It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nononono.

My brother in law was the mother in the house. He cooked, cleaned, took care of the baby, got up in the morning to take care of it and the middle of the night, etc.

My sister did not of it despite it being her child.

I believe that women are strong, but I don't believe they are better.

I believe in equality.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I still stand by the statement that Men not women are stronger.
Just look at what happens when you've got a sale going on in a big warehouse.

And when I go to work in the morning at about 6 am I still see mainly male drivers, like 85/90%. Its not until about 8 that it becomes a little balanced. So with all the power the feminists have gathered they forgot their b*lls to get up early to go to work. The more I think about it the more I have to disagree... Even though in many areas men and women suplement each other and they are mostly equal, overall its the woman leaning on the man and not the other way around. With the occasional exception offcourse.

How is this? Is the general womans populace in a conspiracy to fool men about their true worth?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Absolutly right! If you will also admit to," power mongers, manipulators,
cop callers, unreasonable, unaccountable, lacking in personality and
any sense of humor. These along with all the other positive attributes we men love about women. Make women the perfect pit fall.

Tell me God has no sense of humor.

What a fun thread good for you OP.
SnF

Truth be told you womken have all my respect and I am a slave to what ever you say or think.
You may call that PW. Two words but the wrong ones.

Child Birth.
I know no terror like a barefoot pregnant women. Truth.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It depends on the woman or the man your talking about I think, we are all individuals and have our own threshold for pain, and individual strengths and weaknesses.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah it all depends on the person, I was more of a mother to my lil brother and sister than our actual mom. I raised myself basically, So No one is better, thats a ridiculous statement. quite offenseive.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Boadicea - or however you spell her name

if you'd like to make a case that women are stronger than men you should consider looking up how to spell an example's name before proceeding with your argument. when there is doubt within the first sentence it's gonna be hard to change minds.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Welcome to the stone age.
You know movies talk and come in color now?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This post makes me rage to my core. Women do not hold a family together, in most case they split it apart.

2/3 divorces are filed by Women. I would put a thrid of that to the argument of cheating and domestic violence, which makes the other 1/3 about petty and stupid things.(AKA no-fault) (In college educated couples, 90% of divorces are filed by women)

If the 1/3 of divorces filed by men is also split in half, that leaves them 1/6th of petty divorces.

Men are forced to pay around 40% of their income to ex-wives, regardless of wrongdoing on the woman's parts (often called "no-fault" alimony). She could commit adultery and beat her husband or kids, and none of it will influence the court's decision.

While 2/3 of all divorces are initiated by women, 85 to 90% of custody awards go to the women.

60% of all child abuse is committed by women with sole custody.

Current data indicates that women are becoming the biggest perpetrators of domestic abuse.

The earning spouse will be ordered to pay the attorney's fees of the dependent spouse, which is usually between $5,000 and $20,000 US, even if the latter initiated it.

Women are not the tape that holds a house or a relationship together. The are the scissors that cut it apart, and they are theives.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hi catwhoknows,

Thanks for your considered replied to my various posts.... guess you haven't the fortitude, strenghth...

Ah well!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe if the men werent such B****S There statistics would be different.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Star. Sadly, the replies from the author seem to be just enough to keep the thread going, without adding depth, insight or meaning. Too bad really, could have been an interesting topic.

Nice that some participants found the wherewithal to treat it with some seriousness of discussion because sadly, I cannot. I read it as an attempt to divide and besides, everything that I could add, has already been said.

Personally, I think we should embrace our differences while appreciating each other (men/women) but for some reason, there are those who would seek to divide...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by adigregorio

I didn't say better, I said stronger.

Men have their role - killing/earning/siring/mowing the lawn/maintaining things.

Women have their role - birthing/nurturing/gossiping/caring.

How about the men that dont kill but will face anything to save another? What about all those brave men that are fully selfless and go into harms way just to lead someone into the light.

All the men that stay when the female ego goes so out of control, thehy feel they have to change the man into whatever childlike fantasy of a man they had. The man is full aware of the hell he is in at that point but stays because a lot of us are flat out loyal.

Men for the most part built this world with blood, sweat and tears. We did this.

That is strength.

What women have done is equally important, but please dont try and diminish what men have done and will do.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
she means theyr more stronger to endure....watching babyes,cooking for the family, dealing with a bad husband,they take stress more calm. well theyr stronger in that matter

what a load of bull i look after my kids my wife works, i am also the one that cooks because my wife has to watch the soaps, husbands and wifes are bad (and this is personal opinion a woman will leave a bad husband but a man will stay with a bad wife), i am the one that stays calm when we struglle with bills or the kids hurt themself, so either your wrong and making assumptions or your calling me a woman

all the things that i have said about my wife are balanced by all the good points she has and things she does for me

i have a question women want equal pay to men which is fine as far as iam concerned but i don't hear them crying out to get the retirement aged raised to the same as a mans

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

My point is that it really hurts.

I dont know about this childbirth being the ultimate pain thing. Most women I have met cry when they are physically hurt in the slightest. Here is an example. I had a bonfire on the 4th and I was using fireproof gloves to move a log into the center of the fire, the log was completely red from its outside portion being red hot coals. It accidentally rolled up the sensitive white underbelly of my forearm. I casually rolled it back and it left 3rd degree burns up and down the underside of my forearm. The outside layer of skin turned black and fell off.

I casually walked over to my wife and said "check it out that is what a large 3rd degree burn looks like" she almost puked when she looked at it and I went inside and scrubbed the dead skin off of it and then pored pure rubbing alcohol on it to kill the germs.

I never even winced.

Most women would have had to be sedated. I know I have been on hundreds of emergency medical runs. I have seen it all. Men can take pain on the average much better.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ah yea i feel for you, couse you see in "typical cases" usualy the man works all day having hard time PROVIDING for the family,and is always STRESSED and always have to take aLL THEM DECISIONS. the woman on the other hand usualy stays in home watching the kids,or works some easy job,in some cases there are career women,poor husbands...

the woman is usualy supposed to be a good mother and be good at cooking,cleaning,watching HER KID.

but nowadays there are alot of TRASHY women, who just sit home all day,and the man becomes some sort of.....mule?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

hi

And did you have a mother?

I didn't!

Peace!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i wouldn't want to fight either men or women.

but if i had to fight a man i would prefer it were a fight of logic and words.

i wouldn't want to fight either men or women.

but if i had to fight a women i would prefer it were a physical fight.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Speak for yourself please.

I was raised by a single father.

You sound like a young mom.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What I have seen on this thread so far has been a debate about the strength of men and women. Of course men are going to be for their gender and so are women, for the most.
No doubt for the biggest percentage, physically.. men are superior in strength, always will be. I doubt very seriously that the strongest woman in the world could best the strongest man.
I think what the op was going for is staying power. Not all... but for the most.. women will walk thru hellfire for their children and family. Don't want to offend the men, but I see women struggling with that hellfire around here.
The majority of parents at the PTA are women and the ones taking the kids to day camp. Again the majority are women who go to the doctors office with sick kids and the majority of these women also work and others are trying to go to school to get a skill and the majority at the grocery store are women with screaming kids.
There are some men that do all these things, but here it is mostly the women.
On the block I live on, there are 10 houses..women mow 6 out of 10 yards!!!!
On this block..I am the only retiree, female. I mow my own yard. Trim the shrubs with hedge clippers, clean my own gutters. I do simple plumbing and electrical work. The only thing I ask for help is..when I mess up the computer. I call my son to fix that. Been divorced for 35 yrs. so I had to learn these things and more.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by moonwize]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

I'm not sure how to respond to your question...

Yes I have a mother and yes she is a good one.

My mother doesn't have anything to do with my last post.

Just to clarify, I was giving you kudos for taking the time to discuss and try to glean information and conversation from the thread author, as it "appears to me" that discussion was not quite the author's intent.... I ran out of patience quite early on....

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join