It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Oliver Stone Expose Military Industrial Complex?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Note: I tried to find another thread with this topic, but was unable to.

It doesn't matter what you think about Oliver Stone. Love him or hate him, he's after the truth. I thought his JFK movie was brilliant and tried to expose the conspiracy behind JFK's assasination.

His new documentary (to be aired on Showtime in 10 parts) is called "The Secret History of America."

One of the "truths" he tries to touch on is the secret Military Industrial Complex. Stone says he's going to try to show America how it works, what it does, and how it governs in secret. Here's a quote:

"Stone also warned that the same military industrial complex forces that he's explored in movies such as "JFK" and in "Secret History," are now corrupting Barack Obama.

"You can understand why Obama is following in Bush's footsteps in Afghanistan," Stone said."Obama is very much trapped, we believe, in that system. And so that's what we're going to try and show you -- the way it works."

There is no date set for the movie to air, as they are in post-production. I look forward to seeing this.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
It doesn't matter what you think about Oliver Stone. Love him or hate him, he's after the truth. His new documentary (to be aired on Showtime in 10 parts) is called "The Secret History of America."I look forward to seeing this.

Me too. Now watch, Stone has publicly expressed positive comments about Hugo Chavez of late, so the Rabid Right will use that to disparage him and this current project. It'll be just as interesting watching the propaganda Apparatchiks kick in as he attempts to show us the machine behind the curtain. S&F!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This should be good.

I hope he has all of his bases covered, including his back side.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
He'll try to. And then he'll be subjected to the ridicule and vilification that is par for the course for anyone who tries to shed light. And that will plant enough doubt to make it virtually ineffectual in any real discussion. But this doesn't mean he and others shouldn't keep trying.

What is to shed light must endure burning. ~Victor Frankl

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great comments.

And you're right. Whenever Stone tries to bring the "truth" to the big screen, enough doubt is planted in the public's mind and the truth sort of floats away without taking hold in the public's mind.

But I like to think of it as "planting seeds." Stone plants his seeds, and somewhere, somehow, they take root and bloom here and there.

I think "awakening" is literally happening one person at a time. It's slow and cumbersome.....but that's why we're here, folks. You were obviously born at this time to be a seed planter.

Keep watering!

top topics

join