even launching a single rocket.

To begin with, Iron Dome is not capable of protecting the "Gaza envelope" because of the Qassam rockets' brief flying times. A Qassam makes its way from Beit Hanoun to Sderot in about 14 seconds. Iron Dome needs about 30 seconds to make an interception attempt.

www.haaretz.com...

Because we have better quality protection well hidden in the mountains and orbiting around the globe right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join