It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gurkha ordered back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Professionals always bring the right tools to get the job done professionally, not like this.

From what I read, the soldier DID have the right tool for the job. It is called the kukri.

BTW, what kind of order would it be to ask soldiers on a battlefeild to bring an entire body back for ID?

While decapitating a corpse may be grisly to some, it looks like that this may have been the last resort for this soldier. A photograph? Be for real. A finger for prints? Not likely. A head? Now that's real proof no matter how gory.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
wiki.answers.com...

those are the funeral rituals of the afghan people as sited by to wiki answers.....

so it seems if he was washed after the fact by males and his head ended up being wrapped and facing mecca its not an insult just depends on where they bury the body and which way it faces

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The Taliban has been doing this beheading business all along, Today its the main reason we are in Afghanistan. To prevent this shiiit from happening. We are not there to inherit their traditions and ways of brutality.

Taliban behead live prisoners.

The Gurkha took the head off a dead enemy.

Completely different ballpark and game here.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

exactly!!! its not like he was desecrating the body for the sheer pleasure of it and i think if he really wanted to desecrate the body he would have put pork in it or used some of those grenades wrapped in bacon that some US forces got caught using in the gulf a while back

ps love ur quote btw

[edit on 18-7-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

No, what i just said was nothing but pure speculation. But i dont think i am to far of. This is not the first time soldiers of this kind have tried to cover up their actions with an excuse.

Well you're offline at the moment but when you come back consider this bit of speculation....

The Taliban believing in their own propaganda of their mythical invincibility from god. Tangled with the wrong group.

The Gurkhas being Gurkhas opened a giant Can-O-Woopass on them.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

Well i have to agree that the Taliban got more than they bargained for. The Gurkha's are no joke.

The Gurkha's are good soldiers, but personally i dont agree with the beheading. I dont see the point of discussing this any further. The Gurkha was sent home because of the choice he made. I guess we will know more when the investigation moves on.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

The Taliban has been doing this beheading business all along, Today its the main reason we are in Afghanistan. To prevent this shiiit from happening. We are not there to inherit their traditions and ways of brutality.

Taliban behead live prisoners.

The Gurkha took the head off a dead enemy.

Completely different ballpark and game here.

Ok. If you say so. I guess you can argue this anyway you like to make it look good. All you have to do is find the right words.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
maybe they sent him home for a vacation and a secret pat on the back>? have they even said who it was that he beheaded maybe it was an important person or some kind of high priority target we need information especially if they guy gets redeployed or promoted demoted etc that will show us what really happened punishment wise

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
maybe they sent him home for a vacation and a secret pat on the back>? have they even said who it was that he beheaded maybe it was an important person or some kind of high priority target we need information especially if they guy gets redeployed or promoted demoted etc that will show us what really happened punishment wise

Why dont you read the link OP posted. They dint send him on a vacation for a job well done. They sent him home to be investigated for the job he did. But if every one shares your opinion he will be given a vacation and a medal for a job well done. But the odds of that happening is ZERO. This Gurkha will be used as an example to show the public that a soldier of his standard is not tolerated.

This soldier might be a very good Gurkha but he crossed a moral line.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

i did read the article and just because thats what there telling us happened dosent mean its what actually happened i recall a marine getting recalled from iraq for using a tomahawk on an insurgent and from what ive managed to find out hes back on base with a promotion so just because your recalled dosent always mean you get fired and they probably just gave him a slap on the wrist or do u have an article stating that he was court marshaled? relived of duty or did he just go back to the UK and then redeploy?do you have proof of him being relived of duty permanently or otherwise punished other then a slap on the wrist and a free trip out of a war zone he hasn't been convicted of anything yet just relieved of duty and confined to base....probably so the higher ups can wait tell people forget about this and then they will send him back

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ok. If you say so. I guess you can argue this anyway you like to make it look good. All you have to do is find the right words.

I'm sorry. Are you having a problem understanding the difference between "dead" and "living"? If so, let me know and I'll get some definitions for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm on the side of the soldier here.

When he had drawn the kinife, he isnt allowed to put it away without it drawing blood. Now if there happened to be a dead enemy commander in front of him, then all the better.

I notice that a lot of people here are saying the guy shouldn't have done it. War is not something where you get up in the morning, have breakfast, read the paper, go kill the bad man and be home in time for tea and crumpets...

Wars are very bloody businesses. We are out there to win. We should not have to play by rules drawn up by people who have never got closer to a fight then watching a war FILM

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Right, it was poorly planed and executed by the Gurkha's. That's why the soldier was sent home. The allied forces wont have anything to do with that kind of action. No matter what honer it brings to the Gurkha unit for what he did.

Pffftt. The allies won't say it publicly, but they understand the Gurkah's action. And they secretly applaud and support the soldier.

Reply from Kram09

But it wouldn't be good for the public's morale, when fighitng a war if the government just turned round and said well actually we're just as bad as them if not worse.

The public's morale?
Are we supposed to fight this war via opinion poll?:shk:

The less the public knows about certain details, the better. Else we'd have Jesse Jackson et al calling our military shots...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In the words of Clint Eastwood as Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway in Heartbreak ridge, he improvised, he adapted and he overcame.
Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

you summed it up exactly! there are too many people who are just like if we stopped all war no evil would happen and they fail to realize that just because one country stops war dosent mean every one is gonna all of a sudden drop there weapons and start singing kumbyah

in my opinion there will always be some form of war in one shape or another as its in our nature the animals do it we do it heck even bacteria does it wars not gonna go anywhere until people are more scared of something other then people (ie ET's etc) think of it as an evolutionary process where as its akin to the food chain but instead of eating each other we take land resources power food etc just an offshoot of what we used to have to deal with when we were swinging from trees and hiding from snakes and other preadators

and as a side note didnt the crown use to put peoples heads on there own bridge and various other public places? worst case he can say he thought he was following british traditions and respecting his own!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Lets round these idiots who cry foul up, put them in a plane and take them on a fact finding mission to Afganistan. Bet they change their tune. The Taliban know the layout better then our lads do. The other trouble is that we know where they hide in the mountains, we are not allowed to go get them. Lets get a couple of low yeld nukes and flush them out.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So, the Coalition will have to send out a work party to play, "Meat Puzzle" everytime a Taliban gets blown to bits?

I think that every unit ought to have a woodchipper with them, a la Fargo, for every Taliban killed. (I have this mental picture of an MRAP rolling around with a blood-stained John Deere woodchipper in tow.)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by spy66

The Gurkha's are one of the greatest fighting units in the world and have immense dignity and pride.

Be assured, The Taliban would not hesitate doing the same or worse to The Gurkha given half a chance.
He did what was asked of him & showed great initiative.

PC do goodery has no place in a theatre of war.

The Gurkha concerned can hold his head high safe in the knowledge that he has served this country, his regiment and his people with honour.

Nah.. he's an embarrassment to humanity and likely a sociopath who had no business setting foot in another mans land on behalf of banker-gangster thugs...

The excuses for this on-going atrocity are laughable to any sane soul with a modicum of empathy.. we'll see how "cool" mayhem is after the empire collapses and US soil is littered with headless "terrorist" Americans who were simply defending themselves against armed occupiers.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Duuuuuudddddeeeee, I LOVE YOUR SIG! FRIGGIN EPIC!!!

Second line.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join