It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLOSE-UP VIDEO: Pilot filming plane spraying into the air

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I thought it was interesting also, that this 'video' plane appears to be flying in very close proximity of the other. Maybe they just had a real decent lens on their camera?

For all we know this TOO can be a real good CGI piece but.......people always whine (or suggest) 'why don't they just film a plane up-close' and when a film is finally produced, here we sit not understanding how it was pulled off.

Is there any background information regarding the men who were filming this? Like, was this their intent to begin with or, was this just a fluke opportunity of seeing this?
How far away were they from this spray-plane?
Where was this taken?
etc etc etc.

Why would a plane be dumping that much fuel (for the person who said that)? Can't they gage what they needed a little better than to waste all that fuel? Doesn't look like they were about to perform an emergency landing based on their altitude.
I just don't understand under what circumstances that would be needed to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
why do they do this, i dont understand, do they not realise there just poisonig themselves aswell as the rest of us,i really shouldnt watch videos like this, i get so angry, im sure im not alone in thinking that i wish i was at the airport to greet the pilot as he stepped of the plane and make sure he/she could never fly again.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Another thread that is changing my mind about ATS...we are concerned about chem spray(condensation I mean) but not concerned about the thousands of commercial flights every day and the jet exhaust they pump into our atmosphere. Stop these threads.

[edit on 7/18/10 by riotact1]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

You can post thousands of links...

I'll just put ONE Satellite image:

Now, plz roll image to your right.

Now, imagine a closed room full of people smoking.

Now... plz, COMPARE!

Btw, source within the pic.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Aeternium]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
[moOk. so l can understand the `cloud seeding` Can you explain to me why on a hot sunny day with a clear blue sky, planes are in the sky, sometimes as early as five in the morning, criss crossing the sky with contrails/chemtrails. you can watch them getting wider and wider so much so that by nine o`clock the sky is white with them. Last year l grew a bumper crop ot tomatoes, one day and night of continuous heavy contrail/chemtrailing the leaves were all black. The snails shells were so weak it did`nt matter how carefull you were picking them up your fingers just went straight through them. lts not just me, other people are noticeing it too. So many people are suffering with breathing problems, asthma and the like. here they are not seeding the clouds, they are CREATING the clouds, some times it leaves a chemical taste in the back of the throat. l live in Essex come see for yourself sometime.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
careful you might get banned for believing in chemtrails.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
S&F! HA! Everyone I've talked to about (for lack of a better term) "Chemtrails" has thought it's a farce, and that planes had always left trails that stay in the sky a long time.
Since I was a child I loved looking up at the sky while travelling or walking (maybe because of an over active imagination?) , and never do I remember seeing trails in the sky that would last longer than a couple of minutes.
I've also discussed things with friends and family like how the clouds seem to "change" and look odd after these trails have criss-crossed through them, but like I said earlier no one but me seems to have noticed this.

Kudos OP! For the evidence (even though I'm sure someone will argue even though it's right there in plane sight.)

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't know what it is but it is certainly curious. The theory of condensation makes sense but one thing confuses me; if the air is "saturated", why are there no clouds? Air that has become saturated will exhibit either fog or clouds.

I also understand the concept of vapor trails, however I live in Phoenix where we have some of the driest air anywhere. I have witnessed planes flying over Phoenix where the vapor trail just stopped, like somebody flipped a switch. As anybody who is familiar with AZ knows, in central/south AZ, we have many days of CAVU weather. Clouds can be quite rare for months at a time. It makes one wonder, why did the vapor trail suddenly stop? There were no clouds anywhere in sight to indicated moisture.

Personally, I have no theories. I just find it a curious phenomena.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
Whew, i'm glad Neformore is here as a moderator with such a condensending tone to let us know how stupid we are for believing such radical and crazy things such as "chemtrails" exist..

How dare us come to a conspiracy website and think such things when it's so obvious by the data that was given to us about that video that it was "saturated air" etc..

Oh wait, there was no data and it's just his opinion much like everybody else has their own opinions..

Or maybe, just maybe, I understand the dynamics of an aerofoil passing through saturated air?

And maybe you could understand it too, if you did the reading, looked at the science and understood the concept instead of doing the sheep thing of looking up, seeing "lines in the sky" that you don't understand and automatically assuming something untoward is happening?

Maybe you could attempt to understand that the atmosphere is full of pockets of warmer and colder air, and is in constant dynamic motion so that no part of the sky is quite the same as another, so a body moving through the sky can sometimes generate contrails, and other times not?

Is your belief in this subject so blind that you cannot bother to research such phenomena, and instead just choose to follow blindly what people claim about chemtrails instead of reading and researching atmospheric science dating back to WW2 when contrails were first noticed?

Did you ever consider - just possibly - that I might have been studying this kind of thing, and aviation subjects for many many years, and my assessment of the video might be born out of that experience?

By your tone, and your arrogant dismissal of my post those things never even crossed your mind at all. Nope. Its just easier to attack in a snide and sarcastic manner, born out of your own ignorance.

ATS is a conspiracy site. Its also a discussion board. Its also a place for intelligent and critical thinking. Yes, that post was my opinion but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, frankly my opinion of that video is a damned site better informed than yours is and can be backed by actual science, where as yours is based on..... what exactly?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

I remember things differently than you but luckily we don't have to rely on either of us.
Persistent contrails have been around for a long time. For a long time it has been known what they are.

From 1919:

The second German sighting occurred on May 9, 1919, when a pilot flying over Berlin at about 26,000 feet noticed the generation of a cloud stream that extended for about forty miles behind his plane. This stream eventually spread out to form a cloud layer that was about 3,000 feet thick. The pilot saw a similar phenomenon two days later.
www.accessmylibrary.com...

From 1940:

A few months later I witnessed the Battle of Britain taking place over my head in the July, August and September 1940. Being in SE London we had a grandstand view of the titanic struggle going on day aftr day with the intricate patterns of the contrails the most evident witness to the dog fights taking place.
www.bbc.co.uk... Short contrails do not produce intricate patterns.

1944:

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.
Source

From 1947:

Photo taken by Jerry Cole, combat aerialphotographer in the 390th Bomb Group at Framlingham Air Base in England. He is looking for a print from the original negative he shot around January 1944 or before. It shows contrails of P-47's crossing each other in the background and a B-17 in the foreground.

scoutbird.tripod.com...

From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Henry Wadsworth Hinkle, hired man down on the farm with Uncle Clarence and Aunt Martha, looked skyward a few days ago and was awed by the multiplicity of "vapor trails," as he called them. That's the old name. Now they are called contrails-short for condensation trails-resulting from the condensation of heat flowing from high-flying jet engines.

Source

A 43-year-old novice sailor said today that he followed jet contrails over the Atlantic to help him navigate after his sextant was smashed six days out of Pymouth, England.
Source He didn't follow jets, he followed contrails. You can't follow a short contrail.

1972:

Then there is the matter of cloudiness. The familiar contrails often left by high-flying planes might persist for a long time under some conditions.
Source

From 1973:

Often, after several clear days, high flying jets begin leaving condensation trails in the sky. These "contrails" are the result of the condensation of water vapor that accompanies engine combustion at high altitudes.
Source

He occasionally looked out the window at the earth and noted geographical locations. "We're coming over Europe and I've never seen so many jet plane contrails in my life," he reported
Source

Shore was no naïf; he recognized the irony of many of his images. One of the cleverest is "U.S. 97, South of Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 21, 1973," which depicts a desolate spot of road where a billboard displays a snowcapped-mountain scene — against actual mountains in the distance. The billboard image seems to emerge from the land itself. Along with a cattle gate and a sky with blown-out contrails, the billboard is a tired and shabby advertisement for America itself.
www.pitch.com... Contrails have to be around for a while to be "blown-out".

The only difference now is that there are a lot more of them. Want your blue skys back? No problem, just ban high altitude airplanes.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

none of that explains how this happens in dry air.

and I thought witness testimony was not credible?
well not with UFO sightings I guess its ok for chem/contrails?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow this has become the MMN/Moderator dislike thread

I like Maybe....Maybe Not (or maybe I like Ben Stiller
) and while I disagree with his opinions on chemtrails I don't think he is some sort of disinfo agent hahaha. I believe chemtrails are real, I believe we don't know what they are spraying, I believe there is a LOT of messed up junk going on in this planet where we don't belong...

For all we know they could be spraying confectioners sugar YUM!

As for this video, I clearly see the condensation trails dissipate towards the bottom of the screen leading me to believe that this is NOT a chemtrail but rather supersaturated air pockets like the Moderator.

I believe in chemtrails, but I don't believe this is one!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Air that is saturated requires a "trigger" for condensation to occur. In this case the trigger is the decrease in air pressure in the vortices produced by the underwing fences and the air flowing over the top of the wing. The air in the vortex actually becomes supersaturated by this effect, allowing condensation to occur. That is the purpose of the fences, to produce vortices.

external image

www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

What I found interesting was when (I assume) the videographer says he's putting it on youtube. You hear someone ask "are you videoing right now?
Oh god don't video right now." Then you hear, "don't do any evidence."

I'm not sure how to take that.
Well there's two ways to take that I guess.
1) The following aircraft is "authorized." Draw your conclusions.
2) The following aircraft isn't "authorized." Draw your conclusions.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The aircraft following the one in question is obviously supposed to be there. Civilian aircraft cant just fly that close to a Military Aircraft. Think People! You do not think they would be warned and then possibly shot out of the sky for shadowing a Military aircraft like that? No, thats probably another Tanker, or Support Aircraft either flying to the same destination, or waiting to be refueled. The guys filming it, are just horsing around, like guys do in the military when they have nothing better to do at the moment. They had some spare time probably and flipped out the old camera and took some cool shots and teased about "CHEMTRAILS OOOOOOHHHH!" I would have done the same thing, knowing its just contrails. Think Think Think.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"The Ministry of Defence turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public.

A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979."

The rest of the story can be read on the following link

www.guardian.co.uk...

Apparently, this spraying started 70 years ago or probably longer and lasted for 40 years! Only the most naive would believe that this is no longer being done. Contrail advocacy is for the numerous propaganda pushers on this site.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

So then the one guy who seemed to have a bit of paranoia in his voice was just acting to make the film "legit"?

Why would he say "oh god don't video right now"?
and
"Don't do any evidence"?

That was my point. it peeked my curiosity....
Why did that guy say that in either case of the following aircraft authorized or not.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Is it inconceivable that 'nozzles' are attached to the stabilizers?

If this is just normal contrails, why are there 5 or 6 separate condensation trails coming from just a 3 engined aircraft?

Surely, there would be only 3 trails from the 3 engines, or are there another 2 or 3 engines hidden away somewhere.

Accusing and effectively ridiculing the membership by calling them ignorant is OK in your book as a Mod is it? I'd call it bad form, and likely to put members off from posting or commenting.

I don't remember reading in the T&C that all posters had to know exactly what they were talking about in order to post, unless they'll suffer ridicule from the staff.

Must be a new one.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

They are not stabilizers. They are vortex generators. The condensation is caused by the low pressure in the vortices. The condensation is also caused by the low pressure on the upper surface of the wing. You can even here one of the guys talk about it coming from the top of the wing too.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution
S&F! HA! Everyone I've talked to about (for lack of a better term) "Chemtrails" has thought it's a farce, and that planes had always left trails that stay in the sky a long time.
Since I was a child I loved looking up at the sky while travelling or walking (maybe because of an over active imagination?) , and never do I remember seeing trails in the sky that would last longer than a couple of minutes.
I've also discussed things with friends and family like how the clouds seem to "change" and look odd after these trails have criss-crossed through them, but like I said earlier no one but me seems to have noticed this.

Kudos OP! For the evidence (even though I'm sure someone will argue even though it's right there in plane sight.)

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

Thats funny because "since I was child" I remember seeing them last a very long time (from time to time). Even today, one of the outbound flight corridors from O'hare passes close to my house. Somedays you get nice long contrails that last a long time, other days not, it just depends on atmopsheric conditions.

Also there is no argument about anyone "seeing" anything. We all see it. The argument is "Chemtrail" or "Contrail".

Was the Army Airforce spraying Chemtrails as they bombed and Dogfighted across the skys in WWII?

Army Airforce caught redhanded!

OMG watcg 2:05 and 3:10!

Without a doubt-Contrails.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Helmkat]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join