It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by faceoff85

Oh, men give birth now? I didn't know that.

But I am very pleased to hear it.

Guess what, men would die giving birth, because they could not stand that unbelievable level of pain.

While I agree with your opening post in some ways, I find the above completely innacurate. I dont think we would die giving birth....being a contact sports player Ive been privy to all sorts of excruciating pain. I know there is a difference between the tearing of the walls of the vagina, and repeated broken bones, dislocations and sprains, but I think the majority of us would be able to put up with it....however we would probably complain more

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
what a crock child birth ok my wife had 6 boys
tell you what ill trade you the eye i lost for 6 child births any day of the week.
barning problems ( my wife had none) the worst part takes 20 mints .
( my wife was even faster) First a nife in my eye then 9 months of living hell with pain so bad 24 7 beging thr doc to take out what was left of the eye.
you think child birth is so bad try that. O and btw I did almost die on the operation table with on operation involving my eye.
Sick of hear how bad child birth is try canser try being burned 3 degre over 30% of your body try a dozen other things you want to know what real pain is.
as for taking care of the kids my second boy tryed having crib death we slept in shifts for 6 months . changed many a dippers here taking care of the kids was easy would trade my 60 hour weeks for the kids and house work any time.
I know I did BOTH.
But my wife was MUCH better at social paper work then I (thank god lol)
and she had a knack for elderl care as well . I do great with finances and fixing junk
one last thing you dont want child birth pain DONT GET PREGGERS its that easy

[edit on 18-7-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Men are stronger muscularly, obviously.

Women are strong in nurturing.

No argument - when I said women are stronger than men I meant this:

Women cope with pain a lot more than men do.

Women put up with a lot more # than men do.

That is why women are stronger. Because they put up with really difficult situations.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Hi catwhoknows,

Most women wouldn't know a diifficult situation if it bit them in the bum!

Having recently experience the endless whinging of ladies I really am speaking from experience. If they got off their behinds.... instead of always complaining, may be things might be more balnced?

As I stated politely in my earlier post - try going out and doing a 70 hour week for 40 years whilst helping back at home....teaching the kids to swim ("I don't like water') teaching them to ride a bike ("Where's the auto shift....and engine?'), taking them for walks and explaining about nature ('Favourite program is on...')

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Anthony Massey

WOW!

I am saying an absolute wow to you because of all that difficult stuff you are doing.

Because it is difficult for a man to take on the role of a woman.

I hope your wife appreciates you.

thanks but i would like to say it isn't hard, its really easy actual but that might be because i don't see it as a chore its a labour of love, i always recommend to my male friends to stay at home nothing matches your childs first step/word and yes my wife does appreciate me because she would struggle (her words not mine) if it was the other way around

something i will say that may stir things up i see plenty of women struggling to control thier kids while out and about but i rarely see a man struggle this maybe due to the fact of numbers I.E i see more mums than dads, i think men are getting a bad rap in regards to parenting at the moment and its unjustified

lets ask a question if you meet a man and he says he a stay at home dad do you think its because a) he can't find a job to support his family or b)he wants to in my experience most people believe A and can't understand why a man wants to stay home

(women are stronger, have you tried getting the quilt of them at 3 in the morning :lol

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Of course women are stronger than men. If any man tried to go through child-birth he would be screaming/crying for his mummy.

This says it better than anything or anyone else.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Sure - except my mother died in childbirth....

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Who can go through the agony of childbirth?

I dunno..... I've taken some really huge dumps in my time.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

How do you know that women put up with a lot more # than men do?

Many of them are just strong enough not to whine every time something happens that could affect them emotionally. We all have difficulties in our lives, but women are more likely to share them, to feel some kind of release and comfort.

I think it is tougher and more powerful for men to keep their heads and be composed.

My 2 cents

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Boadicea - or however you spell her name - was a fearsome fighting woman.

Then Ng Mui should interest you
:

She is said to have been a master variously of the Shaolin martial arts, the Wudang martial arts, and Yuejiaquan, the family style of Yue Fei. She is also credited as the founder of the martial arts Wǔ Méi Pài (Ng Mui style), Wing Chun Kuen, Dragon style, White Crane, and Five-Pattern Hung Kuen. Ng Mui

Women are fighters and strong - for their children mainly.

That was definitely not my mother, who was an alcoholic and absolutely crazy. But she had her good moments. I doubt she represents the majority of mothers in the world, but even the minority weakens the premise and shows that a human, regardless of gender, is still human.

Who can endure many sleepless nights with a sick baby? And still carry on next day?

Definitely not I, which is probably why I do not have children. My five-month-old nephew woke up this morning at 4 AM and demanded breakfast. Luckily, he fell asleep right after. So did his mother and father.

Who can endure men moaning and complaining when they only have a cold?

I don't get sick often, but when I do I suffer greatly. The last cold kept me awake for four days. I did complain that time, but it was to a God that I didn't believe in.

Who can go through the agony of childbirth?

Childbirth is merely one condition of many that we humans must face, most off which are painful, as one poster pointed out.

Who keeps the family together?

Benjamin Franklin?

Here is an interesting story, if you have not heard of it before:

April 20, 2010 (Boulder, CO) – In December 2006 when professional multisport athlete and adventure racer, Danelle Ballengee, slipped on black ice and fell sixty feet on a canyon trail near her home in Moab, the odds were stacked against her survival.

With a shattered sacrum and severe internal bleeding, she crawled to a water hole and withstood two nights of frigid temperatures by doing crunches to stay awake and generate heat. Documentary Portrays Danelle Ballengee’s Extraordinary Tale of Survival

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

Hi

Thanks for a balanced view! It's give and take.....(and I won't elaborate!)

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
edit : lost it

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Takka]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This thread has only been successful in starting a sex war

2nd line

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think the author of this thread likes the subject of comparing men to women!

Why do men want to kill?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally I thought the women/men comparison subject went out with racism but the racism card is still being used here and there so why is it surprising me to see this?

As time goes bye, we (male or female) find our place, our preferences in our roles and live the best we can.

If someone isn't happy, communication is exhausted, then learn from your mistakes and move on.

We compliment each other.

Love and peace to you all.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
These days, when its hot, its pure pleasure watching all the gorgeous women walk around in the cities. You are so damn beautiful.

So add that to the list you made!

Sorry if I didnt react the way you were expecting. Im sure there are others who will.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Stronger in some ways, not as strong in others, and equal in other ways. Not many would argue this. The trick is in figuring out what's what, and even here there are variables and exceptions. The key message or lessons here might be to simply accept and acknowledge people on an individual basis, and then let people do what they're good at.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Stronger in some ways, not as strong in others, and equal in other ways. Not many would argue this. The trick is in figuring out what's what, and even here there are variables and exceptions. The key message or lessons here might be to simply accept and acknowledge people on an individual basis, and then let people do what they're good at.

Now you've done it. You've brought common sense into this thread. Was that really necessary?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

reply to post by technical difficulties

Men are stronger muscularly, obviously.

Women are strong in nurturing.

No argument - when I said women are stronger than men I meant this:

Women cope with pain a lot more than men do.

Women put up with a lot more # than men do.

That is why women are stronger. Because they put up with really difficult situations.

I'll agree to that .
From what I've observed women do have to put up with a lot of emotional , domestic , social stresses etc that men don't really have to deal with .
You'd have to be tough to deal with some of the things I've seen women go through .
The thing I've noticed though in a few instances is that the difficulties and stresses that women have to deal with are largely in their own minds.

Men look at problems in a different light from my personal experience .
A guy will have a stressful situation to deal with , he'll come up with a solution and move on to the next , trying not to dwell on the things he can't do much about anyways . No point worrying about stuff you can't change. Where as a woman is more likely to go over it in her mind over and over making things more complicated then they really need to be .
This is of course just my personal take on it . I'm a guy , I like simple , some of the things women tell me they think and worry about surprise me to be honest . It seems to me that women sometimes create issues in their own minds that aren't really necessary .
hmm just my opinion atm , but welcome more insight into the complexities of the female psyche

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Star and flag for you friend. Glad to see someone realizes this about Women. They are stronger, and have a lot more power too. You would be amazed at things my wife can accomplish, things I cannot do. Women will lead us to the new world, the new Earth after the change. For myself, I am going with them.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi...I don't know who is stronger or weaker or who has a higher pain threshold or is more intelligent because I am not smart.

However...Men are obsolete now because a woman can reproduce without semen but a man can not.

I am not going to post a link but the technology has been around for awhile.

It is possible in the future males born from self reproduction will be workers for the queen bee. They are likely to be neutered at a yound age so as to reduce the threat of cyclical male dominance.

The only chance I see for men in the future is to take the voting rights away from women and outlaw women's shoes.

LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join