It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Washington Post is About to Tell All

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So can we guess at some of the contractors? Taliban, Al Qaeda maybe, even IRAN? What about unsuspecting companies BP, all the major corporations, banking institutions, heads and CEO's of major corporations, senators, congressmen? Disney, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, FOX, CNN etc. This could get interesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Does that list include the Washington Post?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
For those worried about this information, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

It says in the article that it's based on Open Source Intelligence. So it's only going to be stuff that any one of us could have dug up if we'd spent the time on it.

Any serious terrorists/hostile enemy states will already have this information and more.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
To everyone who is making posts about not liking transparency in governement because it helps the terrorists win.

I would recommend that you just move to Russia or some other country that also values limiting personal freedoms in the name of national security. I'm sure you would be much happier there.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Whatever the information they may have to release, I'm wagering it will be all smoke and mirrors. After all, with the Gulf disaster so heavy in the mainstream news, TPTB needs to change the topic, and what better than some 'distracting' element to take our eye off of the truth behind the Gulf, and their agenda(s) in the Gulf.

With the last weeks' censoring activities by TPTB on many major blogging sites, facebook, and other mediums, I expect to see the news outlets to shift to this 'intelligence' news story, and then implement their new control elements in Cyber Command to control all Gulf related news in it's first major attempt at information control operations, while they are actually implementing their measures in the Gulf.

TPTB knows they have a problem in the Gulf, and they also now they have to control the flow of information to achieve success.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I hope the ATS admins are ready to begin copying and archiving material. I hope they do as if this information gets pulled down or watered down it would be nice to have for future review. Sounds like it will be a long piece with a ton of information. Is there a way to digitally scan and copy a website entirely and automatically?

yup there are actually more than a few programs that you can download entire websites with. In my previous job we actually did this quite a bit for a few different law firms. Try searching "convert webpage to pdf" and you should find a few.

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SupremeKnowledge

Wait til the foreign companies come to light. Is that OK? They are sucking up DoD money like a vacuum.
I get incensed thinking of foreign companies training our DHS that George Washington is a terist. That people with a camera are evil. That we need riot gear police and armored cars for everyday policing activity. This is what they are teaching. For a price.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Donald E. Graham, Chairman and CEO is on the list of attendees of the Bilderberg Conference according to wikipedia.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALlENATlON

True, I checked that out and I agree with other posts asserting that the washpost wouldn't disclose without prior knowledge.

ATM I'm pondering if it's A: An excuse for the CIA etc to begin huge defence cuts, B: Some sort of distraction. C: washpost really is biting the hand that feeds them

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

i can vouch for the tattoo removal.

witness relocation programs pay for tattoo removal. they'll pay for tattoos as well, if it is cheaper to cover than remove them.

i've seen some of that money.

[edit on 19/7/2010 by gravykraken]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The article is up on the Washington Post site!

Top Secret America

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
No information will be given out, I have proof in the form of one word.
Wikileaks.

lol

u took the words right out of my mouth.
I believe now we know where those cables went.
Wikileaks now has plausible deniability

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies
work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and
intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.

* An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live
in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.

* In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for
top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built
since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost
three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square
feet of space.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

wonder how many of those are on ATS each day ????

[edit on 19-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Psychological operations

Traditional psychological operations, including the creation and
delivery of messages via leaflet, loudspeaker, radio or television;
the newer "influence operations" associated with the creation of
websites and the use of social media to extend U.S. influence,
both overtly and covertly; and the separate clandestine and covert
activities associated with influence, deception, and perception
management.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

what radio ???
what TV ????
what websites ????

examples please

thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS
Perfect
Those against the U.S. would have a source to know everything

Just like the "Documentary" programs on t.v. that show where and how the nuclear plants, dams, etc are and how they work.

Give them all the tools they need to take us down.

I'm not for hiding what the people "Need" to know, just publishing information that would help the ignorant (terrorists) are what they call them, they are NOT "terrorists" they are WIMPS, and should be labeled that.

A "terrorist" is someone who stands up and fights, shows their identity and does not care if their opponent knows where or who they are.

just my "thoughts"

Thanks for the post

Panic at the disco......oh no the terrorist are falling from the sky....were all doomed.... They are going to kill us all... get a hold of yourself rookie!
Stop being afraid of terrorist. For christ sake this country has and still has more terrorist than the rest of the world. Take a drive down to inner cities and look at the gang signs..or the KKK or nazi's..get a hold of your self before you implode.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am just about to go have a look at this stuff, has anyone found anything interesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I am just about to go have a look at this stuff, has anyone found anything interesting.

yea, take a look at my last 2 posts

that is a lot of people working in this dept.
No wonder we are in wars all over the world.
No wonder we're broke in America.
We don't need 800,000 people on
the payroll with Top Secret Clearances.
No wonder they can't keep a secret.

I say downsize to less than 100,000.

but what do I know.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

i read one snippet somewhere (will try to find) that mentions 70% of these agencies are privately contracted.

anyone find that odd or interesting?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So far it I have found out from the WP that the NSA is intercepting 1.7 billion telecommunications intercepts and it also confirmed US operations in Yemen. Also I know the US intelligence community was big, but not bigger than the capital.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join