It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Men have their role - killing

Women have their role - birthing

I deleted the rest of your lines to leave the first word. I think this reveals your sense of superiority quite nicely. Disgusting thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This post is ridiculous. How amazingly sexist. In my eyes its not any different than saying chinese people are better than japanese or white better than black or insert any race better than insert any race.

It's a generalized prejudiced post. One woman is not the same as the next woman and one man is not the same as the next man. To generalize men and women that way is completely insulting and denigrating to both.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Hi

You were fortunate. My Mother died when I was born....

Yes initially I tried to make light heart of things but why bother...?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

aplogies - double post!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

wow you've got issues and this isn't really the place to go bashing men. There are plenty of forums for that.

Woman may be stronger than men in some things while men are stronger than women in others.

The fact of the matter is our genders are different as a result of evolution. When will women stop criticising and trying to change their men.

Take 'man flu'. have you ever considered the fact that this maybe a result of evolution. Imagine men out on hunting trips thousands nay hundreds of thousands of years ago. If one got a cold and stayed with the hunt he'd not only put his life at risk of predation because his senses and responses are compromised, but he'd also slow down his tribesmen and possibly infect them all. Such occurances could result in unsuccessful hunts and starvation. Now if the hunter with the cold gets knocked off his feet by it and has to stay back at the cave for a couple of days none of the above problems occur. The hunt is not jeapordised.

Equally the cavewomen may have evolved a different mechanism to tackle it. They may have evolved to never get totally wiped out for a few days but have a less harse cold that lasts longer because remaining active around the camp all the time was what was important rather than the stamina, hardship and resistence to fatigue that the hunter requires only while on the hunt and not back at camp. A womans cold may not even last longer because whenever cold breaks out amongst the tribe the germs are spread around the cave and or camp which could easily result in a strengthened immune sytem for the woman and a good strong early exposure to germs for the young uns.

Bottom line is there are gender specifics based on evolution that neither men nor women should be criticised for just as there are those people that are of opposite polarities within a gender.

threads of this kind reveal more about the authors than the subjects they discuss. Buy hey you got some points

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Who can endure many sleepless nights with a sick baby? And still carry on next day?

I have, my then wife had no interest in getting up at night to feed the baby, change the diapers or sit up with the baby if he was ill. IT.WAS.ME. I also had to go to work the next morning, thankfully family helped me out with "day care".

Originally posted by catwhoknowsWho keeps the family together?

This was also ME, the MAN of the house. She was (and still is) a class A psycho path. I'm the one who had to hold the family together, tying to keep things sane. (Obviously, not forever.)

I don't see why people have such a big fetish for making one sex seem better then the other? Why can't we be equal?

I guess equality doesn't further the feminist BS movement.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Okay... first off, wether you're an atheist or a believer in a god(s), there are differences between men and women. This of course does not apply to every little thing, as some may be different, but there ARE differences and people like you try to take that away. I agree that men and women are equal, deserve the same rights and opportunities and are just as intelligent and important as eachother. HOWEVER.... men always have been and always will be the physically stronger sex. Men are proven to be more aggressive, have more of a sex drive and usually are less prone to sharing their emotions. At least ive never seen a man cry, but ive seen plenty of women cry! oh, and men also seem to have always been the more dominant gender. Women are not nearly as strong physically, but they are mentally, however they react to situations differently. Women seem more prone to crying and freaking out whereas a guy will blow it off and walk it off. Women and men are equal and deserve equal rights and are just as intelligent as eachother, however there ARE and always WILL be physical and mental differences. Its scientifically proven, and you are just going to need to accept that.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LuckyMe777]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by The Wave

My mother doesn't have anything to do with my last post.

if you read the above statement out of context there seems to be some some level of intra-sentence contradiction there.

i just had to read that sentence more than once to take in what it was saying.

it made me feel a little...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Misandry: A hatred of males.

Women are stronger than men

Why do men want to kill ?

Either topic , a knock out conversation piece on that all important first date .

Why so much hate for the Tom Cats ??????? ....... catwhoknows

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The OP is nonsense and I will entertain no such notion!

Men and women are equal and capable of SHARING reponsibilities that allow them to perform as a well oiled machine - a TEAM! When my daughter was diagnosed with RSV, asthma, pneumonia, a heart defect and other health problems, my wife and I shared the burden of her care equally. We BOTH also shared the burden of the stress, worry and tears. We BOTH endured sleepless nights, endless trips to the hospital for tests, nervousness anxiety awaiting results etc...

In the interim we BOTH worked full time. We both cleaned the house, prepared meals, did laundry, did yard work, raised our child and tended equally to the tasks at hand. In other words, TOGETHER we formed a PERFECT TEAM!!!
Neither was "stronger" than the other.

Certainly men and women can perform certain tasks most suited to their gender - often more efficiently or effectively. But that alone does not make one "stronger" than the other. In fact, more appropriately, it indicates a need, as dictated by nature, for man and woman to create a partnership in order to foment a most perfect union of skills and abilities.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To the original poster and posting. A man that goes out, and bust his hump to support women with holier than thou, thankless attitudes like yours is worth far more than the ability to incubate a child.

I was married at one time, had a fat wife that nagged me constantly. I got up with my daughter half the night. When me my fat wife were both sick, I was the one that took care of our child. When the nagging and constant criticism became too much, she was the one that initiated divorce, at the behest of her boyfriend she was sleeping around with at the time. Did my fat ex keep the family together? No.

What an incredible unfounded claim of superiority you have.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Who can endure many sleepless nights with a sick baby? And still carry on next day?

I know one that can't, my ex. Many of times I would come home from my second job (mind you I was the one supporting us financially) only to come home to my girlfriend and child who was still up, yelling for me to take over. Often I would go 24 hours without sleeping.

Very good endtime warrior. I feel ya, Ive been in the same situation myself. (she is my ex now, and Im the one who got custody of my son) Not many good dads out there anymore, but its good to hear about other guys like you..............ultimately i believe it will be the few (like ourselves) that can help change the many other men out there to focus on thier children more. Women arent stronger, it comes down to the individual, male or female.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am not getting into the "better" or "worse" labelling as a man being an bigot or a woman just the same has no differance, the same as a White person disliking those of a differant race is of no differance to an arab/indian etc disliking whites, they are both wrong.

However I must say your name on ATS suprises me very little.

Indeed the same as every person who I have ever met who blames another race for not having a "job" or an happy life is often not prepared to work as hard as those they denigrate,

The same with every woman who is an man hater also has a very perculiar obsession with the feline world.

However not to go to that level, being an 20 odd year evgetarian and all, I love animals, but dogs are the same as cats.

They are both special.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The same with every woman who is an man hater also has a very perculiar obsession with the feline world.

I'm crackin' up,
what's up with that anyway?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Keep the family together ?
Seems like most divorce proceedings these days are started by the female side.

And of course the guy that goes to work every day for forty five, to fifty years to keep the family afloat financially, deserves absolutely no credit.

Sure childbirth is tough, both physically and mentally, but nature has equipped women for that task. Women have been doing it successfully for tens of thousands of years.

Yeah well, if we received the same pay that men do for the very same exact job,this wouldn't even be an issue, but since you went there, well let me just say this, some women are trapped in a loveless, very unhealthy relationship just because they cannot make enough money to make it on their own no matter how much they bust their A** in life, so given that when the kids are grown and the woman then has the freedom to leave that very horrible unwanted relationship she might have felt trapped in, it is her right and why the heck shouldn't she leave? You expect her to pay for making the wrong choice in her life for the rest of her life??? NO WAY!!!! And here are some sources to prove what I am saying!!!!
Wage Gap By The Numbers

Should we be mad as hell? WELL HELL YES!!!!!

Should we feel proud of the accomplishments we do have that men can't accomplish????? WELL HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

In fact as the following stats show, the pay gap is not gender based but country based.

Here the truth

Notice that the UK most of the European giants such as Britain France etc and of course the USA is not in the top 20 countries worldwide for pay equality.

It has nothing to do with gender, but rather that is just a subset of a bigger issue, the gap in rich and poor in our countries is based on that only.

Rich or poor and a big gap, lowly paid male cleaner in an US hospital, or British office block, male or female they both earn the same, compared to the doctors or managers.

To skew figures of the limited amount of women who earn high incomes in traditional male industries such as Stocks or CEO's against the many more males who work their, against the fact that a cleaner male or female who gets paid the same at the bottom of an US hospital, whilst both the Male and Female Doctors there earn the same for doing the same job with the same hours, is well....

Like saying Cats are better than Dogs as they catch rodents.

Dogs though cant do that but fetch balls and sticks.

Both the same.

To extrapolate a difference when one does not exist except in "statistics" which are not true is false. Many of my mangers in life have been female they earn a lot more than me.

Do I hate them for it?

No, just the same a male manager they got there because of what they did sacrificed etc, and got paid the same as male managers.

Kind Regards,

Elf
ElfEdit Spelling & Link

[edit on 18-7-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How about a litmus test of which sex is better at heart.

When you think of the evil blood sucking elite what comes into your mind first a man or a woman? Yes there are evil women but not nearly as great a proportion as the men.

strength and stamina when that baby is waking you every 3 hours? Men just can't hack it.

They can and have many times in the past and will many more in the future.
Most Fairy tales featuring heroines were girls whos mother died and they wereaised by their father. Silas Marner (penned by George (Female) Elliot) Did a supurb job of raising Eppie and he wasn't even related.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Are you a woman? If you were you'd know that every damn thing you just said is a load of crap!!!! I am a woman AND I HAVE WORKED ALONGSIDE MEN AT THE SAME LEVEL AS ME IN EVERYTHING FROM THE MILITARY TO SWINGING A HAMMER WITH MEN THAT STARTED AT THE SAME DAY AND AT A HIGHER PAY THAN ME!!!! SO YOU NEED TO RECHECK YOUR FACTS!!!
DENY IGNORANCE! YEAH RIGHT.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I do the same work as others knowing others make more money than I do. I'm male in case it's not obvious. I decided not to complain about the issue. I know employers pay based on years of experience, GPA upon graduation, degree achieved, and how well you negotiated your starting pay and job. I've heard many women do not negotiate and just take whatever is offered. That may be a good or bad decision based upon different circumstances.

I've also seen a temporary girl learn how to do a lot of computer work I was doing. I was teaching her so I would have more time to do more complicated engineering work. As soon as she became decent at what I was teaching her, she suddenly demanded more pay for supposedly doing the same work. She had accepted one pay rate upon being hired in a temporary position and suddenly wanted more money after only working a few months. The company wasn't willing to suddenly pay her more and I wasted all my time teaching her.

I have a sister-in-law that is so lazy, she doesn't even do laundry and wears her husbands underwear at times. You could say I have a different perspective.

I'm merely trying to say there are some valid reasons for some pay differences for people doing the same job. If there are pay differences for manual labor type of work, that might be more questionable about being fair unless someone was to make an argument about skill level. If that was true though, I would expect some women to be paid more than the men.

I believe we are all the same before we are born and develop into a male or female. Men are better with certain skills and physical strength. Women are better in other areas.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by orionthehunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join