It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gurkha ordered back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think you may be right. The press releases that numerous 'resources' have been discovered surprised very few people. The country will be drained and little, if anything, will go back to the people. Just in the same way that Shell, BP, et al have done in Nigeria. I am no fan of China's leadership but at least they are investing money into the people in the countries in which they have dealings, be that roads, medical or schooling and thus winning around the hearts and minds of the people and not being seen as raping and pillaging the land.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

I also saw an interview somewhere with a geologist who had worked with a team of American geologists back in the 1970s mapping out the resources. The Russians were also mapping them out. He was scornful of the "big surprise" that this all is. He even had an Afghanistani geologist who worked on it with him to confirm his story.

We have known about those resources for decades. We have been waiting for the right political climate and market conditions to go in and get them.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join