It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLOSE-UP VIDEO: Pilot filming plane spraying into the air

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.

Yeah, those teeny tiny ice crystals, too small to fall under their own weight, do tend to persist in a previously cloud free sky, with the full summer sun beating down on them for hour upon hour don't they.

The sun just isn't much compared to a microscopic ice crystal i suppose.

Look, we even have videos from back in the late 90's and early 2000's of US military TELLING us the spraying is connected with weather modification experiments!

For such an establishment science website junkie, i'd have thought you may have scurried off and searched for one or two, just to be your usual impartial self...guess not eh.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok. so that explains the high altitude planes. could you explain the very low altitude ones that constantly fly over where l live causing grids of the things. l am not living anywhere near flight paths.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Come on, did you guys even listen to the dialogue?? Its another military plane flying behind making fun of people people like you. You guys totally missed the sarcasm. They are filming the condensation and joking about it being chemtrails. They aren't even being close to serious and you guys all buy it hook line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Wow. Looks like Ive attracted every professional disinfo agent on ATS with this thread. Lots of known names here today....

Sorry for making you guys work on this beautiful Sunday.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That is a lot of matter. How would you fit all that on a plane?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well, I haven't found anything about contrails being produced as weather modification experiments but I have found plenty of studies about how contrails might affect climate. I linked one of them earlier.
From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Weather modification (cloud seeding) has been going on since the 1950's. It is done in existing clouds and has nothing to to with contrails or what people call "chemtrails".

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

It's an internet forums so sorry if this comes off in a worng way when you read it...

I never stated it was a civilian aircraft.
My exact use of "authorized" was chosen carefully.

Now that it comes up.
Do we know for certain that is a military aircraft?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

believe me, l have. l too have been a sky watcher since l was a child over sixty years now. l know this is not right. Sometimes the planes that fly over my area are not much higher than those planes that are cropsprayers.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi, ive read through the thread, and would like to point out that aircraft regularly dump unspent fuel into the atmosphere.

someone has probably already mentioned it, i apologies if that is so.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You call them vortex generators, neformore calls them underwing fences

..are underwing fences on the plane designed to reduce air buffeting

and i called them stabilizers.

A stabilizer would be an accurate description of a device used to reduce air buffeting (hence aiding in the stabilizing of the aircraft)

neformore says in his first post to this thread, that he has studied aviation and aircraft for years, and has put in a large amount of research and knows what he's talking about, are you saying he is wrong?

If so, why did you call me on my 'stabilizers' and not him on his 'fences'?

Not keen on arguing the toss with mods?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't recall mentioning either 'contrails' or 'cloud seeding'.

(otherwise known as 'cloud busting' FYI)

I did mention an admission on video, from the US military, in response to questioning regarding grids of 'chemtrails' around the time period of the late 90's or early 2000's, claiming the trails were the result of 'weather modification experiments'.

Nobody mentioned rain..weather can be a lot more complex than just rain you know.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genesis322
reply to post by arcnaver

So then the one guy who seemed to have a bit of paranoia in his voice was just acting to make the film "legit"?

Why would he say "oh god don't video right now"?
and
"Don't do any evidence"?

That was my point. it peeked my curiosity....
Why did that guy say that in either case of the following aircraft authorized or not.

Absolutely very well could be.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by Come Clean

Well this paragraph from wiki seems pretty appropriate in that I assumed it to be a fuel dump.

Many movies and TV news stories mistakenly assume that all aircraft can dump fuel, when in fact most cannot. In certain atmospheric conditions where the moisture content of the air is high, 737s (and other aircraft) flying at low altitudes sometimes leave a moisture trail that can come off the top of the wing, wingtips, or trailing edge flaps. Moisture trails coming off the trailing edge flaps can appear especially odd, since the moisture is being "spun" by aerodynamic forces. It is possible that some people observe these moisture trails and may think this is fuel being dumped; however, this is just water vapor, not fuel.

Actually, it is our old friend Daniel Bernoulli at work. If you accelerate a fluid, which air acts like for all practical purposes, you lower the pressure. Hold a strip of paper between your thumb and forefinger so it drapesback and down over the finger. Now blow across it. The paper lifts up, like magic. You accelerated the air above it, creating a low pressure area, sucking it up. Now, if you reduce the pressure of a gas, you cool it. Ever see 'snow' from a fire extinguisher? Same thing. Expansion=lower pressure=cooling. Cool air can't hold as much water vapor as warmer air. That's why convection in a cloud causes rain. Air with water vapor rises to where it's cooler, condenses in a phase change and your wet. Surfaces on an aircraft accelerate the air, particularly lifting surfaces under a load. It leaves a trail of condensation, particularly on a humid day, when the air is saturated. That's what high humidity is. It is different than a contrail from combustion, which has water as a combustion product.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Underwing fences are also called Vortilons. Their purpose is to generate vortices. Neformore was correct about the fences producing vortices.

The purpose of these modifications is to create vortices in a controlled and predictable manner. Vortices are often undesirable because they produce drag, but the vortices these devices create are beneficial since they delay wing stall. Stall occurs when a wing reaches a high enough angle of attack that the airflow separates from its surface. This flow separation results in a rapid loss of lift, and the aircraft may become uncontrollable.

The advantage of wing devices that create vortices is that a vortex adds energy to the airflow and increases its forward momentum. This momentum encourages the airflow to remain attached to the surface of the wing at higher angles of attack than it would otherwise. As a result, the wing is able to continue generating lift in conditions where it would have stalled.

www.aerospaceweb.org...

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Weather modification is cloud seeding.

You mentioned, but did not provide any evidence of any military claims of trails being the result of weather modification experiments.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, as I'm a bit rushed for time now to read through the thread, but they recently used a weather modification company in Calgary to reduce the size of the hail stones in a storm.

Here's the link:

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

He didn't mention Vortilons or vortices.

He did mention fences and stability though...and he is MUCH less ignorant than the majority of the membership regarding aviation...his words, not mine.

So i guess, we are ALL correct then.

Fences, Vortilons are to aid in stabilizing the aircraft. So they are stabilizers, are they not?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

An explanation as to what is going on in my neck of the woods was all l was asking you for. you seem to be to be vocal on other threads, why have you not answered mine?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Its called Silver Iridium (I think).

It is a process called cloud seeding, it makes rain fall.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

No. They are not stabilizers.

Neformore did not say they are. He called them underwing fences and he said they reduce air buffeting. I'm not sure but he may have been referring to pre-stall buffeting caused by air separation on the top of the wing. Since the purpose of the vortilons (fences) is to improve stall characteristics he would be correct.

But what difference does it make? The purpose of the vortilons is to produce vortices. The video shows them doing just that.

A vortilon serves the same purpose on the lower surface of a wing, and this device is often referred to as an underwing fence for that reason. Like the traditional boundary layer fence, the vortilon can also be used to create a vortex on the underside of the wing at low angle of attack. The vortilon is far more useful at high angles, however, when a second vortex travels around the leading edge and over the upper surface of the wing. This vortex helps delay separation over the upper surface like those created by the other surfaces we have explored.

www.aerospaceweb.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join