It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Washington Post is About to Tell All

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fraggdya

Thanks for the additional information. I have a feeling the WP are going to drag this out and we’ll be getting a little bit of information every day so it might take a while to digest allot of the infro

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Newspapers are faced with a Dilemma - please your readers, gain credibility OR loose important Government informants and inside-news givers by disclosing more than they wanted disclosed...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Guys, I found this it claims to be the full memo at the end it say's

This series has been a long time in preparation and looks designed to cast the IC and the DoD in an unfavorable light. We need to anticipate and prepare so that the good work of our respective organizations is effectively reflected in communications with employees, secondary coverage in the media and in response to questions.

Source: www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Is this a rumour or am I missing something ? I have just been to some news agency websites (Reuters, France24, BBC, CNN) and there is no mention of this whatsoever.

It is all over the internet , in various blogs but not in the news. If it is really happening tomorrow, why is it not news ?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think the mod is right in that they may not want to upset any potential/existing sources or companies providing revenue to their publications.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Mission Support Centre Memo alerting contractors on that link.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by fraggdya]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

From what i hear this is going to run over a week or two. We had a paper in the UK expose all the government expenses it was quite a big story and the Telegraph couldn’t print enough papers. I think the WP is going for the same effect it might cut them off form some sources but it’s going to make them rich.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by SupremeKnowledge

You post just gave me a thought, what if we start to abuse this information. For example say this site says the CIA have been buying x amount of water from a water company. People might start to assume this is proof that they have been contamination water supplies when in fact its just the CIA buy water. The same can be said for the pharmaceutical companies all that would mean is that the CIA have been buying drugs rather than evidence of a conspiracy.

Who knows,
When people only get fragments of a story their imagination goes wild,

We will see what happens when the report is released....

[edit on 18-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The Atlantic has a good blog post up explaining what the likely content and conclusions of this series will be.

The gist of it is 70% of all money for the intelligence budget is now being outsourced to private firms. This story will be about waste and fraud, no-bid contracts and private corporations getting tax money to spy on taxpayers.

The information obviously came right from people in the CIA and other government agencies who are disgusted at the waste and fraud or worried that their own agencies are being left underfunded and undermanned, while the government contractors (as usual) bloat themselves at the public trough.

Should be a great series though, looking forward to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS
Perfect
Those against the U.S. would have a source to know everything

Just like the "Documentary" programs on t.v. that show where and how the nuclear plants, dams, etc are and how they work.

Give them all the tools they need to take us down.

I'm not for hiding what the people "Need" to know, just publishing information that would help the ignorant (terrorists) are what they call them, they are NOT "terrorists" they are WIMPS, and should be labeled that.

A "terrorist" is someone who stands up and fights, shows their identity and does not care if their opponent knows where or who they are.

just my "thoughts"

Thanks for the post

The terrorists ALREADY know everything about these instalations!!! because the terrorists IS the government!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraggdya
I think the mod is right in that they may not want to upset any potential/existing sources or companies providing revenue to their publications.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Mission Support Centre Memo alerting contractors on that link.

Did you know the Washington Times is owned by Rev. Sun Myung Moon of The Unification Church fame.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I bet BP and Goldman Sacks will be involved. Won't be surprised by other things.

There's rumors that the Republican party is going to release a host of DATA after the November election. So connecting the dots will be a fun winter break activity. Hope to see you all there friends.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Being that the Washington Post is CIA influenced all that will be disclosed is exactly what they mean to disclose.

They did 4.1 billion dollars in revenue 2007

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I hope the ATS admins are ready to begin copying and archiving material. I hope they do as if this information gets pulled down or watered down it would be nice to have for future review. Sounds like it will be a long piece with a ton of information. Is there a way to digitally scan and copy a website entirely and automatically?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I hope it covers these things.

These cost $20 billion spent on more than 8,000 projects

$273,000 to help Blue Springs, Missouri, combat teenage "Goth culture";

$1,500,000 for a statue of the Roman god Vulcan in Birmingham, Alabama;

$1,000,000 for an "Intelligent Transportation" grant for Moscow, Idaho--population 22,000;

$50,000 to fund a tattoo removal program in San Luis Obispo County, California;

$26,000 to study how thoroughly Americans rinse their dishes

$4,572 to Las Vegas Helicopters (LVH), which performs airborne weddings officiated by Elvis Presley impersonators, as part of the post-September 11 package of aid to airlines.

Did anyone know we still pay a program to determine who killed Lincoln? There are many more.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by wonderworld]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This topic has already been posted a couple days of ago and the thread can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

--airspoon

[edit on 19-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The only threat that could possibly increase is the threat that these agencies become accountable to the democracy they supposedly work to protect. The problem is you can't have a democracy and a society based on an immense amount of "classified" information in one space. Weber literally wrote the book on bureaucracy and it's tendency to gravitate to and ever-enlarging enterprise acting to further its own interests in the name of increased funding. We've hit the perimeter on that one and hit it long ago. We simply cannot continue to pay for so much "security" in this country, especially when health care, retirement pensions and education take the biggest cuts in response.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
LOL people worried about terrorists?

the US support Israel guys, lets be real, if anyone can be considered a terrorist is the USA

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I don't know but it's so fantastic that it sounds like disinfo.

I wonder if that wouldn't put national security at risk?

I mean with such information publicly available and depending on the type of data lots of eyes will turn over these companies/places. Something that could result in some nasty stuff.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

And you know Sun Yung Moon has close connections to the KCIA, the imaginative name bequeathed it by the CIA? No wonder they worry about this.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I hope the ATS admins are ready to begin copying and archiving material. I hope they do as if this information gets pulled down or watered down it would be nice to have for future review. Sounds like it will be a long piece with a ton of information. Is there a way to digitally scan and copy a website entirely and automatically?

LOL pulled down

my friend ... there is no way some org like WashPost would publish ANYTHING without the US knowing about it first, and without CIA or whatever approval

so relax, as the other guys said

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join