It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint technology in schools!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I found this article in the guardian newspaper today, and its discussing the increasing use of fingerprint technology in schools, rather than using the old paper register. I suppose they will have other uses for it too in time, such as eligability for school dinners, being in the right place when you should be, and more than likely to actually enter the school itself.

But theworry is, if the parents refuse the technology for their children, does that scupper their childs place at the better schools, which are probably using them first.

They say the government arent keeping the data, but I'm guessing its stored somewhere.

we cannot see how it would be fair or lawful for a school to use a parent's refusal to consent to fingerprinting her child as a reason for rescinding an offer of a place at a school. The reaction would be wholly disproportionate (engaging the child's right to privacy and education).

Its not new either, the idea has been tested for a while.

Series: Liberty ClinicPrevious | Next | Index Can I refuse to have my child fingerprinted at school?Thinkingcrumpet wants to know if refusing to allow their son to be fingerprinted by a new school will endanger his place

Here is the link to the full story.

Can I refuse to have my child fingerprinted at school?

Its how we all feared it would happen isnt it, it wont be forced on us, but we will be forced to do or we lose out, and our children too by the looks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by multichild

we cannot see how it would be fair or lawful for a school to use a parent's refusal to consent to fingerprinting her child as a reason for rescinding an offer of a place at a school. The reaction would be wholly disproportionate (engaging the child's right to privacy and education).

I think some will just do it anyway.

Just think about the schools that wouldn't allow people who had not been vaccinated. It didn't matter that because all the other kids had been vaccinated, it's only the ones who had refused who are really at risk, they just blocked them.

I think they will find some excuse (terrorism is the new boogyman, so probably that) to stop kids going to school without the fingerprint.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Trust me your kids are better off by being rejected from any type of public school.

If you care about a child's education, spend time with them. Talk about the world to them. Tell them about everything you know.

Stop treating ignorant children like idiots. Start treating them like intelligent capable and creative minds.

Try teaching multiplication and division to a 4year old. Mine learned it within only a few days. And can do tons of math problems now simply because I taught her HOW the thought process works.

I do NOT teach my kids memorization. We learn critical thinking here. We always go over facts and things, but we question the information together and wonder about it.

In 10 years my kids will be smarter than I ever could be. You can count on it.

I thank Carl Sagan for teaching me how to question things. So this is what I shall be passing on to my children.

Philosophy, Science, History, Math, Mechanics, etc.

This is why public school fails. It's all about repetition there. But if you take the time out to actually teach your child personally, you won't have to repeat yourself very often.

Nothing is better than teaching a kid new tricks. It is the most fulfilling experience in life. Better than sex,drugs, you name it.

This isn't even mentioning the vast array of negative aspects that Public School creates for children these days.

What happens at your local school district?? Drugs, sex, violence, gang ridicule on helpless loners, teachers who rape or screw their students, lunatics coming in shooting up the place.

Look I could go on and on about how negative public school is for kids these days. They are totally brainwashed into conformity (including the belief that TV is the beacon of reality), they are taught complete total in-factual BS like Columbus discovered America, and all that jazz.

Why would you send your kid to be filled with lies and NEVER get any true academic chance?? It's essentially a day care camp to house your prisoner children in while the parents are at work doing their slave jobs.

If you wanna actually teach your kid some real cool stuff, take them to a local Library. It's free and they are sure to find something they like.

Take the kid to local museums or other locations where knowledge and information are shared freely and openly.

Take the kid to your local government buildings, banks, etc. Show them the real world that they live in. Tell them what every place is. Tell them things.

Only YOU can teach a child. Schools only corrupt and dumb them down.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

join